Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 11:44 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,892,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
If Trump wouldn't have come, then the same Progressives who did villify the fact that came would be banging on saying that Trump doesn't care, he doesn't stand against anti-Semitism, he enables bigotry and white supremacy, etc, etc, ad nauseam.
If he wanted to "stand against anti-Semitism," he could just have sent Javanka, and not made the whole thing about him. I'm not a progressive, btw. Nor even a liberal anymore, according to how those sects now define themselves.

How many memorials that followed these other mass shootings in the US did he attend?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...States_in_2018

Old 02-03-2019, 12:03 PM

527 posts, read 319,956 times
Quote:
If he wanted to "stand against anti-Semitism," he could just have sent Javanka, and not made the whole thing about him. I'm not a progressive, btw. Nor even a liberal anymore, according to how those sects now define themselves.

How many memorials that followed these other mass shootings in the US did he attend?

Bingo.

Old 02-03-2019, 12:05 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickms View Post
Bingo.
Except it wouldn’t have been enough. If he didn’t show up the whining would have never ended.

Old 02-03-2019, 12:11 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,892,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Except it wouldn’t have been enough. If he didn’t show up the whining would have never ended.
Who would have whined about his not showing up? Not I. Would you? It didn't occur to me until the day of that he was even thinking of it.

Old 02-03-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Who would have whined about his not showing up? Not I. Would you? It didn't occur to me until the day of that he was even thinking of it.
I wouldn’t have.

Most of the same people complaining that he did show up. It’s a lose lose scenario.

Old 02-03-2019, 12:36 PM

387 posts, read 471,106 times
I am a city resident.
I am not pleased with Peduto, it's a laundry list of things I am unhappy with.
I could go on with a long ranting post, & I know MANY city residents that are not a part of this forum, who do not post online, older citizens who've been here lifelong who fully agree with me. Inner city residents all of them. This forum doesn't represent the full voice of all residents of COP so I'll skip most of it & just sum it up as short as I can.

Initially, I was happy & very hopeful to have him, thrilled actually, as were many of my friends/coworkers/neighbors.
Now all I can say is that I am not only disappointed, but disgusted, & I am not alone.

Personally, I do not feel he is representing equally the interests of the older life long working class residents, let alone retired citizens.
It seems he just wants to push the working class people out, & seek & cater to newer residents, & new $$, while ignoring entire sections of the city as if they do not exist.
There's not much 'boots on the ground' action from him where it needs to be, such as addressing crime & blight in inner city neighborhoods, or lack of police response, or news coverage.
He likes to talk, & loves attention, but doesn't like to get his hands dirty with REAL ISSUES at their root, it's too difficult for him IMHO. He's not a worker, he's a talker. Above all, he's a politician with an agenda that does not reflect the interests of much of the population that voted him in.
Now he wants to tramp on our constitutional rights, when I live in a city neighborhood with poor police response, despite being a block away from the police station.
The gunfire I hear on a regular basis is NOT coming from law abiding citizens with CCW, or law abiding citizens with legally obtained guns to protect their homes, but no CCW. Nothing on his newest gun agenda changes that FACT.

But hey, I'm just a city resident, a home owner who pays city taxes.
In the past few years: there was a home invasion next door to me, 2 or 3 people shot on my street, on 3 different occasions, A drug raid across the street which resulted in the person coming out laughing in the street about how the officers missed the roaches in the ashtray & got nothing....no arrests, my parked car, & my neighbors parked car was totaled in a drive by shooting, a house burned to the ground by an arsonist across the street (the same house as the failed drug raid), a young (too young for ccw)family member and her friend were robbed, they held a gun to her head, for $1.35m her flip phone & a bag of potato chips in Grandview Park, another drug raid, at the entrance of Grandview park, replete with flash grenade, apparently crystal meth was recovered. Grandview Elementary School was never notified that there was anything out of the ordinary, and the playground abuts that property...
2 separate DOA overdoses that we know of (heroin from what we could hear from the officers), a few doors from the elementary school.
Most of what goes on in my neighborhood, Allentown, NEVER makes the news. It takes police 45 min to an hour to respond, ***IF THEY RESPOND AT ALL*** There have been times they have been called, showed up over an hour later, picked up bullet shells off the street & just left.
This list IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE, it's just off the top of my head.

Instead of attempting to infringe on constitutional rights of law abiding citizens, who only want to protect themselves,
we need better trained police, more police, boots on the ground, regular beat cops, REAL efforts to work on the city from the inside out, a different 911 protocol. More drug taskforce, instead of just dressing up the city for appearance sake. We need someone who will actually get their hands dirty and change our city for real, not someone who pretends the issues do not exist.

*I do want to add though-as tragic as this all is, & don't take it the wrong way, my block is a little 'quieter' now.
Not because the city mayor Peduto has done anything. It is because little chunk of our population who were involved with drugs & related crimes are dead, by their own involvement, & a drug house was burnt down. Innocent people have been hurt & deeply affected. This is not the type of change any of us wanted. Criminal retaliations & lack of law enforcement renders the population powerless.

My vote is not for Peduto, & I am not alone.
Just because you do not see it online in social media doesn't mean we aren't here.

Sigh. This was the shortest I could do without going into details.

Last edited by Catia; 02-03-2019 at 01:02 PM..

Old 02-03-2019, 12:51 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,900,053 times
^ Do you think things may change under Coghill's representation, instead of Rudiak's? Have you noticed any difference?

Old 02-03-2019, 01:00 PM

527 posts, read 319,956 times
Quote:

Oh so now the excuses evolve... again.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickms View Post
Oh so now the excuses evolve... again.
Perfect example that the excuses haven’t stopped since it happened. The whining continues and will continue.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:09 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Catia again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh