Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2015, 05:45 PM

47 posts, read 64,192 times

Advertisements

What are your opinions on healthcare at University of Pittsburgh? The overall healthcare & treatment by doctors. Could you recommend a family doctor there that takes time with you and also that does not just try to write scripts.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 02:40 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,576,509 times
I have been in the UPMC system for a short time now. I was in the UPMC Presbyterian Hospital ER last month and thought that the entire staff that treated my injury was wonderful. Also those at the I was also very pleased with the follow up care and physical therapy sessions I had at the Concentra clinic on Lytton ave.

All of the Docs and staff in these places was friendly and very pleasant to work with.

I can't recommend a family doctor just now but have an appointment with a Dr Recalde, in Greenfield on Wed, who will likely become my new PCP. I started a discussion about local doctors here. http://www.city-data.com/forum/pitts...l-doctors.html A few people had some input there that might be useful.

Old 03-23-2015, 03:12 PM

47 posts, read 64,192 times
Great! Glad to hear your treatment has gone well for you Appreciate the info.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:51 PM

32,606 posts, read 77,356,175 times
After my car accident in 2011 I drove myself (in my rental car) to UPMC Shadyside Hospital's ER a few days later because I was beginning to endure dizziness and neck pain that I figured may have been accident-related. From the time I walked in the door to the time I left I was treated with the utmost respect, dignity, and conscientiousness.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:47 PM

48 posts, read 49,016 times
I have to say that I was happy about the attentiveness of the staff for the most part at both Montefiore and Presbyterian Hospitals. My husband needed a hernia operation and we were attended to by a competent team of physicians. For the most part, the nurses and security personnel were accommodating. Except for one nightmare occurrence, which was by the parking garage at midnight when I couldn't find my way around, and I didn't know the elevators were shut down, there was no signage indicating that. And the security was less than helpful in the middle of the night, but I finally made it down the hill to the main entrance to see my husband who was in the Surgical ICU.

When I tried to talk to someone about the situation with the elevators in the Presby garage late at night, I got a royal runaround. Nobody knows what the next guy is doing for the most part with the security personnel and garage operations. It's a mess, although they can often be very helpful, however I wouldn't want to wish it on anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh