U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 07:58 AM

1,188 posts, read 635,423 times

Advertisements

I love Dormont and I'm all for improving neighborhoods and such but a flipper buying this last year for $67k and having the audacity to sell it one year later for $250k more does nobody any good. It's insanely overpriced. And these are the guys illegally nailing yellow signs to telephone poles "We Buy Any House". Ridiculous. Keep tearing 'em down.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...iew=qv#photo23
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 08:22 AM

5,966 posts, read 7,104,820 times
Yes, I pull down every one of those signs I can reach.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:22 AM

8,898 posts, read 5,517,519 times
What did it look like before?

How much money was put into the flip?

People aren’t allowed to make a profit?

Old 07-29-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
Yes, I pull down every one of those signs I can reach.
Why?

Nobody is forcing anyone to sell their house to them.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:08 AM

551 posts, read 211,169 times
Yeah I have to agree, why is this an issue? The home looks beautiful and appears to be a complete remodel. Open up an older home and they might have had to replace everything. Also it was noted termite treatment so they may have had to do structural. No one knows what they had to put into this home but those updates were not cheap. Aside from any of that if the home is not worth that much it will not sell and if someone is willing then it will need to appraise if there is a mortgage. If the builder overdid the home for the area then someone might get a wonderful home at a low price. If someone does buy and it appraises I still do not see it as bad per say, home values in general will go up for the area which is good for home owners and is basically reflecting that the area is more desirable. Sure if someone wants to rent those prices will go up and new buyers might not be able to get in there but still don't see it is a horrible thing.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:10 AM

^^^^
This

Old 07-29-2019, 09:12 AM

1,098 posts, read 939,718 times
OP, What do you think the place should sell for? Lets run the numbers to see if the economics make sense at what you believe is fair.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:12 AM

As for We Buy, yeah I dont love them. Not all bad but some do take advantage of people in bad situations, I cant say this was though. Some people need $ now and We Buy will be the quickest way which may or may not be the case. I had a client who had issues come up and needed to sell quick, they were promised 30 day cash and they did not want to risk listing. They ended up closing in about 60 days so in the end it was no quicker and they might have gotten another 10k+ for their home which is a big deal when you are having money issues.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:17 AM

1,098 posts, read 939,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
As for We Buy, yeah I dont love them. Not all bad but some do take advantage of people in bad situations, I cant say this was though. Some people need $ now and We Buy will be the quickest way which may or may not be the case. I had a client who had issues come up and needed to sell quick, they were promised 30 day cash and they did not want to risk listing. They ended up closing in about 60 days so in the end it was no quicker and they might have gotten another 10k+ for their home which is a big deal when you are having money issues.

A lot of people don't understand that most "we buy houses" signs are by people that don't actually buy houses. some do, but most are just wholesalers that have a network of investors that they know they can sell to at sightly higher price than what they offer. I personally think wholesaling should require a real estate license, but thats a completely different conversation.

at the end of the day, more people benefit by homes being improved and selling for higher prices than do if the homes sit in disrepair and the area stays stagnant.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:21 AM

So this home is under contract, not sure what the accepted price is but it is comparable.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...11571209_zpid/

Then you have this home for sale still, it is smaller but updated.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5...11652689_zpid/

I dont see the OP home as some crazy price, it is top end and not sure it would appraise or get offers. What they paid vs they are selling has no meaning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or