Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you tired of the mass prolifieration ranking lists (especially cities)
Very much 16 84.21%
Not at all 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 01:48 PM

22,566 posts, read 47,614,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Blackbeauty212 tried to counteract that with a series of positive articles about Pittsburgh, and they (along with a certain race-baiting city resident) attacked her.
Those articles were nothing more than clickbait.. and in no way encouraged any sort of positive discussion.

Flooding the forum is bad, no matter who does it or why they did it.

Last edited by Pitt Chick; 08-17-2016 at 02:04 PM..

Old 08-17-2016, 01:56 PM

2,401 posts, read 2,100,231 times
I happened to check in on Pgh CD today and saw the stuff go down, this is why I left back in July. I support what others have stated; there are a handful of completely disinterested suburbanites intent on nothing other than tearing down anything positive UNLESS it's sports. Conversely, they seem delighted in posting negative headlines, perpetuating some notion that Pittsburgh is dangerous, or in decline. I was faced with blocking more people and I just opted out. MODS, why do you let the same old curmudgeons (who don't even live in Pgh) troll relentlessly and drive away people who make positive contributions to this board. I've said my part, I am out of here too. Maybe an idea would be to rename the CD forum to Greater Pittsburgh Region, because right now it's not well represented by actual residents of the City of Pittsburgh.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:57 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,282,151 times
Quote:
A vocal handful of suburbanites post nothing but crime stories and go out of their way to contradict any positive story written about the city. Blackbeauty212 tried to counteract that with a series of positive articles about Pittsburgh, and they (along with a certain race-baiting city resident) attacked her.

This forum is a cesspool.
lol it is funny that is the spin you put on it, but that doesn't surprise me. i would have described it in another way. more like someone can't respond to rightful criticisms engage in mature discussion and chose to take their ball and go home. it is laughable how you think that the response was justified.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:01 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,955,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2421 View Post
lol it is funny that is the spin you put on it, but that doesn't surprise me. i would have described it in another way. more like someone can't respond to rightful criticisms engage in mature discussion and chose to take their ball and go home. it is laughable how you think that the response was justified.
I believe that you, and a number of other posters, have personal issues with her, and dogpile her any chance you get.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:07 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,282,151 times
Quote:
I believe that you, and a number of other posters, have personal issues with her, and dogpile her any chance you get.
yes. i have personal issues with people who intentionally use hateful slurs as a way to progress their own agenda.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:25 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,954,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2421 View Post
yes. i have personal issues with people who intentionally use hateful slurs as a way to progress their own agenda.
So you are going to keep the catty arguments going instead of moving on? I have never met grown men that act this way. You cannot win an argument with a woman. Why try? Why would you even feel compelled to argue with a woman?

Old 08-17-2016, 02:27 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinare View Post
Oh, and I tried to rep you, wpipkins2, but I apparently have to spread it around a bit.
Done.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:33 PM

1,519 posts, read 2,673,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Done.
Thanks! (Couldn't rep you either...)

Old 08-17-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinare View Post
Thanks! (Couldn't rep you either...)
Ugh! Likewise for you!

Old 08-17-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
This forum is a cesspool.
I wholeheartedly disagree. 75% of regular contributors here are quality people. I've participated in many, many forums and sub-forums on here over the years, and this is by far my favorite in terms of frequency of activity and quality of participation. I've noticed people like Tinare, Tirade, norcider, greg42, Hopes, BrianTH, jay5835, and others have either drastically scaled back their participation here or have left permanently, and it's a shame.

There are just a few posters who rile others up for fun. We all have our "quirks". I'm known as the long-winded Great East End Housing Crisis Chicken Little. That's fine. We have a certain member who invented the word "muphere" and can't fathom why anyone in their right mind would pay dreadfully high Allegheny County property taxes. That's fine. We have a certain member who seems to post late at night after (while?) imbibing and makes some borderline racist remarks from time to time. That's fine. We have a certain member who is blessed enough to have a job that pays a NYC salary in a city with Pittsburgh's cost-of-living and is so out-of-touch with how flat broke many of we other Pittsburghers are that she calls anyone who doesn't think like she does a "stupid yinzer". That's fine.

If you don't like one of these "quirky" types listed above, then add them to your ignore list. I'm sure I'm on the ignore list of a few people, and that's fine. I don't have anyone on my own ignore list because I enjoy spirited debate. Imagine how boring this sub-forum would be if everyone thought alike?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh