Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 06:05 PM

2,218 posts, read 1,944,600 times

Advertisements

If you were going out to Lawrenceville tonight, you might want to make other plans. There is a standoff between a SWAT Team and two perps who got cornered in a home invasion (two others already apprehended).

SWAT situation unfolding in Pittsburgh's Lawrenceville... | www.wpxi.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 06:23 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,194,328 times
It's better when they get taken out by the homeowner/s, the police don't get blamed for doing their job, and the criminals aren't able to escape or are able to invade another home when they get out of jail.

Last edited by erieguy; 03-19-2016 at 06:32 PM..

Old 03-19-2016, 06:24 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,586,970 times
My partner and I just went for a walk up Liberty Avenue for exercise and saw an unmarked police car go flying past us with its lights on near Cheerleader's. I guess this is where they were headed.

Old 03-20-2016, 02:03 AM

121 posts, read 110,895 times
Must have been some really cool sneakers.

Perhaps the ones that light up when ya walk??!?

Old 03-20-2016, 05:56 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,956,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
It's better when they get taken out by the homeowner/s, the police don't get blamed for doing their job, and the criminals aren't able to escape or are able to invade another home when they get out of jail.
To be clear, you're advocating killing sneaker thieves? You sound like a great guy.

Old 03-20-2016, 06:13 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,255,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
To be clear, you're advocating killing sneaker thieves? You sound like a great guy.

People involved in violent crimes like Home Invasion should really get their affairs in order before they embark on their activities. I'm sorry for their families, and if they can all surrender immediately without incidence, it would be for the best. But for those that get killed, this is the business they've chosen. Invade someone's castle, there is a good chance you'll end up taken out in a body bag- or end up killing someone yourself and get sent to death row.

Even if the motivation is just stealing sneakers, going into someone's home is a bit extreme considering the fact they could have chose to gone to Walmart to steal shoes as no Walmart associate is going to shoot someone for this under any circumstance.

Old 03-20-2016, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
People involved in violent crimes like Home Invasion should really get their affairs in order before they embark on their activities. I'm sorry for their families, and if they can all surrender immediately without incidence, it would be for the best. But for those that get killed, this is the business they've chosen. Invade someone's castle, there is a good chance you'll end up taken out in a body bag- or end up killing someone yourself and get sent to death row.

Even if the motivation is just stealing sneakers, going into someone's home is a bit extreme considering the fact they could have chose to gone to Walmart to steal shoes as no Walmart associate is going to shoot someone for this under any circumstance.
That is a different perspective than actually advocating their killing, which is exactly what Erieguy was doing. He went so far as to say that it was preferable to their arrest.

Old 03-20-2016, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post

^ I may not agree with I_Like_Spam's typical assertions that one should take "the missus" to Subway for some fine five-star dining for a shot in the sack; however, he does have a point here.

If someone is inside my home and potentially means to do me harm, then I don't expect to be bastardized should I choose to shoot first and ask questions later.

Old 03-20-2016, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
^ I may not agree with I_Like_Spam's typical assertions that one should take "the missus" to Subway for some fine five-star dining for a shot in the sack; however, he does have a point here.

If someone is inside my home and potentially means to do me harm, then I don't expect to be bastardized should I choose to shoot first and ask questions later.
Again, that is different from this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
He's clearly stating that home invaders should be shot, and that it is the Police Department's job to shoot them, not apprehend them. He then confirms this by saying that it is preferable that they be killed than incarcerated.

Old 03-20-2016, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Again, that is different from this:

He's clearly stating that home invaders should be shot, and that it is the Police Department's job to shoot them, not apprehend them. He then confirms this by saying that it is preferable that they be killed than incarcerated.
Ah! Okay! I understand now. Sorry. I think I posted my initial reply to I_Like_Spam around the same time as you were replying to I_Like_Spam.

Yes, it is rather odd to wish death upon anyone for stealing sneakers.

I guess we do have a lot of foot fetishists in the East End(ish) area, though, as someone stole just ONE of my old work boots off of our back patio a couple of weeks ago. I was airing them out after they got soaking wet while working one day. Talk about gross for someone to want a stinky old wet boot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh