U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 04:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,127 times
Default ...

I have a truck, does that make me a redneck Mrs. marineswifey?

I hunt, I have a mounted deer in my apartment, does that make me a redneck Mrs. marineswifey?

I enjoy drinking beer, I enjoy having a good time, does that make me a redneck Mrs. marineswifey?

I also have a college education and a great job, some friends, family, I probably contribute more to society than you do too. Please just do me a favour and think before you start f'ing blasting people you don't know.

I guess my long hair just can't cover up my redneck.

Aside, most everything has been fine here, everybody I have met has been great. Also an excellent location. I recommend this place to anybody interested.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:47 AM

9 posts, read 22,787 times
Default bleeped words

im not sure what word you think i used but it was @ss holes

Old 05-28-2008, 01:25 PM

125 posts, read 257,545 times
I just wanted to say that I talked to Tara today about all my questions and she was extremely helpful and accommodating. I know some people (person?) may have had a different experience, but she has always been professional and efficient when I've dealt with her and I just wanted to give her some credit!

Old 05-28-2008, 02:13 PM

24 hour maintenance should really only be reserved for emergency situations like plumbing and the like. I have worked for a property management company where people wanted us to come fix their AC at midnight - do you realize that someone has to wake up to go do that and it's a pain in the ass? And you can survive for a few hours without an AC? They probably don't have maintenance workers sitting around waiting, they're usually on call in case an emergency arises.
I really can't say too much since I don't know the details of your situation, but if you are freaking out if something is broken for 1 day, then I can understand why the staff might dislike you. As a tenant, you need to give the management some leeway and some time to fix things. I don't understand why someone thinks if something in their apartment is broken, that would be maintenance's first priority - they obviously have other stuff that needs to be done, and if it's fixed in a reasonable time, it should be acceptable.
Just from the things you post on here, I feel like you are over-reacting a bit. Again, I might be wrong, but that is the way it seems. There's the old saying that you attract more flies with honey than vinegar - maybe being understanding and patient with the management will help you in the long run to get all your repairs finished.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:39 PM

8 posts, read 19,303 times
You are awesome Chuckles. Thank You for relaying one of lifes messages.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:19 PM

Hey all,
Just an fyi, my roommates and I are going to be having some people over for an outdoor picnic/bbq on Sat. Jun 28th. It's BYOB, stop by if you want!

Old 06-17-2008, 02:44 PM

9 posts, read 22,787 times
Default Repairs

I am becoming happier now that things are being taken care of! The lawn is being mantained and the holes have been filled, and SLOWLY things are getting done. My dishwasher still isnt working right and I have bugs and have told the manager but she hasnt responded. My AC is fixed but thats only because we called the people ourselves to do it. Thank goodness to its been hot!

I am just trying to give people moving here an idea of whats going on. See chuckles problems with your apt from day 1! If they are NEWLY RENOVATED like they advertise we should all be able to just move right in! But there are problems right and left with things leaking and breaking! And dont take a chance of your gas not leaking... call the gas company and say you smell a leak and they will send someone out right away and test it. Then after its fixed call again and have them test to be sure again. Ours wasnt fixed right the 1st time, kinda scary to have a gas leak.

We get along with a good many of the people here. There are alot of nice couples.

Hope you enjoy living here.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:13 PM

Well if you're spreading your word, I am going to spread mine.
I love living here. If you consider the amount of rent you are paying for what you are getting, it's an absolute deal. Would I consider moving here with a child? No, probably not because you know from the start you're going to be sharing walls with people.
My issues - dishwasher wasn't set up when I moved in, called about it and it was fixed the same day. Leak from bathroom to living room, it sucked, but also fixed by the same afternoon and repainted/completely done by the next day.
My neighbors are young professionals and have been super nice and friendly - not a single coke head, weed head, or drug dealer among them (at least as far as I can tell). Sometimes our neighbor's music is loud at night, but that's no one's fault but theirs, and if it ever gets too out of hand, we will just say something to them. Certainly not something I'm going to blame on Tara or the whole complex.
Just based on the last two posts, I think the two of you are over-dramatic complainers who probably were ridiculously mean/demanding to the office and you got back what was coming to you. I can't know this for sure, but we live in the same complex and deal with the same person, and I have had a much different experience, so that leads me to think you are kinda crazy.
To anyone that wants to move here - I recommend it for younger people (20s and 30s) who want a decent place for a good price. I would not recommend it for families or old peeps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh