U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 04:14 PM

2,220 posts, read 1,495,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Are there sunny bars in other downtown areas? Bars, by their nature, are usually dark, especially if they're on the ground floor of a high rise downtown building. The only bar I can think of that's not uniformly dark as a bar is The Porch in Oakland.

Well I'm including bar areas in restaurants as well, and in fact that would be my preference over just a bar. There are many in other cities downtowns that I can think of, especially DC, but maybe the restricted building heights there make it a lot easier to have a sunny restaurant/bar. see my reference to Fogo de Chao above as the best example I've found, even though it faces north, haha. If it were on a southwest corner it would be great for me! not just me though, I think most people would prefer it. Maybe I am unusual for having this preference, or people just don't think about it. but my guess is most people prefer natural lighted places even if just subconscious

Last edited by _Buster; 08-04-2019 at 04:22 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 04:15 PM

5,974 posts, read 7,111,122 times
Honestly, heavy drinking isn't good for your skin tone. The dark isn't a good idea.

Old 08-04-2019, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
Honestly, heavy drinking isn't good for your skin tone. The dark isn't a good idea.

IDK, I've seen a lot of girls with great skin tone on carson st who can't even walk straight. man that place is crazy. was there recently for first time in a while, and expected it to be toned down based on what I read about other hoods becoming more popular, and universities being out for the summer.. it was wilder than I've ever seen it, and that is saying something. I can't think of another street in the US so crazy, although never been to NO. once they hit their 30s their skin tone is going to be a much different situation I think

Last edited by _Buster; 08-04-2019 at 04:42 PM..

Old 08-04-2019, 04:53 PM

8,904 posts, read 5,525,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Buster View Post
I would think the opposite - if people are feeling a lack of sun then they would want to prioritize it. It might be just not big enough of a factor and maybe the rents tend to be higher, IDK. I think I'm more concerned with atmosphere in a place than most people, so could be that it's just not a big factor.
People obviously arenít living in Pittsburgh if they desire a lot of sunshine.

If it was a factor, there would be many bars/restaurants capitalizing on it.

Old 08-04-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
People obviously arenít living in Pittsburgh if they desire a lot of sunshine.

If it was a factor, there would be many bars/restaurants capitalizing on it.

Maybe. Seattle has plenty of them though.

Old 08-04-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Maybe. Seattle has plenty of them though.
If there was enough $$$$ to be made, it would be prioritized.

Seattle has 2.5x the population of Pittsburgh. Obviously more bars/restaurants.

Old 08-04-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
If there was enough $$$$ to be made, it would be prioritized.

Seattle has 2.5x the population of Pittsburgh. Obviously more bars/restaurants.

The metro area is what matters though, not the city limits which are arbitrary. Seattle metro is a lot larger now, but its not 2x the size of Pittsburgh's metro. Although they obviously have a lot more money. Thinking about it, Baltimore does not have many of these either DT, if you leave out the inner harbor. so maybe Pittsburgh is not a complete oddball.

Old 08-04-2019, 05:19 PM

Quote:
The metro area is what matters though, not the city limits which are arbitrary. Seattle metro is a lot larger now, but its not 2x the size of Pittsburgh's metro. Although they obviously have a lot more money. Thinking about it, Baltimore does not have many of these either DT, if you leave out the inner harbor. so maybe Pittsburgh is not a complete oddball.
What’s the population of Seattle?

What’s the population of Pittsburgh?

It’s really simple. There’s more bars/restaurants so there’s going to be more sunny bars/restaurants.

Old 08-04-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Whatís the population of Seattle?

Whatís the population of Pittsburgh?

Itís really simple. Thereís more bars/restaurants so thereís going to be more sunny bars/restaurants.

Seattle metro is about 3.9 mil, Pgh metro about 2.35 mil. Its not really simple, there are plenty of restaurants/bars in DT Pgh but they almost all happen to be in places which do not get sun on a sunny day.. It is a statistical anomaly, but I'm wondering if its by chance or there is a good reason for it.

Old 08-04-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Seattle metro is about 3.9 mil, Pgh metro about 2.35 mil. Its not really simple, there are plenty of restaurants/bars in DT Pgh but they almost all happen to be in places which do not get sun on a sunny day.. It is a statistical anomaly, but I'm wondering if its by chance or there is a good reason for it.
Ok, Lol

Most everything about owning a bar/restaurant revolves around making money. If it was a priority in Pittsburgh there would be many of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or