Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 03:40 PM

28 posts, read 60,629 times

Advertisements

As usual --- Penn State students come thru when it matters and raise $13 million for pediatric cancer!

Penn State raises $13,026,653.23 for Four Diamonds - The Daily Collegian: THON

Take that all you Pitt clowns. I never seen a Pitt student care about anyone except themselves! Which totally explains what kind of person they become after they leave college LOL.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 03:46 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,087,213 times
It's really the least the school can do for kids.

It boggles my mind that so many are in favor of re-raising a statue. Imo they should raise more $$$ for kids.

Old 02-22-2015, 04:43 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,960,835 times
I'll be sure to tell my Pitt grad wife that all her work with United Cerebral Palsy isn't worth it.

Between this and the Amy R. post, you've set a remarkably high bar for content.

Old 02-22-2015, 04:48 PM

In all fairness, 1564 views in 2 days shows quite the interest to the other thread.

I'd like to see PSU raise a lot more $$$.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
It's really the least the school can do for kids.

It boggles my mind that so many are in favor of re-raising a statue. Imo they should raise more $$$ for kids.
I find it personally repulsive you choose to impute a world-class university that has produced over 2 million college graduates of the highest character, moral fiber and superior intellect for the past 160 years --- all because of one convicted pedophile who's sick behavior was mishandled by an incompetent university president and athletic director?

Yeah, I bet that makes sense to a typical Pitt graduate with ZERO common sense!

Legendary football coach was totally absolved of any implication in the scandal because of his profound lack of knowing all the pertinent facts and therefore passing the matter on to his superiors who were legally obligated to act on the information.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RektorFry985 View Post
I find it personally repulsive you choose to impute a world-class university that has produced over 2 million college graduates of the highest character, moral fiber and superior intellect for the past 160 years --- all because of one convicted pedophile who's sick behavior was mishandled by an incompetent university president and athletic director?

1 convicted, 1 dead and many more guilty/in the know. The lifting of the sanctions and the support to raise the statue is a disgrace...but it's nice to see them raising some money to help kids. They need to raise more.

I always find great humor in assumptions, here.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:41 PM

9,322 posts, read 12,943,635 times
Quote:
Which is funny, because Pitt has been significantly more selective for years.

I have nothing against Penn State, by the way. Selectivity aside, the schools are on par academically (Pitt is stronger in some fields, PSU others), and both are an excellent value compared to their private peers. The on-campus herd mentality always creeped me out though, and I would have gone absolutely stir-crazy living in an isolated college town surrounded by a whole lot of nothing.

Regardless, this thread has nothing to do with Pittsburgh and should be moved to the general PA forum (if allowed to remain open at all).

Old 02-22-2015, 05:48 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,857,047 times
Quote:

Legendary football coach was totally absolved of any implication in the scandal because of his profound lack of knowing all the pertinent facts and therefore passing the matter on to his superiors who were legally obligated to act on the information.
I have a bridge to sell you too.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
1 convicted, 1 dead and many more guilty/in the know. The lifting of the sanctions and the support to raise the statue is a disgrace...but it's nice to see them raising some money to help kids. They need to raise more.
Raising a statue of a great man who earned the respect of millions of people over a six-decade career.

But I guess in your mind all 83 yr. old men fully understand what it means when a subordinate comes to your office to tell you he saw Sandusky and a boy "horsing around" in the shower. By that simple metric, most loving fathers would be rotting in prison for the next 20 or 30 years.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:49 PM

I always find the Pitt vs PSU debates funny, as though either school could care less once you've graduated or paid your $$$. While Pitt football doesn't compare in the success of PSU, the Pitt program along with every other school I know of, has never had or will have the black eye that PSU will always have since the scandal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh