Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2017, 07:44 AM

969 posts, read 763,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
When did the airport move inside the city limits? And how dare uber (a private company mind you) dare try to make a profit and avoid controversy by staying business as usual?

This whole thing is a mess, but Peduto has no business in it. Fix Pittsburgh, idiot.
I generally agree with this. He's being too political and should focus on the city he reps. Calling him an idiot? That's a bit more than needed.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 07:46 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,883,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdv8 View Post
I generally agree with this. He's being too political and should focus on the city he reps. Calling him an idiot? That's a bit more than needed.
I like alot of what he does, but political stunts like this make me lose faith in his message and his true intentions.

Old 02-01-2017, 07:57 AM

969 posts, read 763,722 times
Quote:
I like alot of what he does, but political stunts like this make me lose faith in his message and his true intentions.
Couldn't agree more. He needs to focus more and step away from the activism. Maybe he thinks by doing this sort of thing he has a better chance of making headlines outside of the region and attracting people to the city? Either way it comes off as silly to me.

Old 02-01-2017, 08:16 AM

41,018 posts, read 17,992,158 times
Quote:
Couldn't agree more. He needs to focus more and step away from the activism. Maybe he thinks by doing this sort of thing he has a better chance of making headlines outside of the region and attracting people to the city? Either way it comes off as silly to me.
Sounds more like he's trying to audition for a bigger and better political position. Only problem is he needs to better address the job he presently has.

Old 02-01-2017, 08:41 AM

6,356 posts, read 5,004,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Sounds more like he's trying to audition for a bigger and better political position.
In 2016, I began to think just that for the Mayor, O'Connor, and Gilman. All good people, I am sure, but their motions seem to be based on symbolic things, legacy creation, rather than job creation, etc.

Yes, I will say they have been active (I guess) in trying to assist with the housing crunch for the poor in this town.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:54 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,883,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Sounds more like he's trying to audition for a bigger and better political position. Only problem is he needs to better address the job he presently has.
Exactly what I'm thinking as well. He's making SOME progress, but has a ways to go.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:21 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,096,496 times
Quote:
Exactly what I'm thinking as well. He's making SOME progress, but has a ways to go.
While I don't think he's the disaster the people on local news comment sections make him out to be, I feel like he hasn't done as much as was expected when he came in. At the end of the day I don't have much to complain about with Peduto, but at the same time I thought he would do more.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:01 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,271,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
While I don't think he's the disaster the people on local news comment sections make him out to be, I feel like he hasn't done as much as was expected when he came in. At the end of the day I don't have much to complain about with Peduto, but at the same time I thought he would do more.
life is good if you are a real estate developer or cmu engineer

Old 02-01-2017, 02:53 PM

41,018 posts, read 17,992,158 times
Quote:
Nah. Believe it or not, not everyone wants to hear all negativity all the time, especially when it comes from the same mouth with the same tired reasons. I had to block some of the more negative voices, those with an agenda that is counterproductive. I like dissenting opinions when they are expressed intelligently, but sadly I don't see slot of that on City Data.

Either way, other forums for discussion don't allow for editorializing in the title of a thread, for obvious reasons.
The truth is often unpopular but what dissenting opinions are you referring to?

How is the title being editorialized? The title of the thread is in the form of a question.

Old 02-01-2017, 03:42 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,839,016 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh