U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 01:26 PM

1,900 posts, read 1,371,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Nice strawman argument, but being able to recognize 12 is pretty simple, and almost as simple as measuring ones footwear to get an exact length.

What do you think the cop is getting out of writing $14 tickets, that you think makes him corrupt?
Yeah yeah, we get it man, do you feel better now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 01:28 PM

8,871 posts, read 5,506,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
Yeah yeah, we get it man, do you feel better now?
Im just trying to understand how you doing something wrong makes the cop corrupt.

Old 08-13-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Im just trying to understand
It's a cross you will bear your entire life, I'm sure you'll get there some day.

Old 08-13-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
It's a cross you will bear your entire life, I'm sure you'll get there some day.
I’ve already learned to take responsibility for my own actions rather than blaming others for doing their job if/when I do something wrong. It’s simple, when you do something wrong, man up and accept the consequences.

Old 08-13-2019, 02:01 PM

11,396 posts, read 14,293,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
Lawns are for suckers. Build to the sidewalk (unless you are right on 65).
That's bad for the environment. Dormont boro tried to nail me when I sold my overtaxed duplex years ago. Said I poured too much concrete on my property. Had to show photos from when I purchased that it was already there. Some township/boros just like to tax the hell out of people. One of the reasons I left there.

Old 08-13-2019, 02:02 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,051,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
That's bad for the environment. Dormont boro tried to nail me when I sold my overtaxed duplex years ago. Said I poured too much concrete on my property. Had to show photos from when I purchased that it was already there. Some township/boros just like to tax the hell out of people. One of the reasons I left there.
Dormont is bad

Old 08-13-2019, 02:13 PM

This thread aint complete without a "bingo" can I get a bingo?

Old 08-13-2019, 02:20 PM

Quote:
I have family in Dormont. Still can’t figure out why they love living on a ridiculously steep hill, but they’re right near Beto’s so it’s a nice visit.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:01 PM

1,182 posts, read 628,788 times
Quote:
Harvey Lieberman? Lol...

Old 08-13-2019, 07:43 PM

5 posts, read 870 times
Ok, so let me jump back in here, after seeing posts from the law and order tribe, you know, 'do the crime pay the fine'...

In the original point I alluded to a scenario where someone had a circumstance in which it would be unjust to fine the person arbitrarily w/out a warning first. For example: Someone is ill or is temporarily incapacitated due to an injury. There has been a protracted period of heavy rains promoting rapid growth of grass in weeds. Prior to the period of incapacity, the person had begun work on the yard - conscientiously. While they are incapacitated and moreover, cannot afford to pay someone to tend to the yard, the police fine the person without issuing a warning. The person explains the situation to the police chief but the chief refuses to cancel the fine. The person can pay up or appear before the magistrate.

Is that the way we should want to be governed and policed? People complain about "Big Government" and being lorded over or tread upon by big gov't, but they tolerate being abused by their own municipalities - little (big) gov't, if you will!!!

These people are supposed to answer to us, the people, but we are supposed to roll over and submit to this kind of stuff...Really???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh