Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 07:57 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,323,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanoid View Post
Pittsburgh summers are horrible, I'd almost take Vegas heat over the humid hell that is Pittsburgh in the summer.
You might want to rethink that one. I've lived in Phoenix, AZ for years now and our summers here are MUCH hotter than Pittsburgh's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2008, 07:58 PM

Smile What the...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guylocke View Post
Really?? I mean, it can be humid, but truthfully, it's sort of like winter in my opinion. Pittsburgh has this rep for having these horrible winters when truthfully we MAY get a serious snowstorm two or three times out of the whole winter. Likewise, I think we only get HORRIBLE humidity a few times during the summer, too. A few days here or there that are unbearable. Otherwise, I find it rather comfortable.
Are you my twin??? *smile*

Old 02-09-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugatu View Post
Are you for real? Sure Pittsburgh has some hot, humid days in the 90's. But it doesn't last for more than a few days at a time. Most of the summer is in the 80's, and the occasional cool front comes through giving us a beautiful stretch of days in the 70's and nights in the 50's.

I swear Pittsburghers want to convince everyone that this is the worst place on earth, I just don't get it. This is a quite mild climate. Even the winters aren't that bad.
I agree with this too.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:01 PM

3,306 posts, read 4,155,506 times
Quote:
See I don't agree with this
The data is there to look at, Pittsburgh is humid in the summer. Not just here and there, but the majority of the summer. Is it the most humid place in the union? No...but to claim it is not humid the majority of the summer is factually inaccurate.

Quote:
Most of the summer is in the 80's
Right, and with humanity in the 80-90 range. That isn't comfortable, is it so bad you can't go outdoors? No. But if you want to do something like ride your bike to work you get pretty wet by the time you get there. If you don't do anything outdoors it will not matter as much.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guylocke View Post
See I would believe this that we are on the upper averages in terms of humidity, but maybe it's just me, but I've only experienced several times during the summer where it is UNBEARABLY hot.

I spent this past summer in Florida, I wanted to cry on a most regular basis.
I tried to give you props for this, "cry on a most regular basis," but I have to "spread the love first." You're just hysterical at times!

Old 02-09-2008, 08:05 PM

Quote:
I've lived in Phoenix, AZ for years now and our summers here are MUCH hotter than Pittsburgh's
Huh? I never said that the summers are hotter in Pittsburgh, rather the humidity makes it rather uncomfortable. I would much prefer 90-110 degree whether with low humidity than 80-90 with high humidity. I would probably prefer Vegas summer heat if it wasn't for the fact that it starts to effect my breathing (The air is too dry).

Old 02-09-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Huh? I never said that the summers are hotter in Pittsburgh, rather the humidity makes it rather uncomfortable. I would much prefer 90-110 degree whether with low humidity than 80-90 with high humidity. I would probably prefer Vegas summer heat if it wasn't for the fact that it starts to effect my breathing (The air is too dry).
Trust me, you don't want the high heat and sun that we have.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Trust me, you don't want the high heat and sun that we have.
Huh? Why would I trust you? Are you suggesting I'm some how wrong about my own personal preferences? I've lived in areas that get 110 with dry heat before and I say it again, I prefer that over Pittsburgh's summers.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugatu View Post
Interesting that the chart shows NYC having much lower than average morning humidity all year. I wonder why that is?
Maybe RockLobster could tell us? He is a weather person.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Huh? Why would I trust you? Are you suggesting I'm some how wrong about my own personal preferences? I've lived in areas that get 110 with dry heat before and I say it again, I prefer that over Pittsburgh's summers.
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh