Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 10:54 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnlvsxy View Post
Can't wait for two years from now.

And it must be nice living in a bubble where you only believe polls and news that you agree with.

By the way, speaking of "Fake News", can we all have a moment of silence for the victims of the Bowling Green Massacre? So sad.
I would say 90% if not more are living in a bubble that watch news they agree with. I don't mean this to be negative towards you, I really don't. I am not sure why people don't question these so called facts. The amount of research needed to question news is kind of mind blowing, but I pick and choose hyped up news cases and research the statistics to see if they are real news. Sadly, almost 100% of the news I question aren't real. They might be half truths, but if news sources are leaving out whole stories and hyping one side, I classify that as "fake", because it is being reported for a negative reaction which would get people's juices flowing.

The Bowling Green story is a misspoken word, but the agenda news and people are going crazy over it. She needed to state "terrorist", but got confused. I listen to her as a spokesperson for Trump and she handles herself pretty well considering how unbelievably hard her job is. How would you like to have a job that has you grilled every waking hour? Not easy, but I give her a pass on misspeaking on that one. It isn't as big of a deal as the far left is hoping it is.

Anyway, this is wildly off topic, but it does have to do with protestors in Pittsburgh.

My personal feelings on our countries trajectory due to protests and unrest:

I think we are in for more division and hardline style in our country. The amount of anger created by the media is really killing us as a country. I think people need to listen more the the sources and less to the media's take. My hope is that people will at some point realize the media is all about making money and we are just a bunch of pawns. It is horrible. One show I enjoy watching is Chris Wallace on Sundays at 2pm. He asks tough questions and lets the people answer. He may ask more tough questions, but lets people explain. He is no fan of Trump for sure and might actually hate Trump, but he lets people speak. I don't care about the end of his show with his panel, but I get to hear leaders actually speak, so I understand why. Good luck to all. I hope our country can find peace within itself someday, but it isn't looking very good right now. I long for the days of 1/2 hour local news and 1/2 hour world news as a public service and that is IT! No going back now. Growing pains? I hope so.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:57 AM

684 posts, read 419,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
The Bowling Green story is a misspoken word, but the agenda news and people are going crazy over it. She needed to state "terrorist", but got confused.
I would believe you except she's said it more than once. That's not misspeaking.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:58 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
If you want to ask for my support on any issue blocking a road I'm trying to navigate won't do the trick. I always question the people that attend protests. Do they have a job? Always seems to be a lot of them available during working hours. You want to make changes, raise money and pay off a politician. It's the American way.

I'd love to see them block off the streets to Heinz Field before a game. Better yet, block the roads after a game. Even better, block the roads after the game when dem Stillers lose n'at.

They're too scared to block those roads. A bridge is easy pickins.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
You want to make changes, raise money and pay off a politician. It's the American way.
I know you're likely saying that in jest, but someone tried that with Toomey. He's voting (well, voted now) for Davos because she gave him money so someone started a kickstarter to raise more money than he got from her if he changed his vote. They raised more...he still voted for her. So sadly, it doesn't quite work like that all the time.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:12 AM
gg

Quote:
I would believe you except she's said it more than once. That's not misspeaking.
One thing for sure, the media sure expects everyone to be perfect in every way. I could care less that she got confused. Meaningless to those of us not trying to promote an agenda. It is hard to have balance though with all they people force feeding their crap on you everyday.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
One thing for sure, the media sure expects everyone to be perfect in every way. I could care less that she got confused. Meaningless to those of us not trying to promote an agenda. It is hard to have balance though with all they people force feeding their crap on you everyday.
I'd buy the confusion excuse if it was one time. Since it was more than once, it's pre-mediated which makes it really bad.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:21 AM

969 posts, read 771,617 times
Some of these posts sound like they would encourage violence, even bodily harm against protestors because your roadway is being blocked.

"I'd love to see..."

How can you in a breath, be so concerned with public safety and emergency vehicle access but then condone acts of vilonce against the protestors?

Old 02-07-2017, 11:25 AM
gg

Quote:

I suppose the upshot of being one of the most unpopular presidents of all time is that there's nowhere to go but up, so you may have a point there.
I want to show you how fake news works. ABC/Washington Post created their approval rating using this:

This ABC News/Washington Post poll was conducted by landline and cellular telephone Jan. 12-15, 2017, in English and Spanish, among a random national sample of 1,005 adults. Results have a margin of sampling error of 3.5 points, including the design effect. Partisan divisions are 31-23-37 percent, Democrats-Republicans-independents.

People consider this real news? 31% democrat vs. 23% republican? Do you know republicans outnumber democrats in our country by a very tiny margin? Do you still feel Trumps approval rating by ABC/Washington Post are accurate and are real news? I certainly don't.

CNN's approval rating of Trump?

A total of 1,000 adults were interviewed by telephone nationwide by live interviewers calling both landline and cell phones. Among the entire sample, 32% described themselves as Democrats, 24% described themselves as Republicans, and 44% described themselves as independents or members of another party.

What do you think about your fake news now? What else are people being fed? This is downright PROOF our so-called news sources are complete garbage! I can go on and on about the bs we are being fed on a daily basis, but why?

Old 02-07-2017, 11:30 AM
gg

Quote:
I'd buy the confusion excuse if it was one time. Since it was more than once, it's pre-mediated which makes it really bad.
Look at my fake news example and tell me you are not just dying to promote your agenda at all costs. People focus on the massacre vs. terrorist mistake as something to show confirmation. See she is LYING!!!! LYING! She just misspoke. She isn't dumb with a job like she has and she knows if she messes up like she did, it certainly isn't going to fly. She makes a mistake and she will get hammered. She is getting hammered, but it has no real meaning.

Anyway, we can agree to disagree. No big deal. Have a look at your beloved approval ratings.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:30 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,585,203 times
Per Gallup, the split is 31D/25R/42I in 2013.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh