Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: On 04/26/2016, My Vote in the Democratic Presidential Primary for PA Will Be For...
Sec. Hillary Rodham Clinton (NY) 29 32.95%
Sen. Bernard "Bernie" Sanders (VT) 52 59.09%
I Plan to Vote for a Write-In Candidate 7 7.95%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 05:37 PM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Amazing some tout going from -750,000 jobs a month to over 200,000 jobs a month as same ol'
We finally had an adult in the WH in Obama compared to W and the other kids who went wild like kids in a candy store, except the consequences were much higher.

However, I don't expect people who get their "news" from AM radio shock jocks and cable news to "think" any differently...
Bingo!

Old 05-18-2016, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
What were the average hourly wages on the jobs lost pre-recession vs. the jobs created post-recession? It seems to me that despite there being "tons of jobs" these days the percentage of those openings that pay a respectable wage have declined considerably since the mid-2000's. Very few people I know feel much better off today than they did in the mid-2000's because their real wage growth, if any at all, has been sluggish. We may have fully recovered from the recession in regards to "number of jobs", but are the proportions of "good-paying jobs" vs. "low-wage jobs" the same or different? I'm inclined to think the latter. I don't think it's anything worth celebrating if manufacturing jobs paying $20/hr. are being replaced by call center jobs paying $11/hr.

If the economy was "fixed", then why are so many people I know forced to work for Uber, Lyft, Postmates, etc. to supplement their paltry PRIMARY sources of income?
How old were you in the mid-2000's again? 15? I don't think you'd be qualified to make an objective firsthand comparison of the job market between then and now.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:05 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,095,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
^Making a lot of sense, and cutting through the BS.

I think it's entertaining watching otherwise-conservatives pimp for Sanders because of how much they hate/fear HRC. The general election should be a lot of fun.
I've been very outspoken about the fact that I'm neither a Republican, or a Democrat, and have been very much, Never Bush, Never Clinton from the beginning.

I don't think anyone could say I'm "pimping" Bernie. I do however feel he is a much more honest, trustworthy, and just plain a much better human being compared Hillary.

With that said, I have yet to see a single poll that shows Hillary doing better against Trump compared to Bernie. In fact, polls are starting to show that Trump has already close the gap with Hillary.

The truth is that the emails scandal hasn't really broken yet. She is either going to be indicted, or there will be yet another scandal with the DOJ refusing to take action, like Fast and Furious, and the IRS scandal. No matter what, Hillary's email/server scandal isn't going away, and in fact is only going to get worse.

If that isn't enough to give pause to Democrats that are thinking about supporting Hillary, just think about this. What if the reports are indeed true that the FBI has opened a public corruption investigation of Hillary's pay for play while SoS. This scandal would dwarf the email/server scandal, and could become the biggest scandal in US history.

If you think this is just another right wing conspiracy, look for the book, or watch the new documentary coming out called, Clinton Cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Amazing some tout going from -750,000 jobs a month to over 200,000 jobs a month as same ol'
We finally had an adult in the WH in Obama compared to W and the other kids who went wild like kids in a candy store, except the consequences were much higher.

However, I don't expect people who get their "news" from AM radio shock jocks and cable news to "think" any differently...
The truth is that Bill Clinton had more to do with the great recession than did GW.

It was the policies under Clinton that caused the great recession (policies that Hillary supported). Now to be fair, it was both the Republicans, and the Democrats that are equally to blame for the great recession. Congress passed the bills, Clinton signed them.

I heard a good line today. With the Republicans, and the Democrats, one party is stupid, and the other is evil, you decide which one is which. When you have bipartisan support for something, it's both stupid, and evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
What were the average hourly wages on the jobs lost pre-recession vs. the jobs created post-recession? It seems to me that despite there being "tons of jobs" these days the percentage of those openings that pay a respectable wage have declined considerably since the mid-2000's. Very few people I know feel much better off today than they did in the mid-2000's because their real wage growth, if any at all, has been sluggish. We may have fully recovered from the recession in regards to "number of jobs", but are the proportions of "good-paying jobs" vs. "low-wage jobs" the same or different? I'm inclined to think the latter. I don't think it's anything worth celebrating if manufacturing jobs paying $20/hr. are being replaced by call center jobs paying $11/hr.

If the economy was "fixed", then why are so many people I know forced to work for Uber, Lyft, Postmates, etc. to supplement their paltry PRIMARY sources of income?
I agree.

I haven't seen the numbers recently, but last I saw them... since the recession, median wages are down, median income is down, median net worth is down, and there are record numbers of people receiving food stamps, and other government benefits. Unless you are wealthy, the economy is worse than it was pre-recession.

and...

No matter who wins the election, recession is coming, and will likely be here this fall.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:19 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
The writing could be plain as day and Dem's will vote and defend a criminal Dem no matter who does what. Same ol same ol if you will.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:29 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,592,707 times
I am middle aged. If I don't carefully stretch before starting moving in the morning, I'll pull a muscle going down the stairs. And quite literally my entire adult life has been characterized by somebody warning me that the real truth about Bill or Hillary Clinton was about to be revealed and would be shocking. Homeopaths have a better track record.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
I am middle aged. If I don't carefully stretch before starting moving in the morning, I'll pull a muscle going down the stairs. And quite literally my entire adult life has been characterized by somebody warning me that the real truth about Bill or Hillary Clinton was about to be revealed and would be shocking. Homeopaths have a better track record.
It certainly wouldn't matter how bad the crime, Dem's would still vote for her.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
It certainly wouldn't matter how bad the crime, Dem's would still vote for her.
Meanwhile, I'm sure you've just recently taken down your signed snapshots of Denny Hastert.

Don't pretend like HRC is worse than many you've voted for and fully supported in the past.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
Meanwhile, I'm sure you've just recently taken down your signed snapshots of Denny Hastert.

Don't pretend like HRC is worse than many you've voted for and fully supported in the past.
Ahhh, the strawman comparison. The more realistic comparison would be Terry Bean, however.

I expect she's as bad as it gets, and that could be proven, but Dem's will still vote for her.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:02 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
Does anyone envision the Berners standing down at the convention while Hillary is crowned? Philadelphia is going to be highly entertaining for a few days.

If Hillary is still unindicted by then that is.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Ahhh, the strawman comparison.
Hmm. Did you just learn about this recently?

You do know that there's no extra credit for indiscriminately repeating this term every time you are in want of an appropriate counterargument?

What crimes has Hillary Clinton been convicted of in an actual criminal court? Or are you just engaging in garden variety slander?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh