Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2014, 07:02 AM

618 posts, read 691,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Yes, the so-called privileged white males are no doubt the most hated people these days, but people don't judge others by their sex or appearance I am sure. There is a difference in saying, "women" and "woman". I clearly stated "some woman", meaning charisb. She seems to have taken it upon herself to speak for ALL women. That is with the "e". Good luck speaking for everyone in any group unless you are voted to be a spokesperson. She clearly isn't even close to being on target with many women out there.
With so many typos in your posts, I can't imagine many relied on your dainty substitution of "woman" for "women."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2014, 07:03 AM

1,106 posts, read 1,163,088 times
Quote:
What I find most interesting is that you feel you can be a spokesperson for all women as if all women think like you. There are lots of different mindsets in humans, not just women, so stop feeling you are some self proclaimed spokesperson. You can speak for yourself and your opinion means very little. Heck, a month ago I was following a motorcycle and a women was sitting behind the male driver of that bike. The women had a jacket on that said, "property of ...." on the back. Can't remember the name, but I wouldn't post it anyway. You, no doubt would put that women down, saying she has no self-esteam and a host of other attacks on her, but maybe her life is great, she loves her man and is having fun. Shutter at the thought that all women don't think like you. It is more than obvious they don't.
Dude, you really ran with things here. I am not speaking for all women, but I actually AM a women, something you are not. I have experienced this kind of unwelcome attention and I have a host of female friends who actually talk about these issues. I never said anything about 'self-esteem', nor have I put nay women down. Plenty of other women on this thread have agreed with me by the way. You think my posts haven't received any reps?
But keep thinking you know everything about women and want they want and how THRILLED they are when a superior being such as yourself notices them.

Old 11-11-2014, 07:04 AM

3,110 posts, read 2,915,413 times
Quote:
A simple search would show that I changed my username. How could I hide that?
Not saying anything nefarious is going on, just no coffee yet and was a little confused....

Old 11-11-2014, 07:07 AM

Quote:
What I find most interesting is that you feel you can be a spokesperson for all women as if all women think like you. There are lots of different mindsets in humans, not just women, so stop feeling you are some self proclaimed spokesperson. You can speak for yourself and your opinion means very little. Heck, a month ago I was following a motorcycle and a women was sitting behind the male driver of that bike. The women had a jacket on that said, "property of ...." on the back. Can't remember the name, but I wouldn't post it anyway. You, no doubt would put that women down, saying she has no self-esteam and a host of other attacks on her, but maybe her life is great, she loves her man and is having fun. Shutter at the thought that all women don't think like you. It is more than obvious they don't.
Not to remove any validity from your observation, but if this story is the one I remember she was hanging out with Pagans, and that makes me begin to question her actions across the board...

Old 11-11-2014, 07:13 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchdigger View Post
I can't help but imagine walking through the jungle, and having the tigers say, "You look delicious today."

In general, I think that's how many women would feel about any comment coming from a stranger.
Stranger danger is certainly a big deal these days. It is interesting how far we will go from that video to even just saying hello to a stranger. What if a person was new to the area and looking for a place to get a haircut. He was walking down the street and saw a very well groomed couple and said, hello sorry to bother you, but I am new to the area and wondered where you get your haircut? You both look great. I guess that is taboo! I will just get on the smartphone and look up ratings instead. How dare I ask a question with a complement attached! There will be no speaking to a stranger! Stranger danger is in full swing!

Old 11-11-2014, 07:17 AM

2,576 posts, read 3,091,748 times
Quote:
Stranger danger is certainly a big deal these days. It is interesting how far we will go from that video to even just saying hello to a stranger. What if a person was new to the area and looking for a place to get a haircut. He was walking down the street and saw a very well groomed couple and said, hello sorry to bother you, but I am new to the area and wondered where you get your haircut? You both look great. I guess that is taboo! I will just get on the smartphone and look up ratings instead. How dare I ask a question with a complement attached! There will be no speaking to a stranger! Stranger danger is in full swing!
So, did he address the man or was he seeking a woman's haircut?
Goodness.
Next.

Old 11-11-2014, 07:17 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
Not to remove any validity from your observation, but if this story is the one I remember she was hanging out with Pagans, and that makes me begin to question her actions across the board...
Well yes, I agree and if that was my daughter on the back of that bike, I wouldn't be able to sleep ever, but my point was there are all kinds of people out there, so it would be very hard to speak for everyone. Sure the example was way out there, but the point remains. There are countless women that would love to hear a complement from anyone. Just no one on this forum. They might shoot a man if they said, "you look nice today". That is bad!

Old 11-11-2014, 07:19 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo dah View Post
So, did he address the man or was he seeking a woman's haircut?
Goodness.
Next.
As any polite person would do, he addressed them as a couple. They looked great, so they would give their answers. Oh, this actually happened. What a horrible man he must be!

Old 11-11-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
As any polite person would do, he addressed them as a couple. They looked great, so they would give their answers. Oh, this actually happened. What a horrible man he must be!
Everything is getting muddied on this topic to the point where it makes no sense anymore.....

Now it is compliments to a couple who have nice haircuts from an out of towner in need of a barber when it started out as catcalling to a woman on the street......

This thread has jumped the shark....

Old 11-11-2014, 07:58 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
Everything is getting muddied on this topic to the point where it makes no sense anymore.....

Now it is compliments to a couple who have nice haircuts from an out of towner in need of a barber when it started out as catcalling to a woman on the street......

This thread has jumped the shark....
I agree, but how else do you find the boundaries? What can a man say to a woman? Many men on that video said, "hello" and it was viewed as harassment. That caused some confusion. I called it classism and wpip said there is a double standard, which was along the same lines. Guess I am testing the waters. Personally, I rarely speak to people these days if I don't know them, unless I have a question or am responding to them. Most are on a smartphone anyway and being friendly to the stranger danger people isn't friendly anymore. Best to not look at others unless they appear to be a threat and you need to watch their actions incase they want to rob you. Other than that, just don't pay attention to others around and never speak to them. Safer that way, because if you say something, you might offend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh