U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:12 AM

71 posts, read 52,800 times

Advertisements

There are opinions people are not allowed to express in these days and times.
I agreed with the substance of what she said, but I'm aware I would be punished for saying it.
This probably applies to 50% of the population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:42 AM

6,021 posts, read 7,395,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
She lives in the city of Pittsburgh and grew her huge family there. She has nothing to do with suburbs. You don't know anything about her.
I clearly said "upper middle class" and not suburban...... Obviously there are many upper class people who live in the city limits and I know they're full of themselves too. It's pretty clear from what she's posts and how she's acts in Facebook that Wendy is so full of herself and thinks everyone loves her. I only said FC because that's where I spent many years working in customer service...

Old Yesterday, 07:30 AM

11,417 posts, read 14,320,633 times
I thought WTAE saw a chance to fire an aging woman anchor and took it. Not a real big fan of hers, even less when she through Guy under the bus.

Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM

30,403 posts, read 67,694,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
Hey I enjoy a $5 latte over here in the west too
Yeah, and I enjoy a $5 latte now and then, too, and according to this forum Polish Hill isn't in the east, so I must be in the south!

Old Yesterday, 07:42 AM

600 posts, read 224,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Oh it was all about outcry. A bunch of whining babies not wanting truth, just fake. We got the fake now, so all are happy unless you want to live in a real world.

Umm not going to respond to all those but again, it was all fake and wrong because why? Did you have access to her employment history? People don't have to live in the city to know her, plenty of people have said the same and as they say when there is smoke there is fire. For me I know someone who worked with her on a daily basis who I have never heard talk bad about anyone yet said she wasnt a very nice person and this wasnt the only issue.

Old Yesterday, 07:45 AM

3,613 posts, read 4,969,918 times
KDKA is just catering to their demographic - those over 70 who still listen to AM radio. It's a shrinking audience, but they remember KDKA as the premiere radio station that everyone listened to back in their day. Those days are gone. Wendy sees life through her own little bubble, and it appeals to old people who see the world in the same way. And they get advertisers like nursing homes, gold sellers, impotency pills, funeral homes and law firms to keep the lights on.

Old Yesterday, 08:23 AM

1,913 posts, read 1,378,871 times
Wendy Bell is terrible. Another reason I don't listen to KDKA these days.

Old Yesterday, 08:25 AM
gg

18,068 posts, read 18,438,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
...sees life through her own little bubble, and it appeals to old people who see the world in the same way. And they get advertisers like nursing homes, gold sellers, impotency pills, funeral homes and law firms to keep the lights on.
It is amazing how prejudicial and bias you are. Truly shocking how you feel you can paint an entire demographic with such a broad stroke, and you somehow feel superior doing it. It does make me chuckle however as you feel your opinion is somehow more enlightened than the "old people" with their vast experience. I don't think your view would fly well in Japan or China, but with your little "bubble"/echo-chamber you probably are cheered on. You might want to open your eyes a bit however. Lots of "old people" are very smart. Certainly MUCH smarter than the less experienced most of the time. Who knows you might even learn something from an "old person".

Old Yesterday, 08:27 AM

3,237 posts, read 2,831,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
Wendy Bell is terrible. Another reason I don't listen to KDKA these days.
i don't know if i can agree with that. her show with marty is not good. there is no chemistry. they are two of the same - not a good mix for a radio show. one person needs to contrast the other.

their discussions seem to get nowhere even with a guest, they dont ask the hardhitting, obvious questions. the banter of one does not seem to complement the other.

i am not sure this reflects on either wendy or marty,though - the show may be bad (in my opinion,of course) but they could have success solo, or with a better-suited partner.

Old Yesterday, 08:34 AM
gg

18,068 posts, read 18,438,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post

i am not sure this reflects on either wendy or marty,though - the show may be bad (in my opinion,of course) but they could have success solo, or with a better-suited partner.
So maybe solo for both is a better fit. I wish them both well. Wendy is a nine-time Emmy Award winner, with two Edward R. Murrow awards and a National Headliner -- winning first place for an expose on airline ticket prices. She is the top of the top in Pittsburgh or was. She exposed the double standard like no other in our area, yet it got swept under the rug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or