Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 08:17 AM

2,109 posts, read 2,159,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Bellevue has a bit of a more working class vibe IMO and I've never had an issue with the people there. I also grew up in the old Lawrenceville, and the old timers I know that are still there are pretty happy with a lot of the changes that happened in the neighborhood. It's like some people just want everything they hear on AM radio and Fox News to be proven true....
To be fair (and said as someone who would probably be classified as a Limousine Liberal based on my income and area of residence), I think the same could be said of folks who sit on the opposite side of the political spectrum and with other news sources. In general, we are exposed to sensationalized and polarized versions of just about everything, especially on the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 08:26 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,152,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsStanwix? View Post
To be fair (and said as someone who would probably be classified as a Limousine Liberal based on my income and area of residence), I think the same could be said of folks who sit on the opposite side of the political spectrum and with other news sources. In general, we are exposed to sensationalized and polarized versions of just about everything, especially on the internet.
You're not wrong, I can definitely think of one poster on the other side who too meets this description.

Old 08-16-2019, 09:15 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeauty202 View Post
Shooting cops is NOT obeying orders, so yes there is a discrepancy in your so-called "simplification" .... Ummm they didn't "TRY and KILL" ... They DID KILL MANY MANY PEOPLE! This somehow seems to escape the rationalization here...

And they literally "Try and Kill" actual LEOs, now most sane people would call that an actual imminent threat to LEOs,.... Last I checked Antwon didn't aim a gun at any LEOs, he ran...

So what I should deduce from your statement, Antwon would have had a better shot (no pun) at living if he would have actually stood his ground and had a shootout with Rosenfield as opposed to run from him unarmed ....

Ridiculous, but hey I heard wilder things from Bigots trying to rationalize their views other than just having bigoted mindsets..

But back to the topic of antidotal stabbings downtown that somehow makes downtown a Ghetto hellhole. The resident bigots of the Pittsburgh forum are truly one of kind. LOL.
I would love to find some common ground with you. I really would. We just see things very differently. In a way that is good. It shows how different people can be.

I stand by my reasoning though. If you flee and are being stopped for attempted murder, it doesn't matter if you are armed or anything, all that matters is you are fleeing when stopped for murder or attempted murder. Police should have the right to detain anyone involved in such a thing with deadly force. If they can't stop with deadly force why would anyone allow themselves to be detained. Might as well go murder someone and just run because you are free to go. I don't think I want to live like that. Murderers or those that try to murder shouldn't be allowed to simply run off. Only one person to blame if you get shot and that is yourself for being involved in an attempted murder and just simply running away when an officer is trying to detain you. It makes me sad that an officer lost his job for doing his job to the letter of the law. I am also sad that someone is dead at such an age, but you can't go around shooting at people and think you are going to just be allowed to leave when being detained. That isn't going to work.

Old 08-16-2019, 11:04 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,023 times
When is Peduto going to legislate some Knife Control laws? Dang these knives are just out of control.

Seriously, the Wood Street Station was always on the sketchy side at night, the other stations don't have much going on around them and so they don't attract the same crowd.

Old 08-16-2019, 12:03 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,152,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Seriously, the Wood Street Station was always on the sketchy side at night, the other stations don't have much going on around them and so they don't attract the same crowd.
You're right. I remember complaints about the shady people at that station from when I was in high school in the mid 2000's. It's been an issue for a long time.

Old 08-24-2019, 04:06 PM

527 posts, read 319,864 times
Yep.

Old 08-28-2019, 10:42 AM

121 posts, read 98,094 times
bruh
https://www.wtae.com/article/man-att...ation/28840175

Old 08-28-2019, 10:53 AM

2,109 posts, read 2,159,200 times
Details on this one are murky. They charged the person who used his knife, but it may have been in self defense. Is self defense with a knife allowed?

Old 08-28-2019, 11:02 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
I mean the mentally ill roaming the streets is by no means unique to Pittsburgh. Visit any big city Downtown in this country, and you'll come across people shouting at nothing or swinging their fists into the air or stripping naked and running around, etc.

Old 08-28-2019, 11:14 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,542,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I mean the mentally ill roaming the streets is by no means unique to Pittsburgh. Visit any big city Downtown in this country, and you'll come across people shouting at nothing or swinging their fists into the air or stripping naked and running around, etc.
Just another Tuesday night at Gooski's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh