Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2017, 03:14 PM

54 posts, read 95,288 times

Advertisements

My husband and his sisters inherited a small plot of land in a residential neighborhood in Cheswick, PA. The house was razed, and back taxes of $4,500 are owed. The next door neighbor is looking to pay the back taxes in order to own the property. The lot size is 7,148 square feet.

My husband and his sisters are not interested in building on the lot or owning the property, so they are letting it go.

Just curious about what others might do in this situation.

Thanks for any input you may give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 03:28 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,389,024 times
I would contact a realtor and see if there is any value in the land, if not let it go.

Old 12-31-2017, 05:31 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
I am going to guess it is worth more than back taxes. I would call an agent that is familiar with land in Cheswick. Just do a search on Zillow, see who has the most homes listed and call that agent. I know Century 21 is up there.

If you are letting go at that price, I might make you an offer myself to be honest. There was a home on it, so it can support a home. What is it zoned? If only residential it is worth a little less, but where is it?

Shoot me a PM if you want. I sold real estate for 20+ years. Cheswick is doing pretty well right now to be honest.

Old 12-31-2017, 05:34 PM

54 posts, read 95,288 times
The property is on Linden Street. It is residential.

Thank you for your input. I appreciate it.

Old 12-31-2017, 05:44 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eileenclaire View Post
My husband and his sisters inherited a small plot of land in a residential neighborhood in Cheswick, PA. The house was razed, and back taxes of $4,500 are owed. The next door neighbor is looking to pay the back taxes in order to own the property. The lot size is 7,148 square feet.

My husband and his sisters are not interested in building on the lot or owning the property, so they are letting it go.

Just curious about what others might do in this situation.

Thanks for any input you may give.
It definitely has value to your neighbor and possibly more value to them than anyone else. I know I’d pay up for more land to make my property larger and keep someone from possibly building right next to me. Contact a realtor to find out what it’s worth and possibly work out a deal with your neighbor or someone else.

Old 12-31-2017, 06:15 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eileenclaire View Post
The property is on Linden Street. It is residential.

Thank you for your input. I appreciate it.
That is a good street. I hardly think back taxes would be a fair deal for you. I wouldn't give it away. Linden is in a better area up on the hill a bit and some of the lots have alley access in the rear for a detached garage, which would be more valuable, because you could build wider without a driveway. I have a hard time believing it would be worth so little. If you would like, you can PM me the address. Up to you. I might be able to figure it out, but there are a few possibilities it seems as I look at the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh