U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-12-2020, 11:36 AM
gg
 
Location: Pittsburgh
21,657 posts, read 20,595,327 times
Reputation: 13738

Advertisements

So someone called someone a name and it is now "national news"? Why? Get over yourself. For all we know that person has a mental illness. Did you ever think of that? Maybe it should be more about the person in the video and how to help THEM and not the woman all upset over three words. Wow. If someone said anything to me, I would just laugh at them. Sure are some weak people out there.

I guess this will be made into some political gain or something. lol Sounds about right. Please post that woman yelling, "noooooooo, noooo" again as it is the theme of the leftists. Big babies! Really how weak are people becoming that a name is going to make them cry?????? Wow, I think I might have cried when I was 3 years old. After that I would either kick butt or laugh at the person. Can't get any weaker than what I witness from these lefties. Really.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-12-2020, 11:44 AM
 
Location: Downtown Cranberry Twp.
14,563 posts, read 7,369,214 times
Reputation: 2806
It is sad that it made national news, but many eat that up.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2020, 12:00 PM
 
Location: Brookline
2,968 posts, read 2,338,645 times
Reputation: 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
So someone called someone a name and it is now "national news"? Why? Get over yourself. For all we know that person has a mental illness. Did you ever think of that? Maybe it should be more about the person in the video and how to help THEM and not the woman all upset over three words. Wow. If someone said anything to me, I would just laugh at them. Sure are some weak people out there.

I guess this will be made into some political gain or something. lol Sounds about right. Please post that woman yelling, "noooooooo, noooo" again as it is the theme of the leftists. Big babies! Really how weak are people becoming that a name is going to make them cry?????? Wow, I think I might have cried when I was 3 years old. After that I would either kick butt or laugh at the person. Can't get any weaker than what I witness from these lefties. Really.
Which is it? Does this person have a mental illness or is the Lt. Gov wife just a weak snowflake?

You minimized what happened to her by saying perhaps this person has a mental issue and it wasn’t what it seemed like but then follow that up with you being such a tough guy that you would have either laughed at them or kicked their butt. So you are saying you would have beat up someone who had a mental issue because they called you a name? Or did the possibility of the mental illness only apply when it wasn’t you and you saw a window to call someone a snowflake?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2020, 12:31 PM
 
Location: Downtown Cranberry Twp.
14,563 posts, read 7,369,214 times
Reputation: 2806
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
Which is it? Does this person have a mental illness or is the Lt. Gov wife just a weak snowflake?
Being taught to be racist could certainly be the reason vs mental illness.

Last edited by erieguy; 10-12-2020 at 12:40 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2020, 12:43 PM
 
646 posts, read 242,175 times
Reputation: 668
I donlt think she's a snowflake by any means. To know her life story is to understand the modern immigrant experience. This is going to sound sexist, but a lot of women cry when they feel they don't have control in some situations, but then usually pick themselves up and resolve to do something about it. Guys usually just flip the bird, start a fight, and have a few beers to mellow out afterwards and brag to their friends about it. As a transplant to the area, she has done more for that community in Braddock - and beyond - than almost anyone else who lives there. Just her role in founding 412 Food Rescue alone has fed thousands and kept tons (literally) of good, fresh food from going to waste. Her political views are her own and might not appeal to everyone, but we would do well to have many more like her: https://412foodrescue.org/
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2020, 12:50 PM
gg
 
Location: Pittsburgh
21,657 posts, read 20,595,327 times
Reputation: 13738
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
Which is it? Does this person have a mental illness or is the Lt. Gov wife just a weak snowflake?

You minimized what happened to her by saying perhaps this person has a mental issue and it wasn’t what it seemed like but then follow that up with you being such a tough guy that you would have either laughed at them or kicked their butt. So you are saying you would have beat up someone who had a mental issue because they called you a name? Or did the possibility of the mental illness only apply when it wasn’t you and you saw a window to call someone a snowflake?
You like to fill in blanks to suit your needs it seems.

1. She is weak. When do adults become upset over being called a name? Seriously? Wow. Who cares?
2. The woman might be mentally ill. That is a possibility, or maybe she is just full of hate because she has been attacked for being white too many times and she has had enough? Hard to say.
3. If I felt she was just mentally impaired, I would just laugh it off. Doesn't mean you laugh in her face, you do it internally and walk away or drive away. Whatever.
4. If the person persisted, I might muscle up, but I wouldn't muscle up to a woman unless of course if I was attacked, then you have no choice.

Wow, you might want to curl up in the fetal position and take a nap.

Even as a tiny child we were taught, "sticks and stones can break my bones, but names can never hurt me". A tiny kid. Sorry, but adults should be a bit above being hurt by some nutcase calling them a name. How childish!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2020, 12:52 PM
 
138 posts, read 42,149 times
Reputation: 156
The second lady was accosted by a crazy yinzer bag lady who's probably out of her mind on psych meds and cheap booze. There's tens of thousands of people just like her in western PA, and all over the country for that matter. Especially here in the brain drained rust belt. Not everyone grew up as privileged as highly educated as her and her wannabe "revolutionary" of a husband. I love how these liberals get so triggered every time they're exposed to reality.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2020, 01:06 PM
gg
 
Location: Pittsburgh
21,657 posts, read 20,595,327 times
Reputation: 13738
Quote:
Originally Posted by screechingweasel View Post
I love how these liberals get so triggered every time they're exposed to reality.
It is hilarious in a way. The lefties are really something. Oh, mommy little Brenda called me a name. Goodness. There are all kinds of people out there. Racists walking around that are black, white and more. Angry crazy people and so-on. Just life in cities. Get used to it. The way the left runs the media, we sure are going to see more and more of this. It is odd how when Obama was in the right leaning people just went back to work and allowed things to just carry on. When the left loses an election, they just whine and cry as loud as they can and call everyone dumb, racist and whatever else they want to say towards anyone that doesn't see things their way. They sure are filled with hate.

Now about her in general, she is probably a very nice person and works hard in helping others and so-on, but why even post this video? What is the point? That there are angry or crazy people around? Yeah, no kidding. No reason to post that video.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2020, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, Hilly South, Land of Doors
1,997 posts, read 1,081,770 times
Reputation: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Barker View Post
I donlt think she's a snowflake by any means. To know her life story is to understand the modern immigrant experience. This is going to sound sexist, but a lot of women cry when they feel they don't have control in some situations, but then usually pick themselves up and resolve to do something about it. Guys usually just flip the bird, start a fight, and have a few beers to mellow out afterwards and brag to their friends about it. As a transplant to the area, she has done more for that community in Braddock - and beyond - than almost anyone else who lives there. Just her role in founding 412 Food Rescue alone has fed thousands and kept tons (literally) of good, fresh food from going to waste. Her political views are her own and might not appeal to everyone, but we would do well to have many more like her: https://412foodrescue.org/
Yes I'll give her and husband some credit for doing a lot of good for a neighborhood often neglected. He did stand up to UPMC somewhat before they tore down the hospital. Though he has gone very Democrat "mainstream" over the last few years.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2020, 01:16 PM
gg
 
Location: Pittsburgh
21,657 posts, read 20,595,327 times
Reputation: 13738
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
Yes I'll give her and husband some credit for doing a lot of good for a neighborhood often neglected. He did stand up to UPMC somewhat before they tore down the hospital. Though he has gone very Democrat "mainstream" over the last few years.
They are amazing for the neighborhood for sure. One has to wonder if a black person were to say something to her, would she post a video? Unlikely. I am a fan of both of them as people. Watched some cool events they have had in Braddock. How could you not like them both? Won't vote for him, but still like them both as people. She didn't deserve to be called a name, but a lot of people are called a name and didn't deserve it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top