Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2020, 09:28 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
They don't know why? Are you kidding me? Do people see protests? Racism against white people? Kids are cruel. Most affluent parents aren't going to do the public school systems anymore. Peduto won't let police even police anymore. Lawlessness is the new norm. Do you really think these wealthier people that moved in will deal with public schools in the city? ha, ha, ha Um, no!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2020, 10:06 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,054,189 times
if the PPS raises taxes, im moving out of city limits. i dont care. it isnt worth it.

Old 12-11-2020, 10:08 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
if the PPS raises taxes, im moving out of city limits. i dont care. it isnt worth it.
Because of a proposed $26?

Old 12-12-2020, 06:23 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,685,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
They don't know why? Are you kidding me? Do people see protests? Racism against white people? Kids are cruel. Most affluent parents aren't going to do the public school systems anymore. Peduto won't let police even police anymore. Lawlessness is the new norm. Do you really think these wealthier people that moved in will deal with public schools in the city? ha, ha, ha Um, no!
The public school system in Pittsburgh has been lousy at best for a long time. We will find out soon regarding the census numbers. Could more people be moving into the city with families but sending their kids to private or charter schools? Anything is possible but I highly doubt it.

I just think it is an overall quality of life issue in the city that has been brewing a long time. What you speak of is just byproducts of decades of decline. It didn’t start with any posters on this board, but yet nobody today seems to have an answer to correct it.

Anybody who could fix problems in Pittsburgh would be literally a miracle worker. The task is huge and greater than a single person or a mayor. Strong leadership with a coalition of public and private sectors on the same page is the only way. I don’t ever see that happening in our lifetimes unfortunately.

Old 12-14-2020, 06:25 PM

Interesting. LinkedIn lists Pittsburgh as a city where workers are leaving due to the pandemic. All other cities are northeast and midwest other than Norfolk and San Fran.

People are headed south and west.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...are-relocating

Old 12-15-2020, 05:02 AM

14,353 posts, read 17,027,384 times
Quote:
Interesting. LinkedIn lists Pittsburgh as a city where workers are leaving due to the pandemic. All other cities are northeast and midwest other than Norfolk and San Fran.

People are headed south and west.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...are-relocating
I saw this as well. From what I recall however, it's a very small decline (lower than the other 9 metros listed). Somewhere in the range of 0.02%. Of course, it's also based only on people with a Linkedin profile, who skew professional class.

Old 12-15-2020, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
I saw this as well. From what I recall however, it's a very small decline (lower than the other 9 metros listed). Somewhere in the range of 0.02%. Of course, it's also based only on people with a Linkedin profile, who skew professional class.
It’s interesting for sure. I believe though it is just moves from April-October of 2020. That is only a small snapshot in time.

Where do you see the local census numbers when the final count comes in? What is the Covid impact?

Old 02-28-2021, 10:23 AM

Here is an interesting article about the population decline in Westmoreland County from the Trib today. Does Westmoreland have the cheapest property taxes in the metro? Anybody know?

https://triblive.com/local/westmorel...ation-decline/

Old 02-28-2021, 11:17 AM

220 posts, read 146,581 times
Quote:
Here is an interesting article about the population decline in Westmoreland County from the Trib today. Does Westmoreland have the cheapest property taxes in the metro? Anybody know?

https://triblive.com/local/westmorel...ation-decline/
Look to be a little higher than Butler and Washington.

Old 03-05-2021, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
Single family home construction in the entire area has been at record lows for the last five years. This is likely fueling the insane prices for existing construction in desirable areas around the region.

https://mobile.twitter.com/chrisbrie...549892/photo/1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh