Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2016, 07:00 AM

436 posts, read 342,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pughnose View Post
This, from previous page of this thread, I think:
Thanks. Anxious to see what Uptown Kid has to say about last night's shooting in Homewood
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 09:21 AM

1,901 posts, read 4,377,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8YearsinPittsburgh View Post
Thanks. Anxious to see what Uptown Kid has to say about last night's shooting in Homewood
I'm not that involved in these killings to know if the two are related. I have my information from a different pipeline/data base. My inclination about Wilkinsburg vs Homewood is simply based off of past violent interactions between those two neighborhoods that have happened in my life time (and in the years slightly before my birth). But to my knowledge Wheeler Street-Homewood North Projects @ Molher St (gang area in Homewood North where the homicide occurred) hasn't had too many problems with Franklin-Sperling-Princeton Park since the 90's or 2000's (but I could infact be wrong). That's for the police to try to find out, not for us not to know/for me not to tell until the police made an arrest or announced a suspect/news published an article or made a report (as otherwise it wouldn't be in my best interest tbh).
What I disclose in my post on the forum and in those maps is simply universally known stuff from one often underrepresented part of Pittsburgh/Allegheny County.

What I have no problem conveying is a universally known truth. From East Liberty Gardens to Wilkinsburg's Sperling/Princeton Park/Laketon neighborhoods is gangland, there are a bunch of gang-affileted drug dealing gangsters with guns. Guns from shotguns, semi-automatic pistols and revolvers to S.Ks, AK-47s, AR-15s, Mac 14s type assault rifles... Garfield still has a big gang. Larimer's got a big gang that's there & in still in parts of East Liberty. "Lower Lincoln" (Lincoln-Lemington-Belmar) has a big gang. "Upper Lincoln" (Lincoln-Lemington-Belmar) has a big gang. Homewood West has a infamous gang. Homewood South has a big gang, broken into smaller loosely-organized cliques. Homewood North/Brushton Hilltop has several violent big gangs. East Hills has a big loosely-organized gang with a stronghold in the "projects" (Phase II East Hills Apartments/Maple-Ridge Apts @ 1800 Park Hill St). Wilkinsburg north of Penn Ave also has several violent big gangs, further split into smaller cliques as well. Wilkinsburg south of Penn Ave has a big gang as well. Gentrifying Wilkinsburg (west of the busway/Hamnet) has a gang lingering in the shadows, on their way out but still there.

It's no longer the color era of the 90's-mid 2000's. Youth from certain parts of Wilkinsburg (G'z), Homewood (C's), East Hills/the Hill District (B's) now (at the moment at least) all get along, whereas at one point they were all rivals. Not to mention most of the gangs in that area don't get along with the ones in other parts of the City/Woodland Hills area (Mon Valley). Plus their are individual's drug feuds with gang members & drug traffickers/distributors. There's also inter-personal feuds between men over all sorts of trival or petty or mere principle issues that end with violence. This might have nothing to do with neighborhood gangs in the Upper East End-Wilkinsburg... But it was just a logical explanation. A blue bandana ultimately means a life of crime where this stuff can happen and less often but unfortunately still happens to good people in the mix due to family tithes.

Everyone involved from the teachers to the parole officers from the medical examiner, etc know about the long standing feuds between neighborhood young men such as the following: Parts of Homewood vs eachother. Parts of Homewood vs parts of Lincoln. Crawford Village vs Harrison Village/7th Ward. Northview-Brighton Place-Morrison St area-Allegheny Dwellings-Allegheny Commons East-North Charles St area vs Manchester-Perry Hilltop. Beltzhoover vs relocated St. Clair Village/3200 Arlington Heights. Wilkinsburg vs. Braddock/parts of North Braddock. Or the newest relocated Addison Terrace vs relocated Allequippa Terrace/Bedford Dwellings- that's polarizing and some how connected all of the feuds together. Soon Urban Pittsburgh may be divided into 2-3 sides if things get out of hand...

Last edited by Uptown kid; 03-15-2016 at 09:59 AM..

Old 03-15-2016, 12:05 PM

1,901 posts, read 4,377,333 times
In other words, the shooting in Homewood North could be as disconnected as the shots fired in Southwest Brighton Heights, shootings in Allegheny Dwellings or the homicide in Mon-View Heights... Violence is damn-near a daily occurrence in the hoods of Allegheny County... Still better than Cooks County, LA County or Kings County.. But I'd like to compare counties of similar size.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:29 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Well, will there be retaliation? How could there not be? What kind of rage is out there after this kind of shooting? Still now arrests have been made and the murder in Homewood, not arrests either.

City Police Worried About Possible Retaliation In Wilkinsburg Case « CBS Pittsburgh

Old 03-16-2016, 09:25 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Well, will there be retaliation? How could there not be? What kind of rage is out there after this kind of shooting? Still now arrests have been made and the murder in Homewood, not arrests either.

City Police Worried About Possible Retaliation In Wilkinsburg Case « CBS Pittsburgh
The FBI is involved. You're not going to hear barely anything until it happens.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:58 PM

436 posts, read 342,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
The FBI is involved. You're not going to hear barely anything until it happens.

DA Zapalla states they are cautiously optimistic they now know who did it and what the motive is.

Old 03-18-2016, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8YearsinPittsburgh View Post
DA Zapalla states they are cautiously optimistic they now know who did it and what the motive is.
Great news.

My only fear of them not being caught is that someone took/takes them out before they could/can be found.

Old 03-18-2016, 06:12 PM

DA:

Old 03-25-2016, 07:34 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Well they are questioning someone, but who knows what that means? They can question anyone. Anyway, I guess they picked him up on a parol violation. Could be nothing.

Man Being Questioned In Connection With Wilkinsburg Mass Shooting « CBS Pittsburgh

Old 03-25-2016, 09:12 AM

697 posts, read 777,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Well they are questioning someone, but who knows what that means? They can question anyone. Anyway, I guess they picked him up on a parol violation. Could be nothing.

Man Being Questioned In Connection With Wilkinsburg Mass Shooting « CBS Pittsburgh
The arrested man's name is Cheron Shelton. Last name of two victims is also Shelton. Could be a coincidence but I wonder if they are related.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh