Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 07:13 AM

2,109 posts, read 2,159,200 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't say most could care less as much as there are other good free places to talk hockey online. All the good baseball ones you have to pay for.

I will say I hated this team under Johnston. I had written them off as a first round playoff exit, doing just well enough in the regular season to give up that first round pick to Toronto. Now, they're looking pretty legit, with a completely new identity. They are fun to watch again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 09:08 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDiFiore View Post
Definitely not a bad thing. Unless he centers Hagelin and Kessel.

Injuries can certainly change things, and when Bonino went off immediately after being boarded last night, that would have opened the door for Malkin when he returned had Bonino suffered a serious injury. But it looks like he's OK, and right now, if nothing changes... no way you break up those top two lines.
Exactly.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:47 AM

144 posts, read 140,889 times
I haven't really looked up any stats, but they seriously may be having the greatest final regular season month in NHL history. If they win on Saturday they will have 1 loss in a month. Insane.

If Pens are going to win the Cup, they need Malkin and Fleury back and playing well.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:48 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,049 times
Placing Malkin (who has averaged a point per game this season) on the third line would be a pretty boneheaded move on the coach's part... especially to maintain a position for a scrub who isn't even averaging a point every two games. Bonino's lucky to be in the NHL, let alone replacing a superstar.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:49 AM

831 posts, read 878,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDiFiore View Post
Definitely not a bad thing. Unless he centers Hagelin and Kessel.

Injuries can certainly change things, and when Bonino went off immediately after being boarded last night, that would have opened the door for Malkin when he returned had Bonino suffered a serious injury. But it looks like he's OK, and right now, if nothing changes... no way you break up those top two lines.
He won't. Barring injuries or bad play by the line, I suspect he'll either go to Crosby's wing or center a line with Rust and Khunackel and/or Bennett and that becomes your 2nd line. Which makes for a fantastic bottom 6.

I've also heard he could definitely be back in the later part of the first round.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:37 AM

144 posts, read 140,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclifton View Post
I've also heard he could definitely be back in the later part of the first round.
that would line up with the original estimate they gave when he was injured (4-6 weeks).

do you have any new info? I also wonder about Fleury.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tclifton View Post
He won't. Barring injuries or bad play by the line, I suspect he'll either go to Crosby's wing or center a line with Rust and Khunackel and/or Bennett and that becomes your 2nd line. Which makes for a fantastic bottom 6.

Malkin and Crosby on a regular line has all but never worked. There's no arguing their recent success with their current setup. He won't like it but he needs to center a "3rd" line and do what's best to win a championship.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Malkin and Crosby on a regular line has all but never worked. There's no arguing their recent success with their current setup. He won't like it but he needs to center a "3rd" line and do what's best to win a championship.
The Pens will be the laughingstock of the league if they keep Bonino on the 2nd line and move Malkin to the 3rd. That's absolutely ridiculous.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
The Pens will be the laughingstock of the league if they keep Bonino on the 2nd line and move Malkin to the 3rd. That's absolutely ridiculous.
Ridiculous was you bashing Crosby recently. You really need to watch the games rather than just the box score.

Then make the 3rd line the second line. Really makes no difference. Better to be laughed at for making a winning move than to be laughed at for being knocked out of the playoffs.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Ridiculous was you bashing Crosby recently. You really need to watch the games rather than just the box score.

Then make the 3rd line the second line. Really makes no difference. Better to be laughed at for making a winning move than to be laughed at for being knocked out of the playoffs.
We're not talking about Crosby here. And you are misrepresenting my stated position on him anyway (no big surprise there).

Stick to the subject for once... you are honestly in favor of giving Bonino more time on the ice than Malkin, and you are questioning my hockey knowledge?! That's pretty rich, dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh