Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 11:16 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times

Advertisements

https://abc7chicago.com/sports/ben-r...eason/1718389/

Hopefully this is just talk because Tomlin can't win 7 games a season without a star/franchise qb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 02:56 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,945 times
What a terrible game Tomlin obviously didn't study much outcoached for sure. To beat the Pats you have to blitz Brady the Broncos have proved this plenty of times. Poor Big Ben, that loss definitely isn't on him. Sad it might have been his last playoff game.

Old 01-25-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
What a terrible game Tomlin obviously didn't study much outcoached for sure. To beat the Pats you have to blitz Brady the Broncos have proved this plenty of times. Poor Big Ben, that loss definitely isn't on him. Sad it might have been his last playoff game.
Definitely out coached and how about a college lacrosse player tearing them up.

Ben isn't leaving. I didn't realize he'd have to give back $19m worth of signing bonuses if he did.

I think it's just a way to call out Tomlin who's the ringmaster of the Brown, Porter, Bell, Bryant, etc..., lack of discipline circus.

It gets everyone's attention though which is great since he's Tomlin's and the rest of the offenses meal ticket. Without Ben this team has zero chance unless they'd strike gold again in the draft which is extremely unlikely.

Old 01-25-2017, 04:44 PM

23 posts, read 25,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Hopefully this is just talk because Tomlin can't win 7 games a season without a star/franchise qb.
You may be correct, but I'd rather lose than have Ben Roethlisberger as our QB. I used to love the team because I thought it was a respectable organization. I won't root for a team lead by a rapist.

Old 01-25-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkshakes View Post
You may be correct, but I'd rather lose than have Ben Roethlisberger as our QB. I used to love the team because I thought it was a respectable organization. I won't root for a team lead by a rapist.
Nobody is asking you to root for the Stillers as they're already one of the most popular teams in sports, but when was Ben charged or proven to be a rapist?

Only one on the team I know that has a charge of attacking anyone is James Harrison against his girlfriend at the time.

Old 01-26-2017, 07:41 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,542,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkshakes View Post
Guess I missed the part about him being charged, prosecuted, and convicted.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:27 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Guess I missed the part about him being charged, prosecuted, and convicted.
No kidding. He was found innocent and is now a family man with 3 kids, but haters going to hate anything they can.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:45 AM

387 posts, read 408,458 times
Ben has about 2-3 good years left in him as he's not aging gracefully. Whenever you hear stories about your qb having to lose weight before training camp that screams lack of preparation/dedication. People knock Brady but every season he has his team making deep runs. While Ben is more physically talented then Brady (gap is closing as Ben ages) Brady is far superior in the mental nuances/aspects of the game.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomchee View Post
Ben has about 2-3 good years left in him as he's not aging gracefully. Whenever you hear stories about your qb having to lose weight before training camp that screams lack of preparation/dedication. People knock Brady but every season he has his team making deep runs. While Ben is more physically talented then Brady (gap is closing as Ben ages) Brady is far superior in the mental nuances/aspects of the game.
Put Ben on the Pats and Brady on the Stillers and you'd have the same results.

The quarterback isn't the problem.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:02 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomchee View Post
I don't think Ben is as focused as in years past. He has very young kids and they are all so close together in age. I wish he would retire to be honest. I just don't think he is all that great in the big games. Sure didn't show up in the past two playoff games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh