Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 09:07 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSantoRules View Post
What you've just written is one of the most insanely idiotic and vile things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this site is now dumber for having read it.
All I can say is I hope they got this man on camera putting this silly little thing up there on Halloween or they show sone kid just hanging it there as he is walking along not caring about it as it is just Halloween. That is all I can say. People do know it is Halloween right? This is a crock of crap. Read more about this guy. I don't think you are researching him nearly enough.

Here he is talking about, "my people". The intersection of race and disability is often ignored when we discuss the injustices that disadvantage disabled students of color within our schools. This oversight can mean grave consequences to students who live within these margins. The school-to-prison pipeline disproportionately impacts disabled students of color (especially Black disabled students), yet very few are addressing what occurs in our schools; a recent incident in Pittsburgh caught my attention as being yet another example of how we are failing to advocate for and protect Black disabled students.

The Woodland Hills High School-to-Prison Pipeline - Ramp Your Voice!

Guest speaker on racial problems at Pitt. Nothing wrong with it, just showing his agenda.

The Woodland Hills High School-to-Prison Pipeline - Ramp Your Voice!

He has got an agenda and we all are falling for a noose on Halloween. What happened to a noose on Halloween, just being a decoration. I am NOT buying into this, BUT if proof is presented I will change my tone. No proof, it is just another agenda based POS story.

Old 10-31-2017, 10:11 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,599,209 times
There's only one agenda-based POS here that I can see.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:53 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,586,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkTransplant View Post
There's only one agenda-based POS here that I can see.
Yep. When it was posted, I already knew of the incident, I thought to myself, "Boy, gladhands has a lot more patience than I have. I give it 24 hours before somebody, probably gg, accuses them of planting the noose themselves."

I suppose there's some people you can't reason with, you have to accept that, but there's some who are well meaning but unaware. Maybe making more people aware is worth it. I wouldn't blame him or wpipkins or whoever if they threw in the towel, I'd find it exhausting to get subjected to all this, hate crime perpetrators always getting more benefit of the doubt from some people than the victims. It's demoralizing.

Old 11-01-2017, 05:07 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
All I can say is I hope they got this man on camera putting this silly little thing up there on Halloween or they show sone kid just hanging it there...
Here he is talking about, "my people". The intersection of race and disability is often ignored when we discuss the injustices that disadvantage disabled students of color within our schools. This oversight can mean grave consequences to students who live within these margins. The school-to-prison pipeline disproportionately impacts disabled students of color (especially Black disabled students), yet very few are addressing what occurs in our schools; a recent incident in Pittsburgh caught my attention as being yet another example of how we are failing to advocate for and protect Black disabled students.

He has got an agenda and we all are falling for a noose on Halloween. What happened to a noose on Halloween, just being a decoration. I am NOT buying into this, BUT if proof is presented I will change my tone. No proof, it is just another agenda based POS story.

GG, i see your point. He seems to be a person who argues things to perhaps an extreme level, considering everything as part of an organized, machine-like culture geared against minorities, the disabled, or whatever.

He seems very much like the university professor that recently declared that geometry is inherently about white privilege (an actual story that neglects so many facts its ridiculous).

What some might believe is that there is a person out there who is well aware of Gibson's "agenda", and wished to push back with a painful action, a "I'll show him" type of thing.

But we just do not know and we may never know the absolute truth without video. You are saying that with his track record, it is probable that HE hung the noose, for attention, for alarm, etc.
I am saying that it is possible, but to say PROBABLE is almost calling him guilty until proven innocent. Be careful - don't succumb to the madness.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:49 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,508 times
Quote:
All I can say is (blah,blah,blah... more racist crap)
All you are is a race-baiter who has been coddled on this site for way too long.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:17 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,586,085 times
Regarding the "racist geometry" professor, she makes some interesting points if you can get past the clickbait soundbites. Both history and math education in the US tends to assume that all civilization of note began in ancient Greece, but there's some evidence that the Egyptians and Babylonians were way ahead in geometry and trig. Maybe de-emphasizing this makes more people think math is a white thing. Even if not, it's interesting that when we think of ancient geometry we think of the Greeks, and not the pyramid at Giza 2000 years prior to Pythagoras, who may have learned from the Egyptians anyway. Just interesting, not necessarily malicious.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:39 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
But we just do not know and we may never know the absolute truth without video. You are saying that with his track record, it is probable that HE hung the noose, for attention, for alarm, etc.
I am saying that it is possible, but to say PROBABLE is almost calling him guilty until proven innocent. Be careful - don't succumb to the madness.
Yeah, you are right. We just don't have enough information. We may never really know what happened. Shame people get all crazy over my posts, just because I am someone that needs more proof on stories and discuss possibilities. Here is my initial post in case people forgot. I was as outraged as anyone, but still people will call my "racist". Odd, but I guess if I need more to a story to form an opinion, that makes me a whatever to people. I think it is time I move on. Nothing to gain with dialogue really and this or most matters anymore. Time to hit the high road as they speak. Last post on this subject unless there is some new evidence to show the story.

My first response to this thread:

I think it is horrible period and NO PLACE FOR IT EVER!!!!!!!!

If I saw someone do that, I would confront or call the cops. Maybe someone has it on video. I am hoping it is a very young kid that doesn't get it, which is the only time it would be not so bad and time for a lesson in life, but if it was a real noose that is probably not the case. There is always going to be some idiot to fuel the fire and of course people will use it to act as though it is the norm, which is a crock of crap. IT ISN'T the norm at all and it is VERY RARE, so get that crap fixed as well. Stop trying to feed your agenda on this rare case.

second post:

First Amendment? Who brought that up? You can't hang a noose in front of a home that isn't your own. You can hang one in front of your own home of course especially during Halloween as it is just a noose and has nothing to do with race of course. Lots of people were hung to death and Halloween is all about stuff like that, but only in front of your own home as a display.

This was actually in front of their home correct? It doesn't seem like they actually state it was in their yard, it was near where they park their car. There is a difference and I am not sure what the real story is, but there is no excuse for doing that on someone else's property period!

I did a search on it and it isn't really clear what the real story is as I am not sure that was hung on their property? I can't condone it unless it is your own property though. That is fine.

Last edited by gg; 11-01-2017 at 08:05 AM..

Old 11-01-2017, 08:10 AM
gg

My apologies to all, especially, Glandhands, wpipkins, Merge, RogersParkT, and anyone else I offended. I just want to understand what really happened and proposed possible ideas. Seems my style isn't popular and people are much too heated and angry for this dialog.

I think my posts on this are pointless. Maybe Yac can delete them all and just leave me out of this. Nothing to gain. I give up. You guys win. Hope the man that had this noose hung down the street can ramp this up to educate people on racism as he stated.

Maybe I am just too old and too white and should leave all this to others that understand better than I ever well.

Last edited by gg; 11-01-2017 at 08:26 AM..

Old 11-01-2017, 09:24 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times
Quote:

Maybe I am just too old and too white and should leave all this to others that understand better than I ever well.
sigh

Old 11-01-2017, 10:30 AM

977 posts, read 567,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealie View Post
Regarding the "racist geometry" professor, she makes some interesting points if you can get past the clickbait soundbites. Both history and math education in the US tends to assume that all civilization of note began in ancient Greece, but there's some evidence that the Egyptians and Babylonians were way ahead in geometry and trig. Maybe de-emphasizing this makes more people think math is a white thing. Even if not, it's interesting that when we think of ancient geometry we think of the Greeks, and not the pyramid at Giza 2000 years prior to Pythagoras, who may have learned from the Egyptians anyway. Just interesting, not necessarily malicious.
There is a reason that specifically regarding geometry, we think of the Greeks. The modern study of geometry treats the topic as it is logically, a formal axiomatic system. That is, it's a system where a small number of statements are assumed to be true and then the logical implications of those statements are studied. While the Egyptians and others undoubtedly knew many of the results of this type of axiomatic treatment, they knew this empirically, not via deduction from a set of axioms. The first formal axiomatic treatment of geometry was compiled by Euclid, who was a Greek. Hence, the association of geometry with Greece, rather than other locations where geometry was used in a practical way.

Obviously racism exists and civil rights advocates do important work. They do lose credibility, however, in instances like this where they go to far and try to manufacture racism where none exists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh