Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 07:30 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,881,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
You are incorrect. Consult post above.
So dudes were walking around capa with assault rifles with all the media Downtown & everyone & their brother having camera phones but no one has any photos or contacted the media for a story? Sounds a bit odd to me....

Old 04-19-2016, 07:30 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,592,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Unfortunately for Hillary & the republican candidates, Sanders has something most of them don't have: people without jobs or without worthwhile jobs they mind losing at least, thus they can act like fools, destroy property, attempt to incite violence, etc without the repercussions to their livelihoods most normal people would face if they were caught acting the same way.
I'm not sure that's true. Social Security doesn't stop paying if you get arrested and from looking at the crowds, Trump (and Cruz) seem more dependent on retirees than Sanders is on unemployed young people.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
I'm not sure that's true. Social Security doesn't stop paying if you get arrested and from looking at the crowds, Trump (and Cruz) seem more dependent on retirees than Sanders is on unemployed young people.
Well the young are more motivated to do such things the old are more preoccupied with annoying other family members about producing grandkids & such if my family get together from this past weekend is any indication

Old 04-19-2016, 07:35 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,279 times
Quote:
So dudes were walking around capa with assault rifles with all the media Downtown & everyone & their brother having camera phones but no one has any photos or contacted the media for a story? Sounds a bit odd to me....
Seemed odd to me too. But the parents who posted the info are absolutely credible, so I didn't accuse them of lying about it.

It's not really a surprise that the media was focused on Oakland and the events immediately outside the Convention center.

Do you not believe that police were directing resources toward containing the threat posed by the "open-carry" Trump supporters? I think that's pretty naïve.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:36 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
It's in reference to a message board posting where some nut suggested walking around Oakland with guns to which everyone told him he was nuts. Not to mention he even had the date wrong. No such thing actually occurred.
Either way it's not smart but not illegal & luckily not listened to.
Exactly. If it were the case the media would've had a field day.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Exactly again.

And had it occurred, and the media reported it, there would've been an immediate thread about it here.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
Do you not believe that police were directing resources toward containing the threat posed by the "open-carry" Trump supporters? I think that's pretty naïve.
Im sure they did & if they didn't they weren't doing their jobs. Anyone that proposes an 'open carry' event, especially at an already contentious situation is a complete moron.

Protestors of either ideological side of the spectrum who act in a way to incite others should be dealt with harshly.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Im sure they did & if they didn't they weren't doing their jobs. Anyone that proposes an 'open carry' event, especially at an already contentious situation is a complete moron.

Protestors of either ideological side of the spectrum who act in a way to incite others should be dealt with harshly.
I'm actually in agreement with both of your points here. My posts above were in reaction to the ridiculous criticism directed at the police chief at the top of the thread.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:46 AM

I'd wager some have different definitions of what an assault rifle actually is.

Old 04-19-2016, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I'd wager some have different definitions of what an assault rifle actually is.
I wouldn't be surprised, as many in America don't fetishize firearms the way the extreme Right does. To many people an assault rifle, a shotgun, or EVEN a handgun all constitute potential threats to civil political discourse in our society. Many people disagree that firearms have a place in the political arena. They don't necessarily care about the specifications of the individual model.

Of course, as always... your mileage may vary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh