U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 08:56 AM
gg gg started this thread

24,858 posts, read 23,605,310 times

Advertisements

Looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

PennDOT to unveil redesign of Route 28-Highland Park Bridge interchange Tuesday | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 09:01 AM

14,083 posts, read 15,496,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
On a personal note, the Route 28 redesign might cause my mother in Aspinwall to lose her condo, as her building is right next to the highway, and expansion could result in the state using eminent domain to seize their property.

My mother is actually hoping that if it takes place, they just buy the whole complex out. There's a possibility they'll just take the parking area, which will leave the 26-unit complex without enough off-street parking - plus Aspinwall no longer allows parking on the street that fronts the complex. So she'd still have her condo, but the unit might be unsaleable.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
On a personal note, the Route 28 redesign might cause my mother in Aspinwall to lose her condo, as her building is right next to the highway, and expansion could result in the state using eminent domain to seize their property.

My mother is actually hoping that if it takes place, they just buy the whole complex out. There's a possibility they'll just take the parking area, which will leave the 26-unit complex without enough off-street parking - plus Aspinwall no longer allows parking on the street that fronts the complex. So she'd still have her condo, but the unit might be unsaleable.
Wow, that is a twist I knew nothing about. Hope it works out for her. I don't know much about the plan. Hope the bridge can stay open for most of it. Sure will be crazy for a while around there, but it is needed. Will you find out tonight what will happen to the condo?

Old 12-12-2017, 09:12 AM

14,083 posts, read 15,496,242 times
Quote:
Wow, that is a twist I knew nothing about. Hope it works out for her. I don't know much about the plan. Hope the bridge can stay open for most of it. Sure will be crazy for a while around there, but it is needed. Will you find out tonight what will happen to the condo?
I think she's supposed to attend the meeting in O'Hara. If not I'm sure one of her neighbors will report on it to her.

She lives in the small complex at the corner of Delafield and 4th Street, right by the offramp. When we go over to her place to visit, we usually park directly under Route 28.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
I think she's supposed to attend the meeting in O'Hara. If not I'm sure one of her neighbors will report on it to her.

She lives in the small complex at the corner of Delafield and 4th Street, right by the offramp. When we go over to her place to visit, we usually park directly under Route 28.
I had no idea that this project could effect that building or parking? Wow, I wish I could attend the meeting. I hope a news team will be there to get an understanding of it. I like that little complex where your mother lives. What a great location and so well kept. Guess the next few days will be interesting regarding this project. Please report back on anything you here. Thanks.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:08 AM

4,215 posts, read 4,542,034 times
Quote:

I'm not sure how an apartment complex nearly a mile away would be affected by this project....

Old 12-12-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
I'm not sure how an apartment complex nearly a mile away would be affected by this project....
If you read the article, it does say it will involve all the way to the Delafield exit which is right were the apartment is. This is going to be a wild ride for sure. Wish I could attend. Oh well.

Old 12-12-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
If you read the article, it does say it will involve all the way to the Delafield exit which is right were the apartment is. This is going to be a wild ride for sure. Wish I could attend. Oh well.
I can assure you and eschaton it will not affect the delafield interchange. It would be out of the scope of work, plus $59 million isn't enough to widen that entire section of 28

http://www.penndot.gov/about-us/Page...ding-Plan.aspx

Old 12-12-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
I can assure you and eschaton it will not affect the delafield interchange. It would be out of the scope of work, plus $59 million isn't enough to widen that entire section of 28
I was thinking about the $59 million budget for the project and didn't think that was much considering all the waste in government jobs like this. Probably going to be pretty minimalistic. You sure sound confident though. Are you an insider? Says it would start in 2020 and go for about two years. Will be interesting. Wonder if the Highland Park Bridge would stay open during construction?

Old 12-12-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
I was thinking about the $59 million budget for the project and didn't think that was much considering all the waste in government jobs like this. Probably going to be pretty minimalistic. You sure sound confident though. Are you an insider? Says it would start in 2020 and go for about two years. Will be interesting. Wonder if the Highland Park Bridge would stay open during construction?
I'm a civil engineer so yes I am an insider. I know some guys working on this job. Government waste? Not here, if anything collusion by construction companies rising construction costs.

It will, but it will no doubt have restrictions (as well as 28).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh