U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM

41 posts, read 19,652 times

Advertisements

We are moving to the Fox Chapel area soon and I went on the city website to try to figure out when trash day would be. Turns out that entire area is missing from the trash-pickup map.

Instead, it seems as if the individual township/borough manages their own trash pickups.

A couple of question:
1) Why does the City of Pittsburgh not service those areas?
2) Do I need to pay a service or sign up to have my trash picked up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:12 AM

5,996 posts, read 7,133,635 times
You're about to run into a very steep learning curve on how absurdly divided local government is. Have fun.

Old Yesterday, 10:19 AM

1,488 posts, read 892,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblerare View Post
We are moving to the Fox Chapel area soon and I went on the city website to try to figure out when trash day would be. Turns out that entire area is missing from the trash-pickup map.

Instead, it seems as if the individual township/borough manages their own trash pickups.

A couple of question:
1. Because you're not in the City of Pittsburgh. You're in a separate municipality.
2. If you're in Fox Chapel Borough: https://www.fox-chapel.pa.us/sites/f...guidelines.pdf

Old Yesterday, 10:32 AM

22,769 posts, read 24,438,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
You're about to run into a very steep learning curve on how absurdly divided local government is. Have fun.
Is that even the case here, though? If you don't live in the city proper, you don't use city services. That's true pretty much everywhere.

Old Yesterday, 10:32 AM

8,968 posts, read 5,553,283 times
Quote:
What would Fox Chapel garbage pickup have to do with divided local government?

Old Yesterday, 10:42 AM

5,996 posts, read 7,133,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Is that even the case here, though? If you don't live in the city proper, you don't use city services. That's true pretty much everywhere.
It is, but most counties don't have 130 municipalities, 45 school districts, and I forget what else.

Old Yesterday, 10:43 AM

3,247 posts, read 2,837,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblerare View Post

A couple of question:

this....IS a troll, right?

Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM

8,968 posts, read 5,553,283 times
Quote:
It is, but most counties don't have 130 municipalities, 45 school districts, and I forget what else.
In what states/areas does the city pickup every suburb in the county’s garbage?

Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM
gg

18,088 posts, read 18,462,390 times
Your in luck. Fox Chapel is the only borough that has garbage pick up at your door. No need to put it out at the curb because that is unappealing for us to look at. Hope this helps.

Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM

41 posts, read 19,652 times
OP here. Not trolling. Honestly curious as I'm pretty new here and was surprised, based on this map, that the city collects all around the region EXCEPT for Fox Chapel and O'Hara.

Do places on the edge of that map count as the city? What's the difference between a borough, township, and city?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh