Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2008, 08:13 PM

88 posts, read 246,977 times

Advertisements

Anyone familiar with Parker St.Duquesne?Is this a decent neighborhood?
Is this a flood zone?Would appreciate any info.,both good and bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 08:20 AM

1,853 posts, read 9,686,160 times
Download Google Earth. Activate the show road names feature. Up in the search bar type in Parker street Duquesne, Pa. See how it shows up all green and pretty? Follow Parker St. to the left. See where it dead ends into a cemetary? Now back up one block where it says Kahler Street. My sister owned all four houses on that corner. One day, she and her husband packed up their family and moved away. They didn't even bother to sell those houses. That's how bad Duquesne is. Flooding isn't a problem.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:45 PM

Thank you so much South Range Family.Maybe I'll check into north central wv.
I am presently in NM and looking to move back to the northeast to be closer to my granddaughter.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:49 AM

22,569 posts, read 47,633,000 times
Parker St. Duquesne OR north central wv???

Those can't be the only two options....
There are a whole lot of places in between!

Where is your granddaughter?

Old 03-28-2008, 10:24 AM

Granddaughter lives in orange county,ny but there is no way I can afford to live in ny again.I am looking to get the most for my buck.wv property taxes are not bad and I just want to be able to be within a days drive.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:55 PM

9 posts, read 30,537 times
My husband grew up on the hill. His grandfather built the house for his family. We still own it. We love that house but had to move for our jobs. It is rented out to a bunch of young guys right now. The area isn't in the news all the time like others. It is just very depressed. That area was full of people from the mills. The mills are long gone. Alot of the older people are moving off with family or .. well. .you know. It isn't very loud up on the hill and the houses are big and not very expensive. A family accross the street are selling for 30,000.00
Good luck.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,219 times
I realize this is comming to you a little late ffrom your post. And I hope you and your family are doing well. I wanted to give you my comment about Parker Street In Duquesne. This is an old Mill town, like many said this town was very rich in culture but no matter wat the ethnicitty, I think many did not like or could except the black people. No matter how nice they may be. many connect them with crime in Duquesne but it can come from any one black or white. after your 2006 post, I actually Bought a house on Parker Street in 2007. A cute lil 1920 brick bungalow. This street is a dead end street and very quiet. it is not near a cemetary like one post said, it is close to one but dose not dead end to it. many people in the area are very nice and just trying to get by and make ends meat like the next guy or gal. There is a nicer older lady across the street on city council. she dosnt let anything bad go unnoticed on the street and she is well knonw, wich makes the street even safer, with extra police coverage keeping most riff raff away. It is a nice street with only a few houses most of witch are empty and need some luv to fill them and take care of them. I think if no matter where you live, if your good, and you make it known your good,evil should leave you alone all types of evil exspecially the kind that decays out neighborhoods. I hope you found a nice place to live and if your still looking, take a look at parker street. there are 3 houses empty at the moment all of wich can be fixed or even built on top. Im shore you'd find Id make a great neighbor. God bless.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:20 AM

1,853 posts, read 9,686,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESIGNERGUY2010 View Post
I realize this is comming to you a little late ffrom your post. And I hope you and your family are doing well. I wanted to give you my comment about Parker Street In Duquesne. This is an old Mill town, like many said this town was very rich in culture but no matter wat the ethnicitty, I think many did not like or could except the black people. No matter how nice they may be. many connect them with crime in Duquesne but it can come from any one black or white. after your 2006 post, I actually Bought a house on Parker Street in 2007. A cute lil 1920 brick bungalow. This street is a dead end street and very quiet. it is not near a cemetary like one post said, it is close to one but dose not dead end to it. many people in the area are very nice and just trying to get by and make ends meat like the next guy or gal. There is a nicer older lady across the street on city council. she dosnt let anything bad go unnoticed on the street and she is well knonw, wich makes the street even safer, with extra police coverage keeping most riff raff away. It is a nice street with only a few houses most of witch are empty and need some luv to fill them and take care of them. I think if no matter where you live, if your good, and you make it known your good,evil should leave you alone all types of evil exspecially the kind that decays out neighborhoods. I hope you found a nice place to live and if your still looking, take a look at parker street. there are 3 houses empty at the moment all of wich can be fixed or even built on top. Im shore you'd find Id make a great neighbor. God bless.
When this thread was originally started, Google maps showed parker street being overlayed with Savey street. Savey street is what runs into the cemetary, and Duquesne is still a terrible place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh