Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 02:07 PM

755 posts, read 465,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
The emissions coming from the plant are to have no effect on air quality. Until proven otherwise, accusations against that aren’t valid.
You're right. A robust regulatory framework will determine that. Living in a universe where the laws of conservation of matter apply, the composition of the air and water just might (maybe?) be changed from one side of the fence to the other when used as a throughput in an industrial process.

Old 12-18-2018, 05:21 PM

1,491 posts, read 1,447,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Probably not. Nor is Pittsburgh going to be the next "Silicon Valley". In point of fact, no city is going to be the next SV. SV is a unique place of its own.
did I ever say it was?

Old 12-18-2018, 06:09 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,219,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jea6321 View Post
did I ever say it was?
(Re: Pittsburgh being the next Silicon Valley)

No, but others on this forum have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdv8 View Post
Good news for Pittsburgh. I like this growth, it's helping to build-out some areas that have been surface lots and the character of the city isn't changing too much. Next year Apple will probably lease their own new building like Facebook is doing.

The job creation is actually in the city, the part of metro that actually matters. Apple and Facebook aren't dumping pollutants into western PA's air and water, another plus.

Who cares about some plastic plant down river that will come on line with a pittance of the jobs that tech naturally creates over that same time.
I agree with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghaccuweather View Post
The pipe dream of Pittsburgh being some important tech Mecca continues. Wake me up when this actually happens.
This has been discussed on this forum for ages.

Old 12-19-2018, 01:28 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,694,184 times
Enough of this. This thread is completely out of control. Trolling, accusing of trolling (which is also trolling btw!), race baiting, this thread truly has it all. If you guys really do not know how to keep it civil and not break the TOS, hopefully the infractions will help.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh