Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2022, 06:05 AM

1,170 posts, read 536,148 times

Advertisements

since our trendy restaurant scene has gained national attention, and because we love our primanti brothers n'at...

Customer walks into empty Burger King

https://www.wtae.com/article/burger-...side/40128296#

"Pittsburgh's Action News 4 learned that the single employee who showed up for their shift that day just left. A manager eventually showed up to lock the doors until the restaurant could be staffed.

Chris Briem, of the Center for Social & Urban Research at the University of Pittsburgh, says this is a sign of the times."

Mineo’s Pizza House, other restaurants temporarily shut down due to staffing issues

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/alle...MXNPYDH7O2BFM/

"But not even a week after opening, the restaurant is temporarily closed because they ran out of food and can’t find enough quality workers to meet the demand."

Pittsburgh Food News: A New Concept from the Richard DeShantz Restaurant Group Will Open Downtown This Month

https://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/p...wn-this-month/

"As for the two RDRG concepts that remain unopened, Butcher & The Rye (just down Sixth Street from the new Sally Ann’s) and Fish nor Fowl in Garfield, those spaces are still in limbo."

Oakland Mad Mex to close temporarily due to staff shortages

https://pittnews.com/article/168519/...aff-shortages/

"Bill Fuller, president of Big Burrito Restaurant Group, said the Atwood Street restaurant’s temporary closure is due to an overall staffing shortage in restaurants occurring around the nation."

and finally

Pittsburgh’s sidewalk cafe rules need to be adjusted, city councilor says

https://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/p...wn-this-month/

"During a public hearing on sidewalk cafes in Pittsburgh City Council on Tuesday, Councilor Bruce Kraus said the new spaces have proven to be disruptive, particularly on the South Side.

“It becomes a haven for people to hang out late at night, eat pizza, open fifths of liquor, smoke reefer, whatever they might feel like doing until four or five in the morning,” he said."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2022, 06:11 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
As the boomers and Gen X's retire the Millennials are now taking over. I think we just need to expect this type of thing from now on. Many places around cities will close and service will be lousy, etc. If you got to small ma and pa places in the country, you can still get service and pretty good food, but the prices will still be pretty high due to failed leftist policy with skyrocketing inflation.

Have a nice weekend. Enjoy.

Old 05-28-2022, 06:20 AM

1,170 posts, read 536,148 times
found this north hills restaurant review on google and it perfectly depicts the current situation - restaurants relying on high school kids to perform like mature adults which back in the day was realistic but not with this generation

"Waited inside and was appalled at the behavior of the kids working there. They had way too many kids doing the job of maybe one person, and actually avoiding doing that job at all. I saw the phone ring at 9:32 (website says they’re open til 11) and she didn’t answer it saying to her coworker they were supposed to stop taking orders at 9:45… more than 10 minutes later. They were complaining the entire time about being there making me very uncomfortable to even be waiting for food. Then, they had forgotten the ranch I ordered, but I hadn’t checked prior to leaving due to how uncomfortable I felt standing there at all. This occurred tonight, 5/28. A woman came down with the fries we ordered and the girls seemed to straighten up a little, but it seems like this group of kids isn’t really capable of being left to their own devices in the pick up area."

Old 05-28-2022, 06:32 AM

1,119 posts, read 517,121 times
Sounds like we need Kevin Sousa and the $40 pizza back.

Old 05-28-2022, 07:01 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,561,084 times
Just saw that Stagioni is set to towards the end of June. That place is going to be missed, but I fully understand why the owners have made the decision to close after twelve years in business.

Old 05-28-2022, 09:01 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,594,008 times
Is it possible to say anything that makes you sound older than "smoke reefer"? Maybe "smoked the reefer"?

Old 05-28-2022, 11:17 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,685,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
Is it possible to say anything that makes you sound older than "smoke reefer"? Maybe "smoked the reefer"?
Lol I was thinking the same thing. Lots of old heads on here fighting the future and don’t want to age out. Time is passing them by.

Old 05-28-2022, 11:25 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Lol I was thinking the same thing. Lots of old heads on here fighting the future and don’t want to age out. Time is passing them by.
Actually, lots of folks living in fear and wanting everything shut down has caused a huge gap in the workforce as a huge amount of folks have retired early and many are still scared to death of the virus. And a huge amount of folks have left the state. Shutting it down and living in fear has consequences.

Old 05-28-2022, 12:13 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
I think what you don't get is you missed the best of times. Sorry, but enjoy your future. If you only knew how good we had it. Of course if you go out to the country and know some small places that are family run, you can enjoy days gone by. I know of such places of course and enjoy them. I don't know of any place in the city or around here that is any good really. I make much better food at home.

Now in Florida the bar is much higher. I don't know why. Happier people is my guess, but eating out down there is great and young people hustle. Pittsburgh is a disaster.

Old 05-28-2022, 01:07 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,685,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I think what you don't get is you missed the best of times. Sorry, but enjoy your future. If you only knew how good we had it. Of course if you go out to the country and know some small places that are family run, you can enjoy days gone by. I know of such places of course and enjoy them. I don't know of any place in the city or around here that is any good really. I make much better food at home.

Now in Florida the bar is much higher. I don't know why. Happier people is my guess, but eating out down there is great and young people hustle. Pittsburgh is a disaster.
And this is a Pittsburgh forum. Talk about Florida in the Florida forum. I think the city is doing fine. It’s keeping the county population stable and is desirable. Plus it is where the money is with the younger folks.

I understand change may be difficult for a lot of people, but judging from your responses on here, time is passing you by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh