Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 02:18 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,599,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't think Cincinnati's climate is all that different from Pittsburgh's. A lot of times we get their weather 8 hours later.
Thanks -- I thought it would be similar but with milder winters, but I don't actually know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 02:46 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,894,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodjules View Post
I've worn my down coat, the one I wear in Pittsburgh winters, in July in San Francisco.
When I lived in LA, I kept a down coat in my car. I wore it lots of summer nights when I was outside, especially at the beach.

Old 05-29-2015, 04:36 PM

1,776 posts, read 2,698,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
and Crazy Mocha has a store in Bradenton.
those two pieces of **** totally deserve each other

Old 05-29-2015, 05:01 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronPGH View Post
those two pieces of **** totally deserve each other
Nothing wrong with either place and the Sunshine Skyway is way cool.

Old 05-29-2015, 05:03 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't think Cincinnati's climate is all that different from Pittsburgh's. A lot of times we get their weather 8 hours later.
I know you're from there, and probably know more than me about it, but it looks warmer, ie, hotter in summer. It doesn't look that much different in winter. Speaking of the bold, my brother tells me Pittsburgh often gets our (metro Denver) weather three days later. It's usually a day to Omaha. Just an aside.
http://www.city-data.com/city/Cincinnati-Ohio.html
http://www.city-data.com/city/Pittsb...nsylvania.html

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 05-29-2015 at 05:18 PM..

Old 05-29-2015, 08:02 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,154,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I know you're from there, and probably know more than me about it, but it looks warmer, ie, hotter in summer. It doesn't look that much different in winter. Speaking of the bold, my brother tells me Pittsburgh often gets our (metro Denver) weather three days later. It's usually a day to Omaha. Just an aside.
http://www.city-data.com/city/Cincinnati-Ohio.html
http://www.city-data.com/city/Pittsb...nsylvania.html
Cincy is def a little warmer in the summer and less snowy in the winter than us.

Old 05-30-2015, 07:43 PM

140 posts, read 256,256 times
I lived up in the 'Burgh for six years, from '03 to '09. My first "big city" experience after moving up from a small city on the Florida Gulf Coast, born and raised. A lot of the 'Burgh never really left my system.

I say that for this reason: I done bounced around the country a bit since moving away from there, and currently live down here in Nashville. And a lot of this place reminds me of Pittsburgh. It's pretty hilly here, though not near to the degree that Pittsburgh is in spots (then again I don't know of any other place in the country with as rough a terrain on the whole as Pgh). From a good many spots around town you can get some of the same types of views of downtown Nashville as you can get of downtown Pittsburgh from spots (though there's nothing rivaling the West End or Mount Washington overlooks here). Both downtowns are "fronted" by a river (well, one side of downtown Nashville, obviously two sides of Pittsburgh's), and there's a whole lot of metal production moving around here, too. The other thing that's really similar: the jacked-up roadway network. Y'all all know the deal with the Fort Pitt Bridge/Tunnel interchange coming off 376/279/Ft Duquesne Blvd, right? How the right lanes exit left, and the left lanes exit right? Well, try dealing with that on all four sides of downtown. That's Nashville for you. I must say all those years driving around up there prepared me WELL for this mess down here.

Of course, Nashville doesn't have near the legacy or cultural identity of Pittsburgh. Then again, one thing I can certifiably say after having lived in six or seven major cities in this country, and spending significant time in just about every other one, is not a single other city in this country has a cultural identity like Pittsburgh's. Not one. Not even NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh