U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM

5,014 posts, read 4,266,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
Honestly what is the point of this post then? Doesn't sound like a good place to work, i am guessing they will look for a reason to let your son go to cover there mistake.
The point of this post is to let people aware that appearances are still alive and well in Pittsburgh and of course probably all over the world. This is in your backyard where people let an under age kid basically save th life of another underage kid while managers were jut looking and doing absolutely nothing, even th GM stood there and did nothing. Would they prefer to have a dead kid on their hands? By the way, the kid is ok now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM

1,419 posts, read 861,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Thank yOh. My question is why a banquet person who is 19 had to go above th call of his job and the managers who should be responsible failed in their job.i would love to name th club but my son went into ore this morning at his usual time so I donít want any backlash for him.
Because you're dealing with rich people in a parochial area with a culture of deference to authority. You know what this region is like, you know how your kid's football team took a crap on him regarding his National Guard duty, etc, etc.

Shouting into the wind is just wasting your breath.
If you actually want stuff to change, file an anonymous complaint with the Bureau of Liquor Control: https://www.psp.pa.gov/LCE/Pages/rep...violation.aspx
If the cops and ambulance were there, reports should exist for the state to pull for its investigation.
And things will change at that club if its liquor license is jeopardized.

If you want change to ensure safety, stop shouting into the wind on city-data (without even naming the club) and file a report with the relevant authorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Is there someone up the food chain in management that he could speak to without getting into trouble? Not to throw anyone under the bus or point fingers (which makes people defensive and could have repercussions for him) but to clearly state that this happened, it was emotionally fraught and perhaps not handled efficiently, what should we do in the future if something similar happens? "I just want to do right by the club, sir/ma'am."
Yeah - that'll go about as well as reporting up the chain did in the Catholic Church. It'll just be swept under the rug, in order to protect the institution. You think anyone in management is gonna 'do the right thing' after how management did things this time? **** won't change until someone's hit in the pocketbook or is wearing handcuffs.

Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM

107 posts, read 64,715 times
Ah, so the point of your post is another post to generalize how the people of western pa suck.

Old Yesterday, 10:23 AM

22,602 posts, read 24,191,613 times
Well, the 19-year-old and/or his parents could certainly take to social media or press charges. The country club is negligent for allowing an underage employee to become highly intoxicated and sending him off with a drunk driver. Depends on what the desired outcome is. Just letting us know that people are unethical and don't take responsibility is not news, we see it every day (see: Jeffrey Epstein, Penn State, etc.)

Last edited by fleetiebelle; Yesterday at 10:37 AM..

Old Yesterday, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
Because you're dealing with rich people in a parochial area with a culture of deference to authority. You know what this region is like, you know how your kid's football team took a crap on him regarding his National Guard duty, etc, etc.

Shouting into the wind is just wasting your breath.
If you actually want stuff to change, file an anonymous complaint with the Bureau of Liquor Control: https://www.psp.pa.gov/LCE/Pages/rep...violation.aspx
If the cops and ambulance were there, reports should exist for the state to pull for its investigation.
And things will change at that club if its liquor license is jeopardized.

If you want change to ensure safety, stop shouting into the wind on city-data (without even naming the club) and file a report with the relevant authorities.

Yeah - that'll go about as well as reporting up the chain did in the Catholic Church. It'll just be swept under the rug, in order to protect the institution. You think anyone in management is gonna 'do the right thing' after how management did things this time? **** won't change until someone's hit in the pocketbook or is wearing handcuffs.

Complaint filed today. Thank yOu for the info. I just didnít know where to start.

Old Yesterday, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plink View Post
Ah, so the point of your post is another post to generalize how the people of western pa suck.
No. I never said they suck. Many people in western pa are decent hard working people. Yes, I have written a few times about some of the people that are into appearances and our dealings with them.

Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM

1,419 posts, read 861,181 times
Quote:
Complaint filed today. Thank yOu for the info. I just didnít know where to start.
You're welcome.

Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM

80 posts, read 25,637 times
i can not understand why the asst. manager or the Gen manager did not do any thing. the bar tender should b fired. reads like a wedding rec. at the club. poster called it a golf club. well there are only a few "golf clubs" in the Pittsburgh area. rest are country clubs. giving drinks to underage kid. and how many other employees were drinking? i have worked in the clubs in pittsburgh for 40 years. my dad was a club manager. and i will mention the clubs we worked at. one is leveled and one is now a housing plan. now this question. was the drunk kid a members son? or related to a member?
halocheffer aka chef

Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halocheffer View Post
i can not understand why the asst. manager or the Gen manager did not do any thing. the bar tender should b fired. reads like a wedding rec. at the club. poster called it a golf club. well there are only a few "golf clubs" in the Pittsburgh area. rest are country clubs. giving drinks to underage kid. and how many other employees were drinking? i have worked in the clubs in pittsburgh for 40 years. my dad was a club manager. and i will mention the clubs we worked at. one is leveled and one is now a housing plan. now this question. was the drunk kid a members son? or related to a member?
halocheffer aka chef
The kid was a worker just like my son. It maybe a country club, I donít know the difference. It was not a wedding or the kid was not a members son at all. There was a function there all weekend and last night was I guess a big night.
The general manager just stood there and watched. There were a few other managers, all over probably 25 and thy did nothing either. Not one of them did anything at all. Thy didnít even ambulance called because they said the members would find out.

Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM

80 posts, read 25,637 times
Quote:
The kid was a worker just like my son. It maybe a country club, I donít know the difference. It was not a wedding or the kid was not a members son at all. There was a function there all weekend and last night was I guess a big night.
The general manager just stood there and watched. There were a few other managers, all over probably 25 and thy did nothing either. Not one of them did anything at all. Thy didnít even ambulance called because they said the members would find out.
there is something wrong there. i have never viewed a situation like this. a underage kid passes out from too much to drink from a employee bartender????? and it sounds like it was a club invational where members invite other people to view the club and play golf.. a 2-3 day event. i have viewed employees drink on the job but nothing like this. one fellow who worked for me cut the heck out of his finger cause he was loaded. got his drinks from the bartender and guess who ate good? the bartender.
something is wrong there at that club. could lose there liquor license for that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or