Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 05:36 PM

3,110 posts, read 2,917,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Whaaat? You may want to talk to a psychiatrist about this......

And if you have such a problem with white people, why do you live in Brookline?
Perhaps I didn’t word that as thoughtful as i should have, but I dont have a problem with white people. I also dont choose where I lived based on demographics. However, Brookline has a decent sized Syrian, Hispanic, and Muslim population, so its a nice multi-cultural area. Probably not percentage wise, but it not some lily white area.

My issue is this...for decades a portion of the white population screamed that poor non-whites were free-loaders and lazy, but now when it is white people that are poor they are victims of the economy and illegal immigration. It is maddening to see the flip that has been done when it comes to this issue.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:39 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
Perhaps I didn’t word that as thoughtful as i should have, but I dont have a problem with white people. I also dont choose where I lived based on demographics. However, Brookline has a decent sized Syrian, Hispanic, and Muslim population, so its a nice multi-cultural area. Probably not percentage wise, but it not some lily white area.

My issue is this...for decades a portion of the white population screamed that poor non-whites were free-loaders and lazy, but now when it is white people that are poor they are victims of the economy and illegal immigration. It is maddening to see the flip that has been done when it comes to this issue.
You don't choose where you live based on demographics, but you want to see the country, or this city, become less white? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
You don't choose where you live based on demographics, but you want to see the country, or this city, become less white? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Ummm, I live where I live because it is affordable and close to public transportation. As for being less white, I think it would do a specific portion of white people a lot of good to be less white. Either by living around people of different cultures and races, or by actually having someone of another race in their family. It might open some eyes on the world that other people live in.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Ummm, I live where I live because it is affordable and close to public transportation. As for being less white, I think it would do a specific portion of white people a lot of good to be less white. Either by living around people of different cultures and races, or by actually having someone of another race in their family. It might open some eyes on the world that other people live in.
But you don't live around people of different races. It makes no sense to live in some white neighborhood and say "I want this city to be less white."

Old 01-27-2017, 05:50 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
A big issue is those like yourself that think they know how everyone else should live and think that most everyone should live like you/they do.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
But you don't live around people of different races.
False. I definitely do. I am the first white man on my block and I am the fourth house on the street.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
The big issue is really those like yourself that think they know how everyone else should live and think that most everyone should live like you/they do.
No doubt. This is one of the reasons why Donald Trump is the president.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:54 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,882,782 times
Quote:

Im pretty sure if you polled most Americans that if there was a way to trade its low life citizens for better people from other countries most would jump on that deal. No such thing exists though & the US is stuck with its homegrown crap citizens. What you want to avoid is importing more crap citizens into the country that are not already present. Hence why there is an immigration screening process and legal ways to be admitted (one that even has a built in diversity lottery to ensure mixed demographics) to avoid adding to your crap citizen pool. Sidestepping this national safeguard is illegal for some very good reasons. I don't really think most here grasp how easy it is to legally enter the US & eventually become a citizen compared to the procedures of so many other countries.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:55 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
Once again a racist incompetent City Council of a major US city puts illegal aliens ahead of its very own citizens...have fun paying higher taxes to compensate the lack of federal funding
Very well stated. Hope they stick it to the city! Glad my area isn't involved, so my taxes will still be super high, but not any higher due to incompetents.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:57 PM

Quote:
No doubt. This is one of the reasons why Donald Trump is the president.
But your side of the opinion thinks I should live like you want me to live. In a land without immigrants and refugees.

Thus why everyone can have their opinions, and when it comes to laws/actions like this, there is always going to be someone on the losing side. Just turns out that my side is on the losing side this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh