U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 04:04 PM

8,995 posts, read 5,560,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post
the main problem with your takes is you pass off half-stats, and opinion as facts.

conner had 4 fumbles in 13 games. not great. bell, who apparently is the high point to compare to, only had 3 the year before. but 2016 he had 4 in 12 games.. if you were sinciere with your critiques you would have not wanted him around in 2017.

and yes conner is a pro bowl back. I mean you can keep saying hes not, but i watched it last year. He was there. In fact he was a starter. So not exactly one of those classic forum debates where either side could be right.
If fumbles were the only stat you might be right, but there’s that whole all purpose yards thing that made Bell a top back in the NFL. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...17/rushing.htm

Yep, nobody said he wasn’t there, however, if you’re going to use stats as a measurement, he didn’t deserve to be there compared to other backs in the league who were better. He got the good player/feel good story nomination.

Conner will always be an awesome story, but he’s not proven to be a great back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 04:11 PM

2,216 posts, read 3,086,144 times
It takes some luck to win it all. If not for one of the worst examples of clock management ever by Dan Quinn, and a brain cramp beyond belief by Pete Carroll, The Pats may have been looking for their first Lombardi since 2004 last year. Add to that, that with competent officiating in the NFC Championship Game, the Pats would have faced a much more formidable opponent in last year's Super Bowl. Is that luck? I'd say so. Conversely, the two best teams of the Belichick era came home empty handed. Luck does play a part. Hell, if the Houston Oilers hadn't knocked off the Chargers in the first round of the 1979 playoffs, the Super Stillers might have had 3 Lombardi Trophys instead of 4, as the Steelers never had a clue as to how to defend "Air Coryell".

Old 08-13-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herodotus View Post
It takes some luck to win it all. If not for one of the worst examples of clock management ever by Dan Quinn, and a brain cramp beyond belief by Pete Carroll, The Pats may have been looking for their first Lombardi since 2004 last year. Add to that, that with competent officiating in the NFC Championship Game, the Pats would have faced a much more formidable opponent in last year's Super Bowl. Is that luck? I'd say so. Conversely, the two best teams of the Belichick era came home empty handed. Luck does play a part. Hell, if the Houston Oilers hadn't knocked off the Chargers in the first round of the 1979 playoffs, the Super Stillers might have had 3 Lombardi Trophys instead of 4, as the Steelers never had a clue as to how to defend "Air Coryell".
Nobody said luck doesnít play a part, however, only 2 playoff game wins in 9 years trumps all of the rationalization youíre trying to use to defend Tomlin. His expiration date/shelf life has all but come to an end here unless he changes his philosophy, and the organization is feeling it also. If it not for he and Ben been on the same timeline, he likely wouldnít have even received a 1 year extension.

Old 08-13-2019, 05:49 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,168,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post

Yep, nobody said he wasnít there,.

Well...YOU did. But it was a whole 4 hours ago so as the wind blows so go your arguments

Old 08-13-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Well...YOU did. But it was a whole 4 hours ago so as the wind blows so go your arguments
I didn’t say he wasn’t there. I said: “...and Conner isn’t a Pro Bowl back. He’s a good back with a great story that unjustly got him into the Pro Bowl, and he can’t handle a big workload.”

He didn’t deserve to be a pro bowler and I provided stats that even those that Hail to Pitt players no matter what, can see he got the feel good nomination...but here’s some more. https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/pla...et-yards...and
and that’s not even all purpose yards, he wasn’t even a top back at the time he got nominated to the pro bowl.

Last edited by erieguy; 08-13-2019 at 06:21 PM..

Old 08-13-2019, 06:20 PM

i saw your handpicked stats. Fact is Bell has been pro for 6 years, 3 of those years he had more all purpose yards(your favorite stat) than JC did last year. 3 years he had less.

So according to your measurements I guess its a coin flip. I'll hang up and wait for your measuring stick to change.

Old 08-13-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
i saw your handpicked stats. Fact is Bell has been pro for 6 years, 3 of those years he had more all purpose yards(your favorite stat) than JC did last year. 3 years he had less.

So according to your measurements I guess its a coin flip. I'll hang up and wait for your measuring stick to change.
Handpicked stats? Lmao. Those are NFL running back stats from last year, and I didnít even post all purpose yards.

Itís funny that youíre now going back to Bell when you were just talking about Conner. The fact is that Conner hasnít proven he can carry Bellís jock, much less proven heís a top back in the league.

Old 08-13-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Handpicked stats? Lmao. Those are NFL running back stats from last year, and I didnít even post all purpose yards.

Itís funny that youíre now going back to Bell when you were just talking about Conner. The fact is that Conner hasnít proven he can carry Bellís jock, much less proven heís a top back in the league.
really? i didn't think bell had a single yard last year.

oh wait he didn't.

you are going 0'fer so far this year lets hope its pre season jitters

Old 08-13-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
really? i didn't think bell had a single yard last year.

oh wait he didn't.

you are going 0'fer so far this year lets hope its pre season jitters
If/when Conner sniffs Bellís stats with the Stillerís Iíll happily Hail to Pitt/Conner with you.

Please do post some stats, even handpicked to show how great Conner was last year to prove he deserved to be in the Pro Bowl and/or that heís a great NFL back.

Oífer? Lol, keep reaching.

Old 08-13-2019, 09:24 PM

13,257 posts, read 18,139,226 times
Quote:
Please do post some stats, even handpicked to show how great Conner was last year to prove he deserved to be in the Pro Bowl and/or that he’s a great NFL back.
James Conner had 12 TD runs last season. Le'Veon Bell never had more than nine TD runs in a season.

James Conner had 13 total TDs last season. Le'Veon Bell never had more than 11 total TDs in a season.

Normalizing his season to 16 games (he played only 13), James Conner was on pace for 265 carries for 1,198 rushing yards and 15 TD runs, and 68 catches for 612 receiving yards and one TD catch, for a total of 333 touches for 1,810 total yards from scrimmage, and 16 total TDs.

James Conner doesn't have to be as good as Le'Veon Bell. All he has to be is almost as good for a fraction of the cost and none of the flakiness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or