Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2015, 09:01 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,536,827 times

Advertisements

Sadly, Cranberry is being infected by urban creep.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 09:12 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,983,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Sadly, Cranberry is being infected by urban creep.

The thing about pretty much every Primanti's location other than the Strip is that there's simply no character. If I've got to take visitors to eat a Primanti's, then I'm making sure they get the full experience - the grittiness, the surliness, the background smell of "last night"...

I've eaten at the Primanti's in Cranberry a couple of times when I worked right up the street. It's to Primanti's in the Strip what Lite beer is to beer, IMO. I bet if you tested the air for floating grease particles, you wouldn't find any. Where's the charm in that?

Old 07-29-2015, 09:22 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
The thing about pretty much every Primanti's location other than the Strip is that there's simply no character. If I've got to take visitors to eat a Primanti's, then I'm making sure they get the full experience - the grittiness, the surliness, the background smell of "last night"...

I've eaten at the Primanti's in Cranberry a couple of times when I worked right up the street. It's to Primanti's in the Strip what Lite beer is to beer, IMO. I bet if you tested the air for floating grease particles, you wouldn't find any. Where's the charm in that?
The bar is a good time. Mostly always packed inside and outside.

Last edited by erieguy; 07-29-2015 at 09:32 PM..

Old 07-30-2015, 05:58 AM

831 posts, read 878,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
Ummm... so double wides in Cranberry cost upwards of 100K? What's your point?
They're actual houses, not double wides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
Anyway, tclifton... if you are following along, the other poster suggested someone look in Lancaster or Forward Townships, so as not to be priced out of the SVSD. I asked HIM for cheap properties in those areas. I'm sure he's happy for your assist, but... your luxury trailer homes are all listings in Cranberry Township.
Yes, that's what the other link was. And why does it matter who provided the information that you asked for?? Seriously dude...lighten up.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:06 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,814,207 times
Quote:

It's sort of like comparing the Japan Pavilion in Epcot Center to the real Japan.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:20 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,898,379 times
Quote:
The thing about pretty much every Primanti's location other than the Strip is that there's simply no character.
What about the Oakland and Market Square locations?

Old 07-30-2015, 08:07 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,887,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
What about the Oakland and Market Square locations?
Regardless of how much character any given Primanti's may have, the food is still the food you get at Primanti's.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:14 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Regardless of how much character any given Primanti's may have, the food is still the food you get at Primanti's.
And a Pittsburgh tradition going nationwide.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:34 AM

1 posts, read 993 times
I live in Cranberry and can say it's a good deal because it has good parks, schools, shopping and restaurants in close proximity while the housing is much cheaper than in Adams/Pine or Allegheny County. As well as decent nightlife close in Bamboo and the Wexford places like Cabana bar or Jergels. There is seldom a reason to go to Pittsburgh.

As for traffic, people who live in Cranberry just avoid 19 and Freedom Road/228 in the mornings and evenings. Those are roads for people who live west and north and come to shop here, or Allegheny/Westmoreland county people who drive up here for work. There are other ways to get around Cranberry, such as Rochester road, franklin road.

Old 08-03-2015, 05:32 PM

419 posts, read 445,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Although the suburban ones have pizza and several other menu items that they do not have in the city locales. The pizza is pretty good BTW. I am not a fan of their famous sandwich. I will say that they were innovators. Anyone that watches the Food Network when it highlights eateries and food trucks across the nation knows that anything and everything on a sandwich is fair game. Primanti's has been doing it for eighty years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh