U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 06:55 PM

37 posts, read 9,370 times

Advertisements

Look at where she lives and posts about and it becomes very clear what this “decent” golf club is.

Very likely we are talking about Nevillewood here, especially when reputation etc is mentioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2019, 07:02 PM

5,017 posts, read 4,278,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
We only know what some kid told his mom. Missing a ton of information to render a real opinion. Need to hear all sides of the story. Of course it is a golf club, so jealous people want to assume. Who knows what happened really.
Really, how would you be if your son called you at midnight bawling his heart out repeating, he was just a 19 year old kid and nobody helped him, none of the managers helped or did anything. He is someone’s son, brother etc and nobody helped him. My son was incredulous that this kid was treated like a piece of meat and he as the only one who did anything. Th club wanted to get the problem out of there and have no liability at all. As of tonight, the club are making sure everyone that serves drink is certified to cut people off. Most of the managers thanked my son for doing what he did today. the kid who lied about the age may get fired.
What othEr information do you need?

Old 07-25-2019, 06:53 PM

So the Barman got fired. None of the members who gave the kid got punished. The staff who serve alcohol did their ramp certification first thing on Tuesday and nothing happened to the managers. And the kid who drank was still at work today. The managers all said thank you to to my son. The GM wanted to know if My son and he were still cool. My son even apologized to the GM for cursing at him.

Old 07-26-2019, 05:55 AM

44 posts, read 18,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Really, how would you be if your son called you at midnight bawling his heart out repeating, he was just a 19 year old kid and nobody helped him, none of the managers helped or did anything. He is someone’s son, brother etc and nobody helped him. My son was incredulous that this kid was treated like a piece of meat and he as the only one who did anything. Th club wanted to get the problem out of there and have no liability at all. As of tonight, the club are making sure everyone that serves drink is certified to cut people off. Most of the managers thanked my son for doing what he did today. the kid who lied about the age may get fired.
What othEr information do you need?
Sounds like a really bad place. Thanks for keeping these people safe by not telling us where it occurred.

Old 07-26-2019, 06:29 AM

1,432 posts, read 865,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
So the Barman got fired. None of the members who gave the kid got punished. The staff who serve alcohol did their ramp certification first thing on Tuesday and nothing happened to the managers. And the kid who drank was still at work today. The managers all said thank you to to my son. The GM wanted to know if My son and he were still cool. My son even apologized to the GM for cursing at him.
I don't think that your son has anything to apologize for. They endangered someone's life. He used profanity. It seems strong language was in order.

Hopefully your son will find a better job working for more ethical people.

Unfortunately the RAMP certification may be to cover the club's ay-ess-ess instead of being altruistic. If enough alcohol-serving staff is RAMP certified, penalties for liquor violations are reduced. I know that as I served on the Board of a private social club that had a liquor license.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
I don't think that your son has anything to apologize for. They endangered someone's life. He used profanity. It seems strong language was in order.

Unfortunately the RAMP certification may be to cover the club's ay-ess-ess instead of being altruistic. If enough alcohol-serving staff is RAMP certified, penalties for liquor violations are reduced. I know that as I served on the Board of a private social club that had a liquor license.
Definitely an ass covering situation without a doubt. Event h members who gave this kid th drink denied it all.

Old 07-27-2019, 07:03 AM

7,358 posts, read 3,792,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
I question the sanity of anyone who golf without liquor
I played better smoking weed.

Old 07-27-2019, 09:17 AM

320 posts, read 322,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post

^^^^^^
Exactly. RAMP is to cover the club.

However-all of the people who are now RAMP certed have the ability to shut someone off.
Actually, they did have this ability before as well, but they probably thought they did not have the authority to make the decision, or did not realize their responsibility, as most places never train the waitstaff about this.

There is *always* preferential treatment of regular BIG spenders, & of course, definitely preferential treatment of customers who are friends of the owner or mgmt., so for them it will be business as usual.

As for the kid using profanity, it was truly a WTF moment.
We are talking about a bar here.
Bur this is an atmosphere with drunk people, with SPECIAL privilges, because it is a private club.

Regardless of how it is dressed up under the guise of "a private membership club", it's really just a bar.

In case you did not know, I'll break it down:
"private membership club" really just means a bar with extra amenities, funded by people who pay big $$ for PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT.
That is the whole purpose of the club, exclusion of the 'others' who are not members.
The 'who gets treated more special' directly correlates to the flowing of the pocketbook.

This literally means they need to be babysat more.
(.i.e:catered to)
They paid for their entitlement to receive that preferential treatment, it is part of the membership agreement.
Of course, this is all worded much more eloquently, in their membership & privileges contract, because, well, it must be 'special' & the unreality is being bought & paid for.

Old Yesterday, 01:14 PM

83 posts, read 26,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catia View Post
^^^^^^
Exactly. RAMP is to cover the club.

However-all of the people who are now RAMP certed have the ability to shut someone off.
Actually, they did have this ability before as well, but they probably thought they did not have the authority to make the decision, or did not realize their responsibility, as most places never train the waitstaff about this.

There is *always* preferential treatment of regular BIG spenders, & of course, definitely preferential treatment of customers who are friends of the owner or mgmt., so for them it will be business as usual.

As for the kid using profanity, it was truly a WTF moment.
We are talking about a bar here.
Bur this is an atmosphere with drunk people, with SPECIAL privilges, because it is a private club.

Regardless of how it is dressed up under the guise of "a private membership club", it's really just a bar.

In case you did not know, I'll break it down:
"private membership club" really just means a bar with extra amenities, funded by people who pay big $$ for PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT.
That is the whole purpose of the club, exclusion of the 'others' who are not members.
The 'who gets treated more special' directly correlates to the flowing of the pocketbook.

This literally means they need to be babysat more.
(.i.e:catered to)
They paid for their entitlement to receive that preferential treatment, it is part of the membership agreement.
Of course, this is all worded much more eloquently, in their membership & privileges contract, because, well, it must be 'special' & the unreality is being bought & paid for.
some what correct. but not just a bar. there is a golf course that is called plush and challenging compared to public courses and then there is the restaurant that is supposed to b a 4 star so members can bring guests.and have a nice place to eat and along with member parties eg baby and wedding showes. card parties fashion shows. being a member means the rental charge will not be charged. like a outside wedding. most have swimming pools that are not crowed like public pools. and other sports. tennis with some. swim meets between clubs

Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM

83 posts, read 26,429 times
i am a bit confused. is the poster saying that members gave this kid drinks???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or