Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 03:54 PM

3,704 posts, read 2,641,756 times

Advertisements

Tired of reading of those two topics so ... thought I'd start something different.

On my mind? What a beautiful city, a beautiful day (sunny, pristine 70 degrees) and loving the fact that Pittsburgh has so many trails upon which to enjoy this wonderful weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 04:06 PM

3,109 posts, read 2,897,302 times
Current thoughts....who would have guessed?!?! I overheard the woman sitting behind me on the bus discussing how she just wrote a musical and it is currently with the composer. So random but nice to hear, even if I was being nebby, about the interesting things my neighbors are doing.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:33 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,807,157 times
Today was beautiful. I washed my car, so it will rain tomorrow, but sure was nice today. I got out of the city for much of the day, so that was nice. Anything to get away from the whining city stuff that seems to go on and on. Once out in the country, people seem much happier and we sure have beautiful places to go all around Pittsburgh.

Old 10-27-2017, 08:02 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,459,063 times
Great day to get outdoors!

Old 10-28-2017, 09:25 AM

436 posts, read 339,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
Tired of reading of those two topics so ... thought I'd start something different.

On my mind? What a beautiful city, a beautiful day (sunny, pristine 70 degrees) and loving the fact that Pittsburgh has so many trails upon which to enjoy this wonderful weather.
I agree about the trails. I'm about to celebrate 11 years in the city on October 30th. Out of all the opportunities I had, I chose Pittsburgh because of the bike scene and Frick Park.

I took a bike ride through the park last night, unfortunatley, the first since my child was born (just over five years ago). I've still been using the park for walking and hiking and introducing him to nature. Unfortunatley, one of my main complaints not only in Frick Park, but the entire city and county park system still seems to exist, and may have gotten worse, which are both leashed and unleashed dogs that the owners don't seem to have proper control over and people who walk on whatever side of the trails they want, paying little attention

Old 10-28-2017, 09:52 AM

716 posts, read 760,706 times
Continuting with the trend of talking about the weather I have to say I know people love to bemoan the weather here but honestly I would never want to live somewhere where there's never a gloomy and rainy saturday like we are having today. There's something cozy about not being drawn outdoors, cooking a comforting meal, maybe doing a chore like redding up the cellar, or just relaxing at home. I'm a huge fan of our climate, diverse weather and seasons in Pittsburgh.

Old 10-28-2017, 10:44 AM

436 posts, read 339,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl-Cns View Post
Continuting with the trend of talking about the weather I have to say I know people love to bemoan the weather here but honestly I would never want to live somewhere where there's never a gloomy and rainy saturday like we are having today. There's something cozy about not being drawn outdoors, cooking a comforting meal, maybe doing a chore like redding up the cellar, or just relaxing at home. I'm a huge fan of our climate, diverse weather and seasons in Pittsburgh.
I get tired of people complaining how gloomy it is here. To me, the weather we are currently experiencing on 10/28/17 at 11:45 am is gloomy. Days like today are few and far between. I love to get out all year long, it's not even near as gloomy here as people make it out to be

Old 10-28-2017, 10:50 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,897,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl-Cns View Post
I have been looking forward to today for a few days now. Woke up late, enjoyed my coffee, catching up on some reading, and maybe even a nap....all without feeling like I am being lazy for not being outside. Oh and the dog, he couldn’t be happier to be sleeping under a blanket right now.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:16 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,459,063 times
Agree with the 3 previous posts. Today is a great day to hang around the house. I'll do the leaves tomorrow.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:29 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,807,157 times
Anyone see that sunrise this morning? It was amazing. Wish I had a camera, but my phone isn't very good at such a thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh