Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 07:56 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,771,612 times

Advertisements

I won’t name any names here but my son works in a decent golf club in th Pittsburgh area. Last night another kid who is 19 and works there was served so much alcohol that he passed out. As my son is strong, he was asked to move the kid into the car so someone could drive him home. The driver was also drunk. Well they couldn’t move the kid so my son asked someone to call an ambulance. He had to ask a few times. Nobody asked if ther was a doctor in the house as they didn’t want the members to know. The kid then started puking and my son who is also 19, knew enough to roll him over o his side, asked him his name, address etc. someone as blocking the way and my son demanded that he move so the ambulance could get in. Th kid we brought to th hospital to be pumped.

Not one manager who were all on duty said one thing.nobody knew what to do, and after th kid was removed, thy all went to their offices and told the staff not to report this in th neighborhood. My son was absolutely furious that nobody stepped up and took care of this kid. I don’t care about th liability, they were completely wrong and did nothing for this kid incase the club got a bad reputation. One manager actually went home during th incident. I guess my son cursed and the GM told him to watch his mouth. Really : my kid was th one who probably saved this kids life and you are worried about appearances. After the kid was in thE ambulance, my kid went to th cops, asked if they had all th info and told them to take good care of the kid. They wanted to bring th kid home to his house and leave him there to possibly die from alcohol poisoning but on someone else’s property.
But save th clubs reputation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2019, 08:16 AM

433 posts, read 284,839 times
That's too bad, management doesn't appear to be very responsible. That being said, the drunk kid is also responsible. Who thinks it's okay to drink on the job?

I'm glad your son was responsible. I didn't realize a hospital would pump someone out that drank too much and got sick.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor Face View Post
That's too bad, management doesn't appear to be very responsible. That being said, the drunk kid is also responsible. Who thinks it's okay to drink on the job?

I'm glad your son was responsible. I didn't realize a hospital would pump someone out that drank too much and got sick.
The kid was off duty and someone told the Barman that he was over 21. He had been working since 6:30am as was my kid. The kid had about 20 shots in a small amount of time and goodness knows what else. They ant d to drive him home and of course the driver was drunk also. Yes, a hospital will pump as they done know what else is in your system and also they don’t know how much they puked up.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:53 AM

29,677 posts, read 34,206,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
The kid was off duty and someone told the Barman that he was over 21. He had been working since 6:30am as was my kid. The kid had about 20 shots in a small amount of time and goodness knows what else. They ant d to drive him home and of course the driver was drunk also. Yes, a hospital will pump as they done know what else is in your system and also they don’t know how much they puked up.
I hope the bartender who served someone 20 shots in a short period of time will be held accountable. Covering things up and throwing money at it seems to be the SOP for many in the country club set.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:04 AM

6,357 posts, read 5,025,234 times
Dorothy, you've been here how long now? Don't you know how people here can at time, and within some scenes (this being the drinking, betting, and sports culture, unofficially) are usually idiots?

People are just ugly. Desensitized. So used to excessive behaviour (drinking beyond excess, lewdness, quick ness to a level of hostility) that the caution and care that was not exercised is, well, not their bother.

But you are right. Your alarm at this, being a mother, comes through loud and clear in your post.

But I am not shocked, frankly, at any of this: a minor being served, being OVERLY served, the minor continuing to imbibe of his own choice (up to a point), the lack of coordination between these people to help the kid, the frantic buzz to keep this under wraps....

Now, get off my lawn!

edit: you raised a good kid.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:24 AM

3,592 posts, read 3,366,093 times
Why not name the club?

Old 07-21-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
Dorothy, you've been here how long now? Don't you know how people here can at time, and within some scenes (this being the drinking, betting, and sports culture, unofficially) are usually idiots?

People are just ugly. Desensitized. So used to excessive behaviour (drinking beyond excess, lewdness, quick ness to a level of hostility) that the caution and care that was not exercised is, well, not their bother.

But you are right. Your alarm at this, being a mother, comes through loud and clear in your post.

But I am not shocked, frankly, at any of this: a minor being served, being OVERLY served, the minor continuing to imbibe of his own choice (up to a point), the lack of coordination between these people to help the kid, the frantic buzz to keep this under wraps....

Now, get off my lawn!

edit: you raised a good kid.
Thank yOh. My question is why a banquet person who is 19 had to go above th call of his job and the managers who should be responsible failed in their job.i would love to name th club but my son went into ore this morning at his usual time so I don’t want any backlash for him.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
Why not name the club?
Because my son still works there and I don’t want any backlash for him.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:47 AM

29,677 posts, read 34,206,026 times
Quote:
Thank yOh. My question is why a banquet person who is 19 had to go above th call of his job and the managers who should be responsible failed in their job.i would love to name th club but my son went into ore this morning at his usual time so I don’t want any backlash for him.
Is there someone up the food chain in management that he could speak to without getting into trouble? Not to throw anyone under the bus or point fingers (which makes people defensive and could have repercussions for him) but to clearly state that this happened, it was emotionally fraught and perhaps not handled efficiently, what should we do in the future if something similar happens? "I just want to do right by the club, sir/ma'am."

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 07-21-2019 at 10:02 AM..

Old 07-21-2019, 09:54 AM

3,592 posts, read 3,366,093 times
Quote:
Because my son still works there and I don’t want any backlash for him.
Honestly what is the point of this post then? Doesn't sound like a good place to work, i am guessing they will look for a reason to let your son go to cover there mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh