Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 08:20 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
Oh, so you are going to the Chesney show? Or do you mean you make enjoy the worst of a sub-culture of country music fans?
No I am not going to any concert. I am too old, but Chesney isn't on my list anyway. I don't now a single song of his, but I should listen to his top two hits for the heck of it someday. I also would say his fans are NOT the worst subculture. Remember young people are getting murdered at alarming rates in our city and in other cities across the country. That would be a much worse subculture for sure and there are many others below the Chesney group. I of course know some people going the his concert because I know people in a lot of different groups. They are hard working good people believe it or not.

Anyway, I love posting the pictures, but it seems I am the only one that finds it funny. I mean come on, "prius repellent". If I am physically able, I want to ride my bike down there just to see the crowd. I have never actually been down there when he was in town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 09:17 AM

6,357 posts, read 5,050,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post

Anyway, I love posting the pictures, but it seems I am the only one that finds it funny. I mean come on, "prius repellent". If I am physically able, I want to ride my bike down there just to see the crowd. I have never actually been down there when he was in town.

Nope, you are not the only one! I think the "prius repellant" is hysterical, because i think cockiness and gall in comedy is funny. I am a person who has been environmentally conscious for decades now. but because im not so easily offended, i think that bumper sticker is worth a chuckle.

I was walking to work during the time of a chesney concert. it was not pleasant at times.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
Nope, you are not the only one! I think the "prius repellant" is hysterical, because i think cockiness and gall in comedy is funny. I am a person who has been environmentally conscious for decades now. but because im not so easily offended, i think that bumper sticker is worth a chuckle.

I was walking to work during the time of a chesney concert. it was not pleasant at times.
Thanks. Yeah, I want to still feel the vibe down there for educational purposes. I don't think I would get too close since my days of fighting someone would be behind me unless I had NO choice. I would probably break a hip or something. I would be on my bike, so that could make some drunk want to mess with me I guess.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:44 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,282,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Thanks. Yeah, I want to still feel the vibe down there for educational purposes. I don't think I would get too close since my days of fighting someone would be behind me unless I had NO choice. I would probably break a hip or something. I would be on my bike, so that could make some drunk want to mess with me I guess.
sunshine, beer, cute girls, music, friends, drinking games, grilled food...you can't see anyone that would enjoy something like this? obviously not my cup of tea but i understand it.

do you really think someone is going to come at you for riding a bike down there?

Old 10-20-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2421 View Post
sunshine, beer, cute girls, music, friends, drinking games, grilled food...you can't see anyone that would enjoy something like this? obviously not my cup of tea but i understand it.

do you really think someone is going to come at you for riding a bike down there?
Well I heard of an issue from a fellow cyclist, but there are a lot of negative people riding bikes around our city to be honest.

I love your description. Maybe I should just go and enjoy it. You make it sound like a lot of fun and you are right, it probably is a blast. Gotta love a good tailgate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh