Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2015, 03:46 AM

5 posts, read 5,465 times

Advertisements

hello ,

I am new to Pittsburgh and putting up in Green Tree area. I have twin daughters who are 7 and I am looking to enroll them for the following classes but I am not sure of what is really nice and accessible from a distance stand point. I am a working mother and need something either in the evenings after 6 or on weekends for the classes.

1 Swimming ( preferably indoor heated)
2 Ice Skating
3 craft
4 Piano
5 Dance

Please also can you suggest some good Summer Camps as they approach the summer break.

Thanks in advance !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2015, 04:11 PM

697 posts, read 778,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NehaRuia View Post
hello ,

I am new to Pittsburgh and putting up in Green Tree area. I have twin daughters who are 7 and I am looking to enroll them for the following classes but I am not sure of what is really nice and accessible from a distance stand point. I am a working mother and need something either in the evenings after 6 or on weekends for the classes.

2 Ice Skating
3 craft
4 Piano
5 Dance

Please also can you suggest some good Summer Camps as they approach the summer break.

Thanks in advance !
Summer camps vary-you can some by week, by 4 week block, etc. some have before care/after care, some sell out so do as soon as possible...

Virtual Summer Activities & Camp Expo 2015 - Pittsburgh, PA

For the other lessons, you probably need to try individual places. So, for ice skating lessons, find the nearest rink and check their lesson schedule. I'm not familiar with your area but there's a Bladerunners ice rink in Bethel Park and the Robert Morris Iceoplex at Neville Island, swimming could be at the nearest YMCA, ask a parent at your school about dance and piano lesson recommendations.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:49 AM

977 posts, read 567,604 times
It's only available in June, but my son attends the St Phillp Church summer camp in Crafton. They are very affordable. My son only goes part time, and last year it cost $26 per day. I think they have a weekly rate for full time campers that is a bit cheaper than 5x the daily rate. There are at least a couple of field trips where they go by bus and they require an additional fee (I think it was about $8 last year for those). In the past they have gone swimming, bowling, to local parks and playgrounds, etc. They are not allowed to sit inside and just play video games or watch TV. They are outside playing every day (or in the gym when there is bad weather). My son enjoys going and I would recommend it. If you want to check it out, I believe there's more info at the St Phillip School website www.spsangelway.org.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:04 AM

4,359 posts, read 7,530,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NehaRuia View Post
hello ,

2 Ice Skating
3 craft
4 Piano
5 Dance

Thanks in advance !
For ice skating, RMU is probably your best option. Also, Mt. Lebanon has an ice rink and they probably run lessons all summer long too. Another option is the Airport Ice Arena but that would be my last choice for you. RMU is packed all summer long.

For swimming I would google the various YMCA's and pick one that is close by and has an indoor pool. There aren't a ton so I would be open to an outdoor pool.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:07 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,595,436 times
The Carnegie Museums have very good camps for kids that age. They may be booked up by now.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:07 PM

781 posts, read 1,619,519 times
This is an awesome camp, they provide transportation.

HOME
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh