Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 01:11 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,894,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinare View Post
I give you BB's Michael Vick, "dog trainer":

So, I guess by that standard, Ted Bundy was just a bad date, huh BB?

Now where's you outline of how vicious the Animal Trophy Killers acts were. That was my comparison, NOT Ted Bundy. I see you conveniently left that out.... Come on, where's you outrage there, be consistent!

Old 08-26-2015, 01:13 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,881,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Again why can't these women be Gold Diggers too?
Because there's no gold to be dug at this point?

Old 08-26-2015, 01:15 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
They already got the gold?

Old 08-26-2015, 01:17 PM

419 posts, read 446,074 times
This has been a very poor thread from the OP. If it was meant to be "What do you think of the Steelers signing Michael Vick?" That would have been a better, albeit still controversial topic. To come right out and call Pittsburgh "backwards" etc. when the OP very well knew there would be controversy when the news spread of the signing just like there would be in any other city over a controversial topic such as dog fighting is not very smart. It is like "Hmm, The Steelers signed Michael Vick. I wonder what those racist a** Pittsburghers feel about that?" "Aha, I just knew it." This is prime example of having a certain opinion and deliberately looking for specific criteria to back it up. I could do a Google search "Pittsburgh Sucks" and find page after page of people that don't like it here. "AHa, You see it's true, I just knew it!"

Old 08-26-2015, 01:17 PM

1,519 posts, read 2,675,088 times
Quote:
Now where's you outline of how vicious the Animal Trophy Killers acts were. I see you conveniently left that out.... Come on, where's you outrage there, be consistent!
OMDFG -- YES I AM OUTRAGED ABOUT THE TROPHY KILLERS TOO. THEY ARE SOCIOPATHS EQUAL TO MICHAEL VICK. CECIL WAS LURED --- LURED --- OUT OF A NATIONAL PARK, SHOT WITH AN ARROW AND TRACKED FOR 48 HOURS BEFORE HE WAS FINALLY KILLED BY A SOCIOPATHIC DENTIST (WHO HAS NOT COME OUT OF HIDING YET, BTW) AND THEN BEHEADED.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE BOTH DOCTORS AS GUESTS OF THE ZIMBABWEAN GOVERNMENT IN ONE OF THEIR FINE JAILS. BUT THAT'S NOT UP TO ME.

Are you happy now? Is Michael Vick still your hero??????????????????

Last edited by Tinare; 08-26-2015 at 01:35 PM..

Old 08-26-2015, 01:19 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,215 times
Quote:
I never brought up Race...
But, you sure seem to be running with it!

Quote:
So to the Animal Right Activist (no race involved), because the Trophy Killers are just some "little dentist or doctor that hardly anyone know" subjects them to far less scrutiny than Michael Vick, because he's a professional athlete. This proves my point of Selective Outrage.
No. It doesn't. People were very outraged over the dentist. If I understand correctly, he has lost his practice and been forced to close his office. As horrible as trophy hunting is, I believe that dog fighting and torture is even worse. But, that isn't the difference. The difference is that while the hunting dentist lost his likely profitable profession, Vick is rewarded with extremely profitable work after only a short time in the slammer.

Quote:
The Animal Trophy Killers scandals were much more recent than Vicks, yet they're pretty much forgotten about by now...
Yeah, well, the hunter broke no laws, and is now unable to work in his profession and make a comfortable living. Vick, in contrast, broke several laws and after doing a short time, is now out making big dollars practicing his profession.

That's the difference, which I think is obvious.

Quote:
...if you want to be honest ...
Stop. People seeing things differently from you does not equal people lying.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Because there's no gold to be dug at this point?
Sure there is, Cosby still has plenty of resources. What you think he's broke or something. Now the supposed Victims aren't doing that well financially. Hell I dont know any of those women outside of the model and even her name I forgot, and Janice Dickinson.

The case absolutely could be made these women are seeking financial gain. Most couldve been already receiving income via Cosby which recently ran out. Therefore you have the situation we have now.

Again 50 women, and NOT 1 uttered a word in 30 years, 50. How does someone have that much sway. Where not getting the whole story here.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:25 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Sure there is, Cosby still has plenty of resources. What you think he's broke or something. Now the supposed Victims aren't doing that well financially. Hell I dont know any of those women outside of the model and even her name I forgot, and Janice Dickinson.

The case absolutely could be made these women are seeking financial gain. Most couldve been already receiving income via Cosby which recently ran out. Therefore you have the situation we have now.

Again 50 women, and NOT 1 uttered a word in 30 years, 50. How does someone have that much sway. Where not getting the whole story here.
Maybe he quit paying them off so they talked. Could be lots of reasons. Until you know you don't know...but 50 women aren't all coming forward with the same stories that are untrue.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
But, you sure seem to be running with it!
Im not running with anything, Im am letting you guys hang yourselves tho!

Quote:
No. It doesn't. People were very outraged over the dentist. If I understand correctly, he has lost his practice and been forced to close his office. As horrible as trophy hunting is, I believe that dog fighting and torture is even worse. But, that isn't the difference. The difference is that while the hunting dentist lost his likely profitable profession, Vick is rewarded with extremely profitable work after only a short time in the slammer.
First I was going by gg's logic of why the inconsistencies in outrage

Second, the Dentist maybe because it was a National Story and there was national outrage. However the Murryville Doctor was a localized story and given 15 sec worth of press. Almost not socialized outrage, most of the Outrage came from people tired of hearing about Animal Rights with all the Cecil the Lion coverage.

3rd what the different to supposed ARA whether its a Dog or Lion or a Giraffe are'nt all Animals equal therefore any killings for sport should have equal the outrage?

Quote:
Yeah, well, the hunter broke no laws, and is now unable to work in his profession and make a comfortable living. Vick, in contrast, broke several laws and after doing a short time, is now out making big dollars practicing his profession.
They absolutely broke laws, not US Law, but laws were broken. Vick paid his time, he was proven guilty, paid fines and was suspended from the league without any financial gain during this time. And will forever have his name dragged through the mud.

Quote:
Stop. People seeing things differently from you does not equal people lying.
So now Im accusing people of lying? I'm point out the inconsistencies in you guys Outrage that you are poorly trying to mask. Sorry if not buy the BS youre trying to sell me.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:39 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,215 times
Quote:
So if the 2 women accusing Rothlisberger are marginalized to being nothing more than Lying Gold Diggers look to take advantage of a drunkin pickup... Bill Cosby accusers can't have the same cloud of doubt placed over them because........? I'll wait for you to finish this statement.
You think you're being very clever. But, you're missing so much.

Quote:
Of course 50 accusers is more believable than 2 accusers. Does this really need to be explained to you? The situations were completely different, as well. You don't understand this?

Again I never said anything about race, Im just pointing out the inconsistencies in your folks outrage and calling you on it.
I'm not seeing the inconsistencies?

Quote:
So far we have:

Vick = Vicious Dog trainer who doesn't deserve to ever have his profession career back will never have paid enough to society.

Animal Trophy Killer = We leave them alone because theyre not Professional Athetes in the Media all the time. They're just dentist and doctors with families.
Someone else already explained this above. But, again, for your edification: Nobody in Pittsburgh cared about Vick recently until the Steelers signed him. You don't think people would be unhappy if the Steelers signed that dentist to care for the players' teeth?

Quote:
Rothlisberger = Star Quarter Back, accused of Raping 2 girls one night in a bar. Who both came forward soon after the alledge inccident happened. But we give him the benefit of the doubt because he probably vicitim to Drunk Gold Diggers looking to take advantage of a celeb.
Well, yes. In the US system of justice, a defendant is innocent until proved guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Two drunk women in a bar restroom with no evidence supporting their claim does not overcome the burden of proving guilt. How does anyone living in the US not understand this?

Quote:
Cosby = Star TV personality. accused of Raping 50 women all of who decided no to utter a mere peeep until 30 years later. But he guilty because it was 50 women making the same allegations
1. I believe that some of these women did make claims and the settlement/s are/were supposed to be confidential. Thus, many did not wait until now to press a claim.

2. I don't think anyone is saying that Ben or Cosby is definitely innocent or definitely guilty. We don't know. But, Ben has denied the accusations and there is no proof against him while Cosby has settled with some women and has stated that he did have some relationship with some of the women.

The difference is clear in these cases.

How can you be so selectively blind?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh