Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 01:12 PM

969 posts, read 772,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
I think Murphy has done a great job for this area, I would vote for him again in a heartbeat. Personally I could care less about his personal affairs.
That says more about you than anything, really. This guy is scum, but he gets stuff done! Sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 01:17 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl-Cns View Post
Not to derail the thread with this, because Murphy is clearly a sanctimonious hypocritical pig who has pandered to religious zealots who vote primarily on issues like abortion and same sex marriage, but I've been traveling a lot for work in recent months and was thinking about how funny it is that there is so much griping about bike lanes on this forum (and other embarrassing places like the Post-Gazette comment sections.) It's hilarious because literally every city from coast to coast that I've traveled to in the past year in this country has been installing bike lanes and bike infrastructure, yet some posters act like it's completely unreasonable and unfathomable that this would happen here. I don't get it.
They were all given money by the Obama administration for this purpose. It's a government created trend.

Old 10-04-2017, 01:45 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,966,065 times
Then it has certainly caught on nationwide!

Old 10-04-2017, 01:51 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,283,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdv8 View Post
That says more about you than anything, really. This guy is scum, but he gets stuff done! Sad.
there is a way to acknowledge dissonance in a reasonable and understanding manner, and then there is what you do...

Old 10-04-2017, 02:45 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,698,423 times
Where is Tim Murphy? We now know...

Old 10-04-2017, 02:59 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,393,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdv8 View Post
Yes he does get things done. I don't care what my butcher does in his private life, I don't care what my doctor does, I personally don't care what anyone does in their personal lives. He does his job to a high degree for my district and that is why I voted for him. If you choose to sit high upon your judgemental high horse and criticize his home life or my opinion of him, that is your issue and I personally don't care.

Old 10-04-2017, 03:19 PM

3,110 posts, read 2,917,912 times
Quote:
Yes he does get things done. I don't care what my butcher does in his private life, I don't care what my doctor does, I personally don't care what anyone does in their personal lives. He does his job to a high degree for my district and that is why I voted for him. If you choose to sit high upon your judgemental high horse and criticize his home life or my opinion of him, that is your issue and I personally don't care.
Well if you butcher could pass a law saying you were not allowed to eat prime rib because it was a sin, then dined on a dinner of prime rib every night, wouldn’t that tick you off?

I dont care what these people do in their private lives either, but when they take it upon themselves to stop me from doing things in my private life, then go about doing that very thing themselves, that is what makes it unfathomable.

Old 10-04-2017, 04:07 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,140,512 times
Quote:
Personally I could care less about his personal affairs.

It's not just a personal affair when a politician is hypocritical on the core issue that he rides to get elected.

He should be gone, but I'm sure many of the clueless yinzers who voted for him will do so again, given the chance.

Old 10-04-2017, 04:17 PM

716 posts, read 765,836 times
Quote:
Yes he does get things done. I don't care what my butcher does in his private life, I don't care what my doctor does, I personally don't care what anyone does in their personal lives.
He is not a butcher or a doctor. It is a much different job. It is different than your doctor telling you not to smoke while he secreretly chiefs two packs a day. His platform and voting record are completely antithetical to what he has done in private and his vote affects everyone, not just himself. He can introduce, support, and pass legislation that affects everyone's personal lives, not just his own. I don't see what is wrong with holding someone with that kind of power and influence to a higher standard.

Old 10-04-2017, 04:24 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,393,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl-Cns View Post
He is not a butcher or a doctor. It is a much different job. It is different than your doctor telling you not to smoke while he secreretly chiefs two packs a day. His platform and voting record are completely antithetical to what he has done in private and his vote affects everyone, not just himself. He can introduce, support, and pass legislation that affects everyone's personal lives, not just his own. I don't see what is wrong with holding someone with that kind of power and influence to a higher standard.
He votes on what his constituency wants not his personal opinion, isn't that what he is supposed to do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh