U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 10:52 AM

6 posts, read 29,249 times
Default Safest neighborhoods?

I'm most likely going to be relocating to Pittsburgh, at the end of March or April. I really need to know honestly, where are the neighborhoods that I definitely would want to stay away from, because I am a single woman. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2006, 09:05 AM

1 posts, read 6,964 times
Stay away from these townships in the 15136 area code.
*Mckees Rocks~Stowe Township[include West Park]
~Mckees Rocks[close to the police station]
-also:the "Bottoms","Uansa Village","Myers Ridge","Hays Manor","Preston","Pittock""Norwood" and any other place that Stowe Twp or Mckees Rocks Police service. The school district is Sto-Rox, DO NOT relocate to any place that your children would have to go to school their!!!!! A PATHETIC SCHOOL.

I want to also let you know that Mckees Rocks[15136] does have beautiful places to live and are affordable, I am also a single mom.
My Pics: Kennedy Township-close to town[7 miles]
-bus line -park(awesome)
-2 shopping centers [1 mile apart]
-family oriented community
\ -good school [several private schools]
-the community is CLEAN and PROUD
I live in Mckees Rocks now[west park] and yes it is on the do not move to list. I am approximately 1.5 miles from the heart of Kennedy and have been slowly moving and my dream is to buy a home in Kennedy. My daughter and I are involved in both the activities from each community and I enjoy some of Stowe Township, I am afraid of the violence and ignorance of the people. Kennedy, No shootings, drug deals on the street stuff like that.
This is the first time I have ever responded to a post, I hope this helps. Happy Holidays, lynnie

Old 04-28-2007, 05:51 AM

4 posts, read 13,081 times
Default The most dangerous experience of my life...MC kees Rocks, Pa

We very rarely travel through Mckees Rocks... I live in Bellevue, Pa...and while in college. I went back to live w/ my dad...he lived in Uansa Village. I was man handled by these creepy men by the river at 21 yrs old in 1991, so I told the police... We were always told to report everything... Safety in that areas is not their highest priority... My husband is from a suburb of New York 45 min outside midtown manhattan... I have spent time in NYC and I have had my share of bad experiences McKees Rocks/ stowe area that pells no comparison to other places I have live . They just don't exercise safety precautions for anyone... They are about meanest people I had ever encountered... We're moving to Nevada in a year and personally my prayer goes out for young single moms like yourself!!!! God Bless you

Old 04-28-2007, 06:18 AM

1,856 posts, read 5,551,316 times
The most dangerous places that I know about are Duquesne, McKeesport, and Aliquippa. Somebody else can tell you about the hill district.

Old 04-28-2007, 06:27 AM

40,239 posts, read 43,061,503 times
Add Garfield, Homewood and the Hill District to the list of towns/neighborhoods to avoid.

Old 04-28-2007, 10:56 AM

2,902 posts, read 6,689,378 times
Stay away from Wilkinsburg!!! Aside from the WaterFront District, Homestead is very questionable.

Old 04-28-2007, 11:51 AM

I don't think Wilkinsburg and Homestead are outright dangerous, boylocke.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:39 PM

2,902 posts, read 6,689,378 times
I might agree with Homestead, some area's are ok, but I wouldn't be caught dead sending my kids to a Wilkinsburg school.

Old 04-28-2007, 02:46 PM

I don't think the OP has kids though.

Old 04-28-2007, 06:02 PM

23 posts, read 72,033 times
How far from the city do you want to be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh