Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 12:26 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
I quoted what I was responding to.
Actually, you're putting your personal feelings of Trump ahead of a wise decision that Trump made.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:43 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,882,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Again, I merely replied to text that was written. Pay attention.
At least you don't disagree with the points the article made that's a start I guess.

Last edited by UKyank; 06-05-2017 at 01:35 PM..

Old 06-05-2017, 01:58 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,140,512 times
I didn't comment on the article so your comment is illogical. I merely responded to your comment that I quoted.

Old 06-05-2017, 06:02 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Interesting, but what does that have to do with the great move to pull out of the Paris Agreement?
Nothing, but it's par for the course.

The truth is that Trump is doing a pretty good job.

I get that some on the left don't like Trump's policies, by even the left should be pleased with how Trump has handled Syria, and how well he is handling the North Korea situation.

Old 06-05-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Nothing, but it's par for the course.

I get that some on the left don't like Trump's policies, by even the left should be pleased with how Trump has handled Syria, and how well he is handling the North Korea situation.
No doubt about it.

Most anything he does will come under scrutiny from "the left", but everything he changes that Obama did will get scrutinized to death just because.

Old 06-05-2017, 06:34 PM

1,106 posts, read 1,163,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

Oh yeah, he is doing a bang up job. Making enemies all over the world and inspiring hate crimes at home! And his family seems to be involved in corruption like we have never seen before. He is really draining that swamp, what with all of his cronies in Cabinet positions and his ethics waivers.
Remember how he had the 30 day plan to eradicate ISIS? He didn't want to share it, but he definitely had one. And now they are gone! Oh, wait...

Old 06-05-2017, 07:24 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,154,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
The hysterics & irrational behavior is not limited to any one side of the political spectrum trying to imply such is just deflecting from the actual topic at hand.
While I didn't care for Mitt Romney too much, he sure didn't say the BS Trump does.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:58 PM

Pretty sure there's not much that's scripted from Trump. He's not going to talk like your typical politician.

Last edited by erieguy; 06-05-2017 at 08:08 PM..

Old 06-05-2017, 08:38 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,693,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charisb View Post
Oh yeah, he is doing a bang up job. Making enemies all over the world and inspiring hate crimes at home! And his family seems to be involved in corruption like we have never seen before. He is really draining that swamp, what with all of his cronies in Cabinet positions and his ethics waivers.
Remember how he had the 30 day plan to eradicate ISIS? He didn't want to share it, but he definitely had one. And now they are gone! Oh, wait...
Inspiring hate crimes?! Like these ones? fakehatecrimes.org

Are you referring to the lunatic in Portland, whose Facebook posts show him to be Sanders/Stein supporter? You can watch a video on YouTube of him being kicked out of a Trump rally on April 29th by real Trump supporters who tell him his hate speech has no place with them and will not be tolerated.

Maybe you are referring to Eric Clanton, antifa goon and former ethics and philosophy professor. He seemed to be fueled by hate when he attacked innocent people at a Trump rally with a U-lock.

I wonder what Kathy Griffin was trying to inspire with her "art." Peace? Love?

The narrative that Trump inspires hatred or violence in his supporters is false and completely baseless.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:43 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,438,435 times
Default Mr. Trump, you don't know Pittsburgh

Indira Lakshmanan, a Pittsburgh native, made many of the same points expressed in this column this past Friday as a panelist on PBS' "Washington Week."

<<But just as they came together after World War II to clean up the soot-filled air that once blacked out the sun, becoming a model for environmental campaigns elsewhere, [Pittsburgh] civic leaders steadily transformed the economy into a hub for higher education, medicine, high-tech, advanced manufacturing and — wait for it — green energy, which now accounts for 21 percent of jobs.
>>

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...QOM/story.html

According to this Clean Jobs Pennsylvania website linked in Lakshmanan's column, Pennsylvania in total has 57,000 (over 12,000 apparently in Pittsburgh proper) clean energy jobs, about 15 percent more than the nation's total coal mining jobs.

http://www.cleanjobspa.com/

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t17.htm

The Trump administration's uniformed championing of the coal and carbon fuel industries over the nation's clean energy industries, actually may be a large economic negative for Pittsburgh.

http://corporate.ppg.com/Sustainabil...nnovation.aspx

See post 23 here:

EPA Chief Pruitt flat out lies about coal jobs

Indira Lakshmanan | Washington Week

<<A native of Pittsburgh, Lakshmanan is a graduate of Allderdice High School and Harvard University.>>

https://www.chronicle.pitt.edu/story...ring-primaries

Last edited by WRnative; 06-05-2017 at 08:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh