Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2007, 09:17 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,777,344 times

Advertisements

Ok, so in October 2007, I never figured I would be in Pittsburgh on New Year's Eve; but ta-da! I might be hanging around for a while (long while?) too. Ok, so I haven't lived here for 5 years, but here are my suggestions for year 2008 New Year's resolutions for Pittsburgh:

1) Bring in some more international airline service to Pittsburgh; or at least some more airlines

2) Get a major motion picture made here (I think it's been awhile...forgive me if there's one in the works I don't know about)

3) Don't let that Spanish company turn Kennywood into another 6 Flags

4) Make a prime-time TV special about Myron Cope (love that guy!)

5) Try to increase the number of sushi restaurants per-capita

6) Get a Spanish language station on TV; even if it's for only part of the day

7) Stop on the bickering and ragging on Mayor Ravenstahl

8) For the Steelers to have less injuries

9) For that rapper Wiz Khalifa to get more airplay (that "Pittsburgh Sound" song is catchy! )

10) For all major snowfalls/snowstorms to occur before March 15th!

Happy 2008 everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 09:38 AM

237 posts, read 859,826 times
Movies: They recently wrapped "Adventureland" which was filmed at Kennywood. And they are working on (though I don't know when shooting begins - I just recieved a call for extras) the newest Kevin Smith film (this is his second film shot here.)

Old 12-31-2007, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzeeq521 View Post
Movies: They recently wrapped "Adventureland" which was filmed at Kennywood. And they are working on (though I don't know when shooting begins - I just recieved a call for extras) the newest Kevin Smith film (this is his second film shot here.)
You know I heard about that movie...but I thought they were proposing it...I didn't know it was finished shooting!

Good to hear about the Kevin Smith film...I think his stuff is great!

Old 12-31-2007, 11:10 AM

2,902 posts, read 10,067,760 times
Quote:
1) Bring in some more international airline service to Pittsburgh; or at least some more airlines
They're trying really hard. Many believe it will begin with Amsterdam, although they won't say for sure, I think that one is a pretty done deal.
Quote:
2) Get a major motion picture made here (I think it's been awhile...forgive me if there's one in the works I don't know about)
Actually Pennsylvania just changed their filming laws regarding tax, so more films are coming to the state and to both Pittsburgh and Philly. I know the film makers of Dogma are back to shoot another in Pittsburgh.
Quote:
3) Don't let that Spanish company turn Kennywood into another 6 Flags
Yeah.
Quote:
5) Try to increase the number of sushi restaurants per-capita
LOL. That's a PERSONAL resolution you'd like to see. I could live without.
Quote:
6) Get a Spanish language station on TV; even if it's for only part of the day
What, for all six of them?
Quote:
8) For the Steelers to have less injuries
I'd be happy just to see the Pariots lose. TO ANYBODY!!!

LOL.

Happy 2008!!

Old 12-31-2007, 12:07 PM

107 posts, read 350,238 times
sushi places are about average with other cities the same size. There are plenty in the neighorhoods that have the people who want to eat sushi like squirrel hill, shadyside, the strip, and some out in Robinson and Monroeville.

I can't afford sushi every day, I wish I could. I just go to shadyside on a saturday and get it the day I have extra money for good sushi.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:24 PM

511 posts, read 1,936,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
7) Stop on the bickering and ragging on Mayor Ravenstahl
When you do stupid things, you get ragged on, so there you go.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwscottie View Post
When you do stupid things, you get ragged on, so there you go.
Oh yes, because it really helps things .

(wasn't he just voted into office anyway?)

Old 01-01-2008, 02:09 AM

2,902 posts, read 10,067,760 times
Quote:
(wasn't he just voted into office anyway?)
Well yeah, but for a second term. Well... 1.5th term. hah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: