Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 04:42 AM

912 posts, read 1,731,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Maybe a Planet Hollywood could take its place? What about an ESPN Zone like they have in Baltimore's Inner Harbor? The latter actually makes a lot of sense given the location between the stadiums.
The only ESPN Zone left is at Dineyland. The rest closed in 2010.

PromoWest should open up a small venue there to compliment Stage AE. Similar to how the Basement/A&R Music Bar compliment the LC Pavilion in Columbus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 09:31 AM

1,139 posts, read 2,495,701 times
Places searching Pittsburgh/Western PA to establish locations that would probably fit:

Dick's Last Resort: Dick's Last Resort

Rusty Bucket My Rusty Bucket

Granite City Food & Brewery: Granite City Food & Brewery

Bar 145: http://www.bar145kent.com/home

Melt Bar & Grilled: Melt Bar and Grilled |

Pies & Pints: Pies & Pints Pizzeria

Old 09-26-2015, 10:20 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
OMG! I had no idea Melt was considering Pittsburgh! We visit Cleveland once per year specifically to eat dinner at Melt!

Old 09-26-2015, 10:53 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
I would hope Melt would pick someplace less bro-ish than the North Shore. I'd hate to see it turn into some McFadden's/Tilted Kilt clone.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I would hope Melt would pick someplace less bro-ish than the North Shore. I'd hate to see it turn into some McFadden's/Tilted Kilt clone.
I really wish the Iron City Brewery site straddling Lawrenceville, the Strip, and Polish Hill would be redeveloped. Melt would fit in perfectly in a re-purposed space there.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:23 AM

1,139 posts, read 2,495,701 times
Quote:
OMG! I had no idea Melt was considering Pittsburgh! We visit Cleveland once per year specifically to eat dinner at Melt!
No major announcement was made or anything, but evidence can be found:

http://www.crainscleveland.com/artic...his-recipe-for

and ECHO Retail represents them in their search: Client List | ECHO Retail

Old 09-28-2015, 11:42 AM

994 posts, read 900,605 times
I'm sure the Rooney's will push for another Country themed place if this one falls through.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:09 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,811,894 times
Quote:
I really wish the Iron City Brewery site straddling Lawrenceville, the Strip, and Polish Hill would be redeveloped. Melt would fit in perfectly in a re-purposed space there.
didn't that just get purchased by Core (Macy's downtown)?

Old 09-29-2015, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
didn't that just get purchased by Core (Macy's downtown)?
Good question! I'm not sure. There was a developer there knocking buildings down illegally for a while until the civic groups in Lawrenceville and Polish Hill lashed out due to the lack of historic preservation foresight from that developer. Hopefully if this is true then CORE can restore the existing brick buildings on the site into a mixed-use area with some apartments, retail, and restaurants.

Melt? Yes, please! Starbucks, too, and I don't care if it's not locally-sourced/locally-roasted/farm-to-table/non-hormone-injected/transfat-free/fair-trade/gluten-free/organic/vegan/artisinal. I have yet to find a local coffeeshop that can do something like the frappuccino.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:53 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,811,894 times
Quote:
Good question! I'm not sure. There was a developer there knocking buildings down illegally for a while until the civic groups in Lawrenceville and Polish Hill lashed out due to the lack of historic preservation foresight from that developer. Hopefully if this is true then CORE can restore the existing brick buildings on the site into a mixed-use area with some apartments, retail, and restaurants.

Melt? Yes, please! Starbucks, too, and I don't care if it's not locally-sourced/locally-roasted/farm-to-table/non-hormone-injected/transfat-free/fair-trade/gluten-free/organic/vegan/artisinal. I have yet to find a local coffeeshop that can do something like the frappuccino.
looks like it's not official as of now
http://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburg...-historic.html
Core restored a bunch of much less interesting buildings on Canal St in Philadelphia so I'd say they would likely be restoring them in some fashion. they're really new in world of big developers, he basically bought up huge chunks of fishtown when it was an old river ward in decline. It would be like someone who bought up large chunks of lawrenceville when vacant lots were a few thousand bucks, it's basically propelled them into larger projects. so far no complaints though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh