Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 05:05 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,798,022 times

Advertisements

It isn't the worst place ever. I have lived in Ireland, Canada, spent 25 years in New York and have been here in Pittsburgh for almost 4 years. I will agree ; the full-time work opportunities are very hard to come by. I had no problem getting with, but my husband has had such a hard time, that he moves back to New York soon. its not the ideal situation, but its one that he must take so that we can try to get ahead again. He has worked 18 months of the almost 4 years. If he wanted to do truck driving over the road, he would have no problem, however he doesn't want to do that. So he will share a house, and we will make it work.

When the kids are done in school, I will probably move back unless my husband is lucky enough to get a job.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:12 AM

6,601 posts, read 8,973,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Eh. To be quite frank while I love this place I wouldn't say people here are as nice as the hype conveys. You should see the way people here tip.
I might have agreed with you if I hadn't just taken a trip to DC this month. In fact I wound up staying in Reston actually. Usually when I go out of town I'll fantasize about where I would live or work if I moved there...DC was the first metro that had pretty much zero appeal to me, and the attitudes of the people I dealt with played no small part in that.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:44 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,553,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Weekly average consumer satisfaction ratings that fluctuate between 4.90 and 4.99 out of a maximum of 5.00. Try again. People in this city just aren't very nice.
I've often said that I think the hype of Pittsburgh'ers being so friendly is out-dated. I don't agree that our population is all smiles and daisies. I found Buffalo, NY to have a lot of friendly folks. From my experiences in Wisconsin, their "nice" far beats our "nice." And down south, their slow place combined with their love of chatting really blows our "nice" out of the water. So yeah, next to maybe LA, Chicago, and NYC, we're "nice" but I don't really think we live in some polite utopia, that's for sure.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:51 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,162 times
Ya'll should know better by now
Also Copa, you lose, it's only page 1 (if you have the forum set to 40 posts/page as I do). What do I win ? Other than the chance to ban a troll and close a thread that is
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh