Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 07:11 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,389,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8YearsinPittsburgh View Post
Seriously!
My first year in business I had an uninsured drunk driver total my first work truck, it almost put me out of business. I can not understand how someone can be ok with an uninsured vehicle that probably has inappropriate tires for road use sharing the road with them.

So yes seriously!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2017, 07:15 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,955,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
My first year in business I had an uninsured drunk driver total my first work truck, it almost put me out of business. I can not understand how someone can be ok with an uninsured vehicle that probably has inappropriate tires for road use sharing the road with them.

So yes seriously!
Was it so difficult to say that dirt bikes are a problem because they’re unsafe and uninsured?

Old 09-29-2017, 09:24 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,954,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Was it so difficult to say that dirt bikes are a problem because they’re unsafe and uninsured?
I think these people would be horrified if they lived in the hood. You have mobs of 10 to 20 youth bobbing and weaving in and out of traffic at high speeds with dirt bikes and ATV's. It is even worse in Philly, Baltimore and DC. These young men use the city street because the hood lacks dirt paths.

Urban dirt biking is illegal and it

Old 09-29-2017, 12:29 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I think these people would be horrified if they lived in the hood. You have mobs of 10 to 20 youth bobbing and weaving in and out of traffic at high speeds with dirt bikes and ATV's. It is even worse in Philly, Baltimore and DC. These young men use the city street because the hood lacks dirt paths.

Urban dirt biking is illegal and it
So when one of those young men damages a parked vehicle while operating an uninsured dirt bike or ATV on a public street illegally, who bears the cost of fixing the damage?

Old 09-29-2017, 12:33 PM

969 posts, read 771,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
So when one of those young men damages a parked vehicle while operating an uninsured dirt bike or ATV on a public street illegally, who bears the cost of fixing the damage?
The car owner. Why are you asking as though they condone the behavior?

Old 09-29-2017, 04:10 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,954,652 times
Quote:
Am I suppose to answer the question? I do not own a dirt bike or ATV. My son is not allowed to ride anything period. You are asking the wrong person.

Old 09-29-2017, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Even if the person is arrested for damaging a vehicle it is almost impossible to collect, the courts will award a restitution amount that limits your ability to sue them or sheriff sale them. The court will then not collect on the restitution. I have received $10 a year on my case because welfare requires a person to have a payment arrangement for court costs and restitution and that is the minimum the county requires for a payment plan.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:31 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
The car owner will get screwed of course because they have money and insurance. The illegals do as they please and nothing will happen to them because they have nothing. It is what it is and always will be that way. Enjoy.

Old 09-30-2017, 07:18 AM

436 posts, read 342,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post

So yes seriously!

I was agreeing with you. Otherwise, I would have typed "Seriously?"

Old 09-30-2017, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8YearsinPittsburgh View Post
I was agreeing with you. Otherwise, I would have typed "Seriously?"
I was never hooked on phonic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: