Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 12:04 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I'd say let all the racists fans go. We don't need racist NFL fans supporting the league. Good riddance if they decide not to support the NFL anymore. I'm not losing sleep over any of them.
What you ignore is the protest is based in racism as well.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:05 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
I read an article about the true rules around respecting the flag, and there is no mention of having to stand. However there is plenty about how to hold it (not flat across a huge football field), not on clothing, not to be used in advertising (sorry Budweiser), and not to be used on disposable products such as cups and napkins.

So for everyone to freak out about someone not breaking a rule in regards to kneeling, but then standing with beer made by a company that uses the flag in advertisng, while holding their baseball caps adorned in flags, and watching a flag be stretched flat across the football field is just laughable.

However it is much easier to complain about the “kneelers” than to confront the issues they are kneeling for.

I also saw this quote today....

Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime. -Adlai Stevenson

Kaepernick has already given more, basically his career and close to a million dollars in donations, for something he believes in. Thats something that most people can never say.
Kap has gotten exactly what he deserves- blacklisted due to his poor judgement.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Interesting that Kaepernick had nothing to say and always stood before Nessa Diab. At least he made a lot of money beforehand, but he could try to go to Canada like many others have threatened to do. There's always the CFL.

For those that truly want to make a protest and use the NFL to do it, they should just refuse to play.
If it means losing money, then they all of a sudden are NOT so passionate for the cause! Their loyalty is not with the league or their team, it's to their bank account.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
This is a given, however, it's the way they choose to protest that many people find offensive.

These players have other outlets in which to reach large audiences, they don't need to protest in a manner that so many find offensive. They don't seem to care who they offend, and that only makes the situation worse.

Personally I don't care if they protest, but they shouldn't whine when people, including the President, calls them out for their disrespectful behavior.
Excellent response.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:08 PM

684 posts, read 419,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Military soldiers did not sacrifice for these idiots and their stupidity.
They most certainly did.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:11 PM

Location: The Flagship City and Vacation in the Paris of Appalachia
2,773 posts, read 3,857,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Tomlin is a coward, just like his team (except Villenueva). Glad Chicago kicked their a$$.
Tomlin made the right choice and Villanueva actually played very poorly and was a big part of the reason the Steelers lost. However, after all of this nonsense and the fact that he currently has the number one selling NFL jersey, I doubt he will be benched despite his poor play. I like his thoughts on the issue and the article linked below shows he disagrees with the protest during the anthem in general, but not coming out during the national anthem is not a protest, it is simply a way to remove everyone from the situation. In other words, I don't agree with those taking a knee during the anthem, but standing in the tunnel stops players from being able to take a knee or get involved in a protest in front of the fans.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/s...rs-anthem.html

Old 09-25-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnlvsxy View Post
They most certainly did.
I seriously doubt they thought "I want to serve my country and risk my life so that idiots can disrespect my service and our flag". That interpretion is assanine.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:23 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,283,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstar13 View Post
Tomlin made the right choice and Villanueva actually played very poorly and was a big part of the reason the Steelers lost. However, after all of this nonsense and the fact that he currently has the number one selling NFL jersey, I doubt he will be benched despite his poor play. I like his thoughts on the issue and the article linked below shows he disagrees with the protest during the anthem in general, but not coming out during the national anthem is not a protest, it is simply a way to remove everyone from the situation. In other words, I don't agree with those taking a knee during the anthem, but standing in the tunnel stops players from being able to take a knee or get involved in a protest in front of the fans.

are news outlets really taking them teams actions of leaving the players in the locker room as a protest against trump? it was clearly a way to avoid taking a stance either way.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:

The Steelers have always been on of the teams I root for. No longer, although after watching the NFL since 1969- I'm boycotting the league of egomaniac spoiled cowards.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:26 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,802 times
Quote:

It certainly is a protest. It is a cowards way to protest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh