U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:42 AM
gg

17,981 posts, read 18,332,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
People who want to criminalize poverty are absolute trash.
Hard working people shouldn’t have to deal with these aggressive people all the time. The are on drugs and need long jail time to clean up. Best thing for them. Most have $1,000 smartphones anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:02 AM

2,190 posts, read 1,478,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
https://downtownpittsburgh.com/employment-trends/

It only goes thru 2015, probably because everyone left downtown and there is no one left to do the new survey.

lolz

Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM

13 posts, read 5,439 times
If you had one night in Pittsburgh where would you stay, Culture district or Strip?

Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM

2,718 posts, read 2,056,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobing View Post
Whats better in terms of nightlife, Culture district or Strip?
There isn’t much to do in the Strip these days, a few bars/restaurant bars. Downtown probably has more variety and concentration of bars. The Warren, I think Sixth Street and Liberty, is a good spot too for some good drinks.

Old Yesterday, 07:19 PM

1,896 posts, read 1,554,405 times
Quote:
If you had one night in Pittsburgh where would you stay, Culture district or Strip?
What is your idea of nightlife? I think the answer to this will help you narrow down between downtown and a few other neighborhoods.

Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM

13 posts, read 5,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsStanwix? View Post
What is your idea of nightlife? I think the answer to this will help you narrow down between downtown and a few other neighborhoods.
Basically I am coming on a Wednesday afternoon, staying the night, breaking up my trip on my way to visit my brother in Columbus. I know there is not much going on in a city on a Wednesday night. Originally I was thinking of the Culture District and still am, but I don't have to stay there if there is a better section of town. I guess by nightlife i mean having some drinks at some bars alone, have fun, safeish area (not too concerned with panhandlers have them in my area too), probably get back to my hotel 11 or 12ish.

Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM

8,800 posts, read 5,469,263 times
Quote:
Basically I am coming on a Wednesday afternoon, staying the night, breaking up my trip on my way to visit my brother in Columbus. I know there is not much going on in a city on a Wednesday night. Originally I was thinking of the Culture District and still am, but I don't have to stay there if there is a better section of town. I guess by nightlife i mean having some drinks at some bars alone, have fun, safeish area (not too concerned with panhandlers have them in my area too), probably get back to my hotel 11 or 12ish.
Wednesday night, I’d Uber to the Southside and find a place that suits you.

Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM

2,718 posts, read 2,056,898 times
Quote:
Downtown would work fine for that on a Wednesday. There is also a new hotel in Lawrenceville on 40th street and there are bars and restaurants in that area. You could also stay at the Ace in East Liberty, and there are a few bars/restaurants in that general area and you are also close to Shadyside. Finally, there are a few hotels in the South Side if you you want to try that out. Countless bars and will be quieter on a Wednesday, but it is very college oriented outside of a few places.

Old Today, 07:19 AM

22,681 posts, read 24,270,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
Downtown would work fine for that on a Wednesday. There is also a new hotel in Lawrenceville on 40th street and there are bars and restaurants in that area. You could also stay at the Ace in East Liberty, and there are a few bars/restaurants in that general area and you are also close to Shadyside. Finally, there are a few hotels in the South Side if you you want to try that out. Countless bars and will be quieter on a Wednesday, but it is very college oriented outside of a few places.
I was thinking that the new Tryp in Lawrenceville or the Ace or Indigo in East Liberty would be good choices as well. Cultural District and Strip are fine, but Lawrenceville and East Liberty are a little hipper and still very walkable and safe.

Old Today, 08:22 AM

5,951 posts, read 7,067,112 times
Quote:
Basically I am coming on a Wednesday afternoon, staying the night, breaking up my trip on my way to visit my brother in Columbus.

Now that Larry's has closed, there's no point in going out in Columbus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or