Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 07:04 AM

32,606 posts, read 77,268,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Or Greg Lloyd, for that matter. He threatened his son by sticking the barrel of a loaded gun in his mouth, and the only reason he didn't do time was multiple hung juries. Despite that, he's adored by many of the same people who condemn Michael Vick and/or Ben Roethlisberger.
I don't adore Ben Roethlisberger. I also don't adore Greg Lloyd. Preying upon women, children, OR animals is reprehensible. It seems the NFL has a fetish for paying millions to some pretty terrible people while the NHL recruits class acts like Sidney Crosby.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:09 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,944,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I can forgive someone for infidelity. I can forgive someone for misogyny. I can forgive someone for homophobia. I can forgive someone for racism. I can forgive someone for smoking. I can forgive someone for drinking. I can forgive someone for a lot of things if they seek redemption.
So let me get this straight, you just put smoking and drinking as an equivalent with racism and homophobia.

OK then.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:17 AM

2,369 posts, read 2,894,543 times

vick was 50/50 when signed but that changed quickly.

as for riley cooper I can say no one wants him on the team even before him dropping the N word. we are still puzzled at the extension.

to those who left comments to me without putting a name behind it: thanks for proving my point.

im a dog owner of two and I hated vick (I liked him from Va tech days) and I was pissed at what he did in pretty much rural VA.

but unlike other atheletes who did crimes, he has gone far and beyond to amend for his errors. Ray rice straight up knocks the F out of his fiancé and people get uppity for a bit. I bet no one would bat an eye if he signed with Pittsburgh though.

a WR driving in Miami drunk hit and killed a human, yet he gets nothing. stallworth served less time killing a PERSON than vick did for dog fighting. Harrision assaults females and its ok. Greg Hardy assaults people and its "whatever". Mcdonald former 49ers, beats up women and its ok at first, then a 2nd time hits and hes canned. Whats my point? it seems people forgive all these athletes for their crimes yet Michael vick can never, ever get forgiveness. Yet at the same time he does go around talking against dog fighting.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:33 AM

41,018 posts, read 17,999,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I don't adore Ben Roethlisberger. I also don't adore Greg Lloyd. Preying upon women, children, OR animals is reprehensible. It seems the NFL has a fetish for paying millions to some pretty terrible people while the NHL recruits class acts like Sidney Crosby.
Don't forget about the Patrick Kane investigation going on right now.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:39 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,840,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
So let me get this straight, you just put smoking and drinking as an equivalent with racism and homophobia.

OK then.
I think he was listing things he can forgive not ranking the level to which he disagrees with the activities

Old 08-26-2015, 07:47 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,774,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
but unlike other atheletes who did crimes, he has gone far and beyond to amend for his errors. Ray rice straight up knocks the F out of his fiancé and people get uppity for a bit. I bet no one would bat an eye if he signed with Pittsburgh though.
Here is a good example of the difference in hosting dog fights to a man striking a woman, like that loser Rice did. The woman he struck could sue, leave him with a pile of cash or whatever. She has rights and could crush him with ease with that video in hand. She could press charges and send him to jail for certain. What can the bloody or dead dogs do? NOTHING. They are in the care of an owner and have no rights. It is up to people to protect them and show others that harming them is wrong. The dogs can't do anything for themselves when sitting in some cage in Vick's backyard waiting for another fight. They just sit and wait. Rice's girl could do countless things with her powers. I am not sure how that ended to be honest.

Anyway, your post is a joke. UK proved you to be dead wrong.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:48 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,774,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
I think he was listing things he can forgive not ranking the level to which he disagrees with the activities
That is how I read it. He wasn't listing them as equal offenses, just examples. Nothing wrong with that post by SCR.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:53 AM

1,106 posts, read 1,155,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Here is a good example of the difference in hosting dog fights to a man striking a woman, like that loser Rice did. The woman he struck could sue, leave him with a pile of cash or whatever. She has rights and could crush him with ease with that video in hand. She could press charges and send him to jail for certain. What can the bloody or dead dogs do? NOTHING. They are in the care of an owner and have no rights. It is up to people to protect them and show others that harming them is wrong. The dogs can't do anything for themselves when sitting in some cage in Vick's backyard waiting for another fight. They just sit and wait. Rice's girl could do countless things with her powers. I am not sure how that ended to be honest.

Anyway, your post is a joke. UK proved you to be dead wrong.
This is the best post you have ever made, IMHO. Animals are completely vulnerable and will NEVER have a voice.
And he deliberately, cruelly tortured those animals. He is truly sick.

As has been demonstrated, Philly wasn't happy to have him either.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:54 AM

32,606 posts, read 77,268,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
That is how I read it. He wasn't listing them as equal offenses, just examples. Nothing wrong with that post by SCR.
^ This and this. Thank you both. I'm feeling very tired this morning and am not doing a great job of explaining my position!

Old 08-26-2015, 07:58 AM

1,519 posts, read 2,661,692 times
My problem with Michael Vick is that he tortured and killed living creatures. Tortured and killed. Electrocuted, drowned and beat to death the dogs that lost. That's what we are talking about. To people who throw around a "you care more about dogs than people"* outrage -- if he did what he did to people and not dogs, he would have either been executed, on death row or have life in prison, so this would not be a conversation at all.

You don't torture and kill living things for sport and recover from that. That is who you are. Deep, deep down. You have to be a sociopath to do it. No image/PR rehabilitation tour is going to change your sociopathic soul. Period. He's in the same company as child molesters and serial killers (most of whom started by killing animals, just saying...) They are who they are. It's ingrained.

*Yes, sometimes I do. Have you met people? Some of them are truly awful.

Last edited by Tinare; 08-26-2015 at 08:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh